Menewsha Avatar Community

Menewsha Avatar Community (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/index.php)
-   Menewsha Pixel Studios (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Neller's Pixels - Rose Gown, what have I gotten into?! (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197469)

neller 06-18-2012 05:48 AM

Neller's Pixels - Rose Gown, what have I gotten into?!

Neller's Pixels

I've never really been one for pixelling really. I've dabbled, but never took on any real projects. But when I saw this thread and the opportunity to help Menewsha, my love and joy, I just had to help out. So here will be where I'll post my pixel projects. :)

neller 06-18-2012 06:10 AM

Works in Progress

Here are a few things I've started. Whether they get finished or not is another story. :3
FEEL FREE TO CRITIQUE. I CAN TAKE IT!

CURRENT PROJECT: Rose Gown

SKETCH
http://i.imgur.com/dOjFNz1.png

PREVIOUS PROJECTS:

neller 06-18-2012 06:12 AM

Finished Works

None quite yet.

neller 06-18-2012 06:14 AM

Items I Just Dream About

Idea List
Back Feathers (like this link)
A buckled waist belt
A cloth waist belt
Men's V-neck T-shirt
Men's button up (buttoned, partially unbuttoned, unbuttoned)
Gold and Silver Shin-guards
Simple Dress (much like the top of the Valentina Top)
White (and other colors) flag

neller 06-18-2012 06:14 AM

Reserved...

neller 06-18-2012 06:15 AM

Reserved...

neller 06-18-2012 06:15 AM

FREE FOR POSTING!!!

Alexandrus Gambino 06-18-2012 06:32 AM

Okay, so I rather enjoy that coat.

neller 06-18-2012 06:36 AM

Lol. Thank you. :)
Any critiques?

---------- Post added 06-18-2012 at 02:38 AM ----------

I've been thinking about trying short or no sleeves.

Alexandrus Gambino 06-18-2012 06:38 AM

well, not really. You're actually a much better pixel artist than I am ahhahahah

neller 06-18-2012 06:39 AM

I really liked your tops, though! Haha.

Alexandrus Gambino 06-18-2012 07:00 AM

(I'm addicted to oriental items)

Flowery Pit 06-18-2012 07:52 AM

I really like the bedtime sweaterr. It'd be great in another colors too! I can't really give critique because.. I don't pixel. But I'll try to give you something..

I like the length on the sleeves and the bottom. I think it looks good like that. The end of the sleeves, to me, are bit pudgy. Maybe if they held a similar shape to how the sweater drapes at the bottom?

I think shading wise is pretty good. The only parts is the right sleeve (your right) seems a bit flat. I don't know if its my screen but I don't see as much glimmer (highlights) on it unlike the other places. And than, the draping on the left (your left) shoulder is on the flat side for me. I think you should try darkening the inner bit toward the base's waist/breast to show it's curving around the body?..

If this is hard to follow I can circle it.

xuvrette 06-18-2012 12:03 PM

wow, nice. I love the bedtime sweater.
Nice folds and design.
But I cannot imagine how that curve shape of the robe be so close at the tummy side when the sleeve are actually drooping off shoulder? Shouldn't the weight/flow of the fabric bring down the fabric and not able to maintain the curve shape at the tummy?

neller 06-18-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flowery Pit (Post 1770864449)
I really like the bedtime sweaterr. It'd be great in another colors too! I can't really give critique because.. I don't pixel. But I'll try to give you something..

I like the length on the sleeves and the bottom. I think it looks good like that. The end of the sleeves, to me, are bit pudgy. Maybe if they held a similar shape to how the sweater drapes at the bottom?

I think shading wise is pretty good. The only parts is the right sleeve (your right) seems a bit flat. I don't know if its my screen but I don't see as much glimmer (highlights) on it unlike the other places. And than, the draping on the left (your left) shoulder is on the flat side for me. I think you should try darkening the inner bit toward the base's waist/breast to show it's curving around the body?..

If this is hard to follow I can circle it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xuvrette (Post 1770864626)
wow, nice. I love the bedtime sweater.
Nice folds and design.
But I cannot imagine how that curve shape of the robe be so close at the tummy side when the sleeve are actually drooping off shoulder? Shouldn't the weight/flow of the fabric bring down the fabric and not able to maintain the curve shape at the tummy?

I can see what both of you mean in your critiques! Thank you very much! I'll have to work on that. :)

I'm not quite happy with the sleeves. I plan on changing them. I just haven't got around to it. I'll work on it either today or tomorrow. :)

Maria-Minamino 06-18-2012 06:15 PM

I love that I <3 mene sign - hope it gets released!!

I agree with Xuvvie's statements about the structure of the shirt but other than that I love it! You are so good with folds and flowy-ness and shading!

neller 06-18-2012 06:18 PM

I need to edit the letters and heart a little bit more. :3
She said keep it simple for the new members, so I thought a sign would be perfect. XD

I'm excited to continue working on that top. lol

Maria-Minamino 06-18-2012 06:35 PM

I would love to see all the newbies running around with that sign!

neller 06-18-2012 06:46 PM

It's too bad I couldn't take the badge under our pictures and make the sign from that. :ninja:
Lol.

Maria-Minamino 06-18-2012 06:57 PM

Aw that would be so cute but I'm pretty sure they'd want to keep that badge for donating members only D:

neller 06-18-2012 08:03 PM

Yea...I know. That's why I didn't use it. XD

neller 06-21-2012 02:58 AM

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ouldtopfm3.png

I'm 100% happy with the (our) right side of the top. I'm still fiddling with the left side and could use some input. :)
I like the new sleeves better. :D

neller 06-24-2012 05:55 AM

I worked on the (our) left side of the sweater a bit more. I got the hip shading about down. I still don't like the collar or sleeve of the left side, yet. I would REALLY appreciate some insight.
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ouldtopfm4.png

Thank you. :)

Rainbows 06-25-2012 07:46 AM

It feels too 'thick' on the bottom - like the top portion is made of light and thin fabric (shown by the place that touches the shoulder- it's nearly flush with the skin), and the bottom is thicker, heavy cotton (the folds are deep and dark and the bottom curls both into itself and outwards).

neller 06-25-2012 06:35 PM

I saw that the bottomed looked a little thick compared to the top, as well. :O I was going to work on that as soon as I was done with the left side.
Thank you. :)