Menewsha Avatar Community

Menewsha Avatar Community (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hangouts and Chatter (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   The Phoenix Jubilee 2010 [Event FAQ and Overview] -- Event extended... again! (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161134)

Head Librarian 05-25-2010 12:38 AM

The Phoenix Jubilee 2010 [Event FAQ and Overview] -- Event extended... again!

http://www.menewsha.com/img/23197/47...a92870c8dd.png
Banner by Sizzla!

Event Guide and FAQ

Don't know where to go to get the event item rares? Not sure how to collect the different currencies? Confused about how the event works in general? This is the thread where you can find the answers to your questions - or, if you're still unclear, please feel free to ask in the thread and get help from others. :)

Please note that this thread is for questions and answers, bug reports and event feedback only. General chat should be kept to the main event thread or user created threads. If you are simply chatting in this thread, it is considered spam and will be removed.

The Phoenix Jubilee 2010 event runs from May 25, 2010 - June 05, 2010, ending at approximately 7pm Central Time Zone. (Click here to find out what time it is in Central Time Zone right now!)

How to Get Started

The best place to start is at the start!

>>> You will need to visit the sign-ups page and choose a team and primary profession. <<<

There are two teams (Gasket and Sprocket) and three professions (Engineer, Gardener and Saboteur).

Teams
Gasket's team color is Bronze.
Sprocket's team color is Steel.

There is no outward advantage to choosing one team or the other - it comes down to what team you prefer to be on! Whether that decision is based on the team name, color, or which team your friend is on - just pick whichever you like. :)

Primary Professions
Engineer - Engineers perform regular maintenance on machines, making certain that they are kept in good repair. Without Engineers, the machine will break and stay broken.

Gardener - Gardeners harvest the Phoenix Orchid blooms and feed them into the machines. Without Gardeners, the machine won't have enough bloom-fuel to run.

Saboteurs - Saboteurs have the unusual job of doing the opposite of the other two. They make sure the other team's machine doesn't run properly. In Duval, saboteurs are respected as a profession that promotes better attention to detail when designing their machines. In the purposes of the game, they keep the other professions on their toes!

The Event Toolbar

Every task related to the event can be done from the event toolbar! What follows is an explanation of each area on the toolbar.

Above is an example of what the event toolbar looks like! You should see this toolbar in the bottom left area of your screen on any event-related page.

Profession and Secondary Profession
Click on this area to change your secondary profession.

This area displays your primary profession (the profession you signed up to the event for) and your secondary profession (a profession you may change at will to suit the need of the team). In this example, the user is a Saboteur (primary) and Gardener (secondary).

Primary professions are 'locked' - you cannot change this profession after having selected it for the event. The advantage of them is that you provide twice the effect when performing your profession's task. (Engineers repair the machine, Gardeners replenish the machine, and Saboteurs damage the other team's machine.)

Secondary professions are changeable. You may change your secondary profession to either of the other two (ie: a Saboteur may be an Engineer or Gardener as their secondary) once a day for free, or for the cost of three profession-related objects thereafter. (A person wishing to change their secondary profession to Gardener would need to spend 3 flowers to do so.) It is to your advantage to change your secondary profession when the team is in trouble! If the team's machine is broken or needs more flowers, every bit helps! Unfortunately, they only have half the effect of someone who does the job as a primary profession.

Team Headquarters

As you can see from the example, the user is part of Team Gasket.

Clicking on your team headquarters will produce a pop-up that allows you to perform your profession and secondary profession's related tasks.

This is how you earn Seeds and trade them for Event Items (rares). If you'd like more information on this section, please read the text provided in the pop-up!

Links
A list of links to different areas of the event!

You may visit the Event FAQ (hey - that's here!), the Event Forums (if you don't want to scroll around to go back to the main forum area), and the Special Event Store from here.

The Hangar

Old Man Montour hangs out here and will trade you Seeds for Credits.

Remember:
Seeds are used to purchase Event Items (rares).
Credits are used to purchase event commons.

Missions
Visit here to work on Old Man Montour's missions! He'll set the teams a task and both teams will compete to be the first team to finish the assigned task.

Those who have participated in the mission (by clicking "Help Out") may be rewarded with Credits that they may use in the Special Event Store. All of the participating users on the winner's team will win Credits. If the other team impressed Old Man Montour, he'll give the participating members a few credits too.

It costs you absolutely nothing to Help Out and you may do so every 15 minutes! You actually earn 0.25 Seeds each time you Help Out out your team, whether your team wins or loses.

Shed
The shed is where you can visit to see if someone left behind extra Spanners, Gears or Flowers. Click on one of the boxes and see what your reward is!

You may visit the shed every 15 minutes and may win 1 - 3 objects.

POWER HOUR
This is the most sweet aspect of the game! Once every twelve hours you may click Power Hour and receive double the reward for participating!

