Menewsha Avatar Community

Menewsha Avatar Community (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/index.php)
-   Comics, Manga, and Anime (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   What Anime are you watching now? (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=176351)

Emma Corrin 07-08-2015 03:23 PM

I'll have to check out Aoharu! I loveeee Ouran <3

Also - I finished watching Rozen Maiden 2013 - definitely watch it AFTER you watch the original series. The first episode was so horrible in comparison to what I was expecting, but after you watch the second episode it starts to make more sense and when you watch the 3rd you totally understand. If you want I'll link to my review on myanimelist.net for more as I'm on mobile at the moment lol But yeah - soooooo good once you understand what's going on and it complements the original series and expands on it. It basically rewrites the Alice Games into a new storyline and plot!

I also finished GJ Club - so good. I started watching Yona of the Dawn and I'm loving it so far. I hate that it flips back and forth from present to past but once they catch up I think that'll stop. I would have rathered they just went from the past to present, but meh - it's still amazing!

I'm also rewatching Inuyasha so I can watch The Final Act - I wanted to refresh my memory before I dived in :3

---------- Post added 07-08-2015 at 11:24 AM ----------

And I agree about new releases - I just added a ton of simulcasts to my Crunchyroll Que lol!

Phoenix of the Immortal 07-08-2015 08:46 PM

KrysusKitten: you will not go wrong with Danmachi.

You might go wrong with Charlotte though. I couldn't stand the main guy in it, using his "power" (think Lelouch) to create a life or death accident just to get the girl he wants to date to notice him.

Emma Corrin 07-08-2015 09:26 PM

Oh yikes - is Charlotte that bad? I actually just added it to my list to watch! Will let you guys know what I think when I watch it!

onsenmark 07-09-2015 12:47 AM

I'm planning on rewatching the Macross Frontier movies when I get a chance, this time in glorious 720p. Because I had the SD versions before.

Phoenix of the Immortal 07-09-2015 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emma Corrin (Post 1773394621)
Oh yikes - is Charlotte that bad? I actually just added it to my list to watch! Will let you guys know what I think when I watch it!

I could only watch 10 minutes of it. In those 10 minutes the main character learns that he has the mind powers of a Yamanaka (Ino's clan from Naruto) and he also acts a lot like Lelouch/Light. Add in the fact that he uses this power to cheat off of other people in tests/exams...

AND he used this power to create a potentially life and death situation, just to get a girl's attention! Where I stopped he was assumed to be cheating on his aptitude test and thought "The answers are right there in front of me" what happened after that I don't know, but if the main character acts like that then I'm sorry, the anime is not for me.

Emma Corrin 07-09-2015 02:04 AM

Yikesssss - is the anime maybe going to show his road to redemption or something? I'm curious to check it out... I'll let you know if the full episode and episode 2 are any better - I try to give everything at least a second episode because it could turn out like Rozen Maiden 2013 and have a misleading first episode that makes more sense after the second. [yes]

Phoenix of the Immortal 07-09-2015 02:11 AM

or like Punchline from Spring 2015. The first episode was stupid but the rest of it was good so I've heard.

Emma Corrin 07-09-2015 02:13 AM

I haven't heard of that one - I'll have to check Crunchyroll or MyAnimeList