Menewsha Avatar Community

Menewsha Avatar Community (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/index.php)
-   Event Hangouts and Parties (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=225)
-   -   T A R D I S - The Doctor LOVES cookies! (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146728)

ljosberinn 12-25-2009 02:09 AM

T A R D I S - The Doctor LOVES cookies!

Yes, it's the Doctor, returning for the event. At least a little bit. I always make a thread for the events and on this festival of traditions, I couldn't not make one, now could I?

Our regular thread in the Menewsha Nation is here, please come visit us there after the event if you haven't already! Hopefully all the regulars will join us here, as well as some new people - don't be shy! We are an incredibly friendly lot. :)

Talk about anything, Doctor Who related or not, but make sure you don't post any spoilers. The general rule I go by is always hide away spoilers for the last two seasons or so (that's fourth season and this year's specials) and at least give a warning for any MAJOR spoilers from any series. You wouldn't want anyone to spoil the fun for you, so don't do it to anyone else either!

Alright, that's all I think. Allons-y!

Lost in Austen 12-25-2009 03:37 AM

Jelly Baby, anyone?? ^_^

Insert_Witty_Username 12-25-2009 08:21 AM

Hello everybody! Merry Christmas! ^0^

Kasene Teto 12-25-2009 01:27 PM

Yaayy! Marry Christmas Doctor Who buddies!

Ha, I bet The Doctor would actually be pleased to join a snow ball fight or two ;)

purple_artemis00 12-25-2009 01:33 PM

Oooo, yay! Other super-nerds! I love my people!

Kultura 12-25-2009 02:10 PM

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...-drwhoxmas.png
Happy Christmas Dr Who lovers! Anyone else gonna be watching the special today?
I'ma miss David Tennant :(

ljosberinn 12-25-2009 02:49 PM

Hey lost and witty! Long time no talkie, how have you guys been?

Hello all the new people I don't think I've ever seen before! Kasene, I bet he would, as long as it was real snow and not ashes or something. :P
Kultura, that icon is adorable. I wish I could watch the specials tonight, but I'm in Iceland for the holidays so I'm going to have to watch it illegally somewhere, and I doubt I'll be able to until tomorrow. My friends are going to have a get-together to watch it though, so it should be fun. I'm so excited! I'm going to miss Tennant too, but I think he's had a good run and it's better to quit when you're at the top rather than when you're washed out and have gotten boring and predictable, right? Not that I think Tennant could ever become boring...

Kultura 12-25-2009 02:55 PM

Ljosberinn try BBC iPlayer? Or even alluc.org, or tvshack maybe? They might have them on by tomorrow :3

RAGE ARE CHRISTMAS NUMBER 1 :-D

Amice 12-25-2009 03:59 PM

I've watched all I can and now I have to wait. I hate waiting.

Shimawa_zen 12-25-2009 04:20 PM

Yay - almost time for the Doctor Who Christmas Special!!!! (Although TT.TT I don't want Tennant to leave!!!!)

Unfortunately, I won't be watching it live because I don't live in the UK. But, I can probably find it online tomorrow. (FYI - BBC iPlayer doesn't work anywhere but the UK, so there are no official channels for foreigners to watch the episodes timely. I don't think that any country should have a lag between when they release to their own people, and when they release to other countries, but they all do.)

As for what I want from BBC for Christmas:

SPOILERX

A spin-off series about the parallel universe Doctor and Rose =D

Kasene Teto 12-25-2009 05:20 PM

=DDDDDDD

I got a limited addition discontinued screaming angel(From the episode: Blink) in a crying angel box figure!!!! Sqqquuueeeee!!!!!! *Dances around with box*

Shimawa_zen 12-25-2009 05:25 PM

Oh wow - congrats! Sounds excellent =D

Blink is such a fun episode XD

Connielass 12-25-2009 05:49 PM

. . .
Is Blink from DW?
In which case, I never saw it...

GoCloud! 12-25-2009 07:33 PM

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays ^_^.

Devilfern 12-25-2009 07:37 PM

Merry Christmas everyone!

I was just given Seasons 3 + 4 of Doctor Who this morning :lol:

serenitykit 12-25-2009 07:59 PM

Aw i wish i got Doctor Who for Christmas :stare: anywho Merry Christmas! and they played all the Christmas episodes yesterday um...the first real episode with david, the titanic, runaway bride, the new doctor, was there anymore?

Shimawa_zen 12-25-2009 10:11 PM

The Christmas episodes (in order) are:
- The Christmas Invasion
- The Runaway Bride
- The Voyage of the Damned
- The Next Doctor
- The End of Time (this year's two-part special)

Lost in Austen 12-26-2009 02:31 AM

Hello, all!
I havent seen the Christmas special yet, so please remember to put all spoilers in the spoiler tags, everyone! XD

Everytime i see the trailer for An Education with Carey Mulligan, I think of "Blink." BEST EPISODE EVER <3

ljosberinn 12-26-2009 05:24 AM

My friend managed to steal the Christmas special somewhere and it finally finished downloading about half an hour ago.. but it's almost half five in the morning now and I just got back from his place. I think my mum would not have been happy if my brother and I were returning home at half six in the morning, if she finds out what time we returned she'll probably be unhappy enough. It would have been a terribly bad idea to stay and watch, even though it was very tempting.
We're going to watch it tomorrow (to?)night instead, after Christmas dinner parties with families and stuff. My friend was so excited he was sure he would not be able to get through the dinner parties if he hadn't watched it, haha.
I can't wait to see it though! Be careful about spoilers if you're lucky enough to have seen it already! :D

Saiyana2 12-26-2009 05:27 AM

Well I get the Doctor tomorrow, so getting him the day after Xmas is almost as good. "The End Of Time" on tomorrow YAY

Lost in Austen 12-26-2009 05:30 AM

when is part 2 airing?

ljosberinn 12-26-2009 05:33 AM

Here we celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve, so I'm getting Doctor Who two days after Christmas. :P

Lost, isn't it on the 1st of January or something? When are they airing them in the States anyway?

Devilfern 12-26-2009 05:40 AM

I haven't been watching the series as it airs on tv...I like to watch my Doctor Who in big binges x) At least I have something to do for the rest of my break!

Lost in Austen 12-26-2009 05:40 AM

Not sure, really. But I was able to find most of WoM on youtube the day after it aired in the UK.

ljosberinn 12-26-2009 05:47 AM

Ugh, I hate watching things on youtube. I even dislike streaming. Even if it takes longer, I always download when I can.
Fernie, I like to watch all TV series in binges too haha. I never follow them as they're aired, unless it's something very very special. It means I'm always really late to discover good series, but it also means I almost never have to wait between episodes. :P

Completely unrelated: Lost, is that sentence in your signature Gaelic or something similar? And what does it mean? :3