A timer will count down the time you have until your rewards for posting, Helping Out (Mission), and Profession actions stop being doubled.

Event Currencies:
What they do and how to earn them

If you look at your event toolbar you will see a row of icons and numbers. This section will explain what the event currency section means and how to earn them.

http://www.menewsha.com/events/jubil...on_credits.gif Credits
Credits are a currency you may use in the Special Event Store if you don't want to spend your gold. You may choose to spend either gold or Credits - but cannot pay for a single item using a combination of both.
You may earn them in the following ways:
- Trade Seeds for Credits by visiting Old Man Montour at the Hangar.
- Post in the forums (you have a very small chance of getting a Credit when you post, but it's still a chance!)
- Participate in Missions by clicking "Help Out".
http://www.menewsha.com/events/jubil...icon_seeds.gif Seeds
Seeds are a currency you use to trade the team's machine for Event Items (rares). You may spend your currency by clicking "Build" at Team HQ.
- "Help Out" in Missions.
- Do your profession's task in team HQ. (ie: Gardeners Replenish, Saboteurs Sabotage, and Engineers Repair)
http://www.menewsha.com/events/jubil...icon_gears.gif Gears
Gears are a currency used by Engineers. Engineers use Gears to Repair the team's machines. You may use them in one of two ways: Use them to Repair the machine or Donate them to players whose primary profession is Engineer (regardless of team).
- Find them in the Shed.
- Have them donated to you by another player.
- Post in the forums.
http://www.menewsha.com/events/jubil...on_flowers.gif Flowers
Flowers are a currency used by Gardeners. Gardeners use Flowers to Replenish the team's machines. You may use them in one of two ways: Use them to Replenish the machine or Donate them to players whose primary profession is Gardener (regardless of team).
- Find them in the Shed.
- Post in the forums.
http://www.menewsha.com/events/jubil...n_spanners.gif Spanners
Spanners are a currency used by Saboteurs. Saboteurs use Spanners to Sabotage the other team's machines. You may use them in one of two ways: Use them to Sabotage the other team's machine or Donate them to players whose primary profession is Saboteur (regardless of team).
- Find them in the Shed.
- Post in the forums.

Earning the Profession Tools
By now and you're wondering how you can possibly complete the collection of all six Profession EIs? Here's how to do it!

In the event forum, underneath each avatar's usual buttons there will be a text link that will say "Donate Spanners" or "Donate Gears" or "Donate Flowers" depending on which primary profession the user has selected.

Click on the "Donate" button and you will be asked to donate 12 Gears, Flowers or Spanners in one go. Doing so will earn you the profession item.

For example:
If you wanted the Team Gasket Gardener's set of tools, you would need to donate 12 Flowers to a Gardener on Team Gasket.

To obtain the Team Sprocket Saboteur's set of tools, you need to donate 12 spanners to a Saboteur from Team Sprocket.

You may do this as much as you would like to as long as you have the necessary amount of Gears, Flowers or Spanners to donate.

What are the differences between profession sets?

Engineers receive Hammers.
Gardeners receive Shovels.
Saboteurs receive Wrenches.

Each team's tool set contains the same plain and Duvalian version of their tool and a bonus version of the tool in their team's color.

(So a Team Sprocket Engineer would receive a multi-item with a Hammer, Duvalian Hammer, and steel colored Team Sprocket Hammer.)

>>>There is a limit of ten profession EIs each you may earn per account.<<<

Frequently Asked Questions

This space will be filled with commonly asked questions you guys might have about the event. Staff will edit in the answers to questions that seem to be asked a lot.

Q. How long will this event last?
A. Until approximately 7pm Central on June 05, 2010. Click here to see what time it is in Central Time Zone right now!

Q. Can you collect event currency by posting in all forums or only in the event forum?
A. You can collect them in all forums except the Word Games forum.

Q. What time does the next event item rare come out?
A. They should come out at midnight Central Time Zone, but this may vary due to unforeseen circumstances. Just hang tight if it happens!

Q. Is there a limit to how many event item rares I can collect? Do they have to be collected in a specific order?
You may collect as many of the gifts as you have currency for, as many times as you like, whichever order or item you like. (For example, if you only wanted to collect the third item, you do not have to collect the first and second as well.)

Q. Who did the artwork for the event?
A. ToriKat and HamletSpamlet did the artwork for the staff thread banners (and Sizzla put together the banners).
YanYan13 and Omi did the artwork for the event forum layout.

Q. Who did the pixeling for this event?
A. Wish04, puchistar and Tayoko all worked on the event commons. Wish04 and puchistar worked on the event rares. Bisque worked on the event currency icons.

