Insomniac
Janitor
Administrator

Old 06-07-2010, 05:23 AM

Hey guys, as some of you have noticed we've been testing out a new feature the last couple of days which lets you share what you enjoy on our little community with your facebook friends - and even earn a bit of gold for it :)

Below the first post in any thread you'll noticed a new Like button, when you click it you'll earn 25g up to a maximum of 50g per day. Below the games you'll also find a comment box, which will give you 50g when you comment. Comments earn gold a maximum of once per day.

Both features are limited to once per user per page, so clicking Like a bunch of times isn't going to help you.

To answer some questions:

Mene is on facebook? Oh my, where do I find you guys?!?

Will this link my facebook account to my mene account?

Absolutely not. If you have a friend on facebook that is also on mene they will be able to see that you like something, but there will be no link between your facebook account and your mene account for anyone to see.

I get gold for this? What's in it for mene...

Whenever you click like or leave a comment a news item will show up on your facebook wall. So not only are you showing your friends what you think is interesting, but you are helping out the site by possibly encouraging new members to our community.

But I don't want to show my friends I'm on mene

Well don't use it, we aren't forcing you to do anything.

I want to be able to Like something which doesn't have a like button, how do I do it?

Let us know where you'd like to see a button and we'll see about integrating it.

But I don't like facebook, get rid of it!

Under "My Account > Edit Your Details" you can opt-out of seeing the facebook widgets. If you don't like it, we don't want to show it to you ;)

Esmereina
Self proclaimed ingenius ^^

Old 06-07-2010, 05:40 AM

I'll test it out! ^^ I have no shame for my love for mene anyway...lol

Casiana
Word to your Grandmother
Send a message via MSN to Casiana Send a message via Yahoo to Casiana

Old 06-07-2010, 05:51 AM

Ooh, I like :)

Vi3t_x
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-07-2010, 05:54 AM

that cool X3

Esmereina

Old 06-07-2010, 06:06 AM

LOL..I love how only my name is displayed there...in the like part..XD <3

Maybe it's different for others...oh well..^^

RisikaFox
is bored... Amuse me? ^^

Old 06-07-2010, 08:34 AM

Hmmm, I don't seem to be able to see these features. O.o

Vanellope
I'm ADORABLE!

Old 06-07-2010, 11:06 AM

finally Mene on Facebook :D *likes*

Fauxreal
Fauxreal!

Old 06-07-2010, 12:57 PM

Thanks for the opt out feature - It's not that I don't want to do some cheer leading for you guys, I've already gotten people to sign up, I just don't care for the comments on my games right now.

Thanks anyway! <3

aleeloo
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-07-2010, 01:06 PM

Good job :) I would like it if I could like the Facebook - unfortunately in Facebook everything is so pushy that I can't stand it. I regret that they are destroying such a good idea by the awful obtrusive marketing. So I won't touch anything connected with it. But I'm going to comment our games! :)

Edit: grr abuuu - it is only possible with Facebook account. Its a pity :/

Last edited by aleeloo; 06-07-2010 at 01:09 PM..

Squid
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-07-2010, 01:24 PM

It's not that I'm ashamed of Menewsha and don't want people to know I play on it.

It's that I know no one on my list (Faux aside ;D ) would click to investigate and sign up.

Sorry for being a bad recruiter :c

/opts out

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 06-07-2010, 01:32 PM

Why is there a second Menewsha FB account? I mean, I'll 'like' this one as well, but what was wrong with the other one? Is it diseased? Poor thing. *pets it*

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 06-07-2010, 01:41 PM

i hate to be a negative voice... but im not down with this idea. i think that facebook has already violated enough privacy and i liked that mene was seperate and not corrupted by facebook. im not going to do this, and i am glad that you give us the option. please keep it as an option.

thank you

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 06-07-2010, 01:59 PM

I will use this and visit Mene on facebook!