Q. Why isn't [specific feature] working for me?
A. Please post your browser (ex: Firefox), browser-version (ex: 3.1), and operating system (ex: Windows Vista) and let us know what problem you are experiencing, if it happens in all browsers you try; etc. Posting screenshots may also be useful. We'll do our best to troubleshoot - but we need more information than just, "this isn't working. :c"

Event Items (Rares): How to Earn Them

The four event items will be released every other day, giving users time to earn enough Seeds to collect them and for the Machines to be calibrated to produce the new Event Item.

Visit the Team HQ and click "Build" to feed the machine the Seeds that are necessary to produce the Event Items.

WARNING: If the team's machine is too low on blossom fuel or damaged too heavily, the machine will not produce Event Items! Engineers and Gardeners need to keep supplying the machine with Flowers and Repairing any damage given!

Item release schedule:
- May 26 - Steampunk Buggie (10 Seeds)
- May 28 - (Duvalese Top Hat) (12 Seeds)
- May 30 - (Buzz Off Costume) (14 Seeds)
- June 1 - (Swing Into Spring) (15 Seeds)

Total = 51 Seeds

The_Crow 05-25-2010 07:23 AM

This sounds like the most complicated event yet, but I hope it goes well and that everyone has fun!

Shagami 05-25-2010 07:29 AM

Thank you for the wonderful event;
the store items are very pretty

Bartuc 05-25-2010 07:32 AM

Quote:

Power Hour
WE ARE PLAYING DRINKING GAMES?! OH FUCK YEAH! BEEN TRYING TO CONVINCE JELLY TO DO THESE FOR A YEAR! I pick Corona as my beer of choice! :cool:

The_Crow 05-25-2010 07:33 AM

1. BOTH secondary professions tell me that my team has too many of that profession and that I have to chose another... but I've run out of options!

2. When trying to pick up my free profession tools I get the message:
Quote:

You are short in Array, get some to collect your profession item
[EDIT] Windows 7, IE 8

*Hime* 05-25-2010 07:37 AM

I'm confused as to how to get all the items, but it seems like fun (:

Larxene 05-25-2010 07:43 AM

Wow, this sure is a more difficult leveled event. :sweat: I might have to re-read this FAQ again to see if I can make sense of it all.

I also got the "You are short in Array, get some to collect your profession item" message that The_Crow got. I'm using Firefox as my browser.

Lord Frappuccino 05-25-2010 07:45 AM

Sounds like a good event! I hope we all have fun... Also, gaskets are going DOOOWN!! :-D

CK 05-25-2010 07:49 AM

We're in the process of fixing some of the glitches that happened in the transfer from the development site to live! Hopefully all these issues will be resolved soon! Sorry for the technical difficulties. :)

Blame the Saboteurs. ;)

The_Crow 05-25-2010 07:50 AM

Another problem I noticed:

Every link below the username says "Donate Spanner", even if they are a gardener or an Engineer.

Yet again, Windows 7, IE 8

Celestrya 05-25-2010 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CK (Post 1767289441)
We're in the process of fixing some of the glitches that happened in the transfer from the development site to live! Hopefully all these issues will be resolved soon! Sorry for the technical difficulties. :)

Blame the Saboteurs. ;)

That's our job! ;)

I love the Power Hour feature!!!

*Hime* 05-25-2010 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Crow (Post 1767289446)
Another problem I noticed:

Every link below the username says "Donate Spanner", even if they are a gardener or an Engineer.

Yet again, Windows 7, IE 8

I only get donate flowers.

Also, I can't seem to pick up my profession set, do any missions or change my secondary profession.

The_Crow 05-25-2010 07:56 AM

At least I know it's not just me the event is picking on. Otherwise I'd have to go hide in the corner. *Hime* has the exact same three problems I have, and I'm simpy guessing Missions haven't been released yet.

Larxene 05-25-2010 07:56 AM

Quote:

Blame the Saboteurs. ;)

Haha, alright. Thank you for letting us know, CK. :)

Panda-nee 05-25-2010 07:58 AM

I'm very confused Owo
How do we get flowers?

Lord Frappuccino 05-25-2010 08:00 AM

Quote:

Blame the Saboteurs. ;)

Oops... -looks around and hides his wrench- wasn't me! -runs off-

The_Crow 05-25-2010 08:08 AM

Update: Is Yan around? The link now says "GIVE FREE" but upon clicking it, it still asks how many Spanners I would like to donate, once again, despite the other person's actual profession.

Plus, CK, hopefully we're smart enough not to be sabotaging ourselves :headdesk:

[Windows 7, IE 8]

Celestrya 05-25-2010 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda-nee (Post 1767289523)
I'm very confused Owo
How do we get flowers?

By posting, or clicking on the Shed link on your Mission bar. :)

Or if someone donates them to you.

Lilu 05-25-2010 08:23 AM

Go Team Sprocket!