KiwiRose
Matriarch

Old 06-07-2010, 02:17 PM

Having the opt-out feature is really cool, that way anyone who doesn't like Facebook really has nothing to complain about.

That said, I love this! I think it's a great way to advertise Menewsha! I'd use it even if I didn't earn the gold, to be honest. The online vendor I sell through, Renderosity, has a very similar feature as well. I expect to see this spreading to lots of online communities now...

Esmereina

Old 06-07-2010, 03:05 PM

I am just glad that both sides of the peanut gallery are satisfied with this. Good job, Inso! ^^

Jesmond
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Jesmond Send a message via MSN to Jesmond

Old 06-07-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by For-Chan Cookie View Post
Why is there a second Menewsha FB account? I mean, I'll 'like' this one as well, but what was wrong with the other one? Is it diseased? Poor thing. *pets it*
This I wonder as well. :(

I'm not really for or against the Facebook idea. A couple of my friends had signed up for it when I joined the other Mene group forever ago, however, I don't believe that any more would. That, or they would and compare it to Gaia as a "rip-off". :roll:

Vexatious~Venom
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Banned

Old 06-07-2010, 04:51 PM

So is this going to be a permanant feature to the site? Awesomesocks! *likes*

Last edited by Vicktoria Valentine; 01-03-2011 at 12:55 AM..

Tre Le Coco

Old 06-07-2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesmond View Post
This I wonder as well. :(

I'm not really for or against the Facebook idea. A couple of my friends had signed up for it when I joined the other Mene group forever ago, however, I don't believe that any more would. That, or they would and compare it to Gaia as a "rip-off". :roll:
I'm also curious as to why we need another menewsha facebook group when the other one has over 500 users on it and is regularly updated with new things that happen here, not to mention its also connected to menewsha's twitter, so anything that happens on there will automatically update on the twitter account

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 06-07-2010, 05:15 PM

After learning that, the second Facebook account seems even sillier.

Rainbow Pocky
The Colorful Pocky Lover

Old 06-07-2010, 05:17 PM

doesn't sound too bad, I'lll connect then :)

woohoohelloppl
Lurking

Old 06-07-2010, 06:37 PM

Oooh, thank you for this!

EDIT :: I have trouble commenting on games in FireFox. It won't log in or let me type anything in the left column. Also, when I allow pop-ups and click like on something, I get continuous pop-ups.

Also, is this limited only to our main accounts?

Last edited by woohoohelloppl; 06-07-2010 at 06:59 PM..

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 06-07-2010, 08:49 PM

I honestly dislike the incentive driven by liking things via facebook by giving gold. My reasons are simple.

1. Users will just like things so they get their daily gold.
2. It is basically a facebook ad to encourage people to use facebook, which I personally dislike facebook.

If you keep it, I at least feel it is more reasonable to remove the gold from it, as it gives users a way to "like" something for free gold. It's good that there is a cap, but I still don't like that part of it.

So there's my opinion, take it how you wish, but I'll stand on this.

PoetsRequiem
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-08-2010, 12:35 AM

Oh, that's pretty cool. Thanks^^

Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 06-08-2010, 01:13 AM

I actually think the gold is reasonable and fine. Us liking and comment means that there will be more publicity for Menewsha, which means more money, which means more features for us. :P

I don't know. The gold cap is perfect, and Facebook has a helluva great track record for attracting paying customers (I know some people on the Zynga team, so... Yeah. :ninja: ).

And it's really NOT an advertisement for us to use Facebook. Facebook is commonplace practically everywhere you go on the web now. There are 'Like' buttons everywhere. It's an advertisement for Facebook users to use Menewsha, for that very reason. Not the other way around.

Sakura_Madison
The Lover of Red
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Sakura_Madison Send a message via MSN to Sakura_Madison Send a message via Yahoo to Sakura_Madison

Old 06-08-2010, 02:13 AM

Thank you for having an opt-out button.

I really like Mene, but there are some issues in facebook that are trying to resolve.

I might give it a try, but no guarantee when I will do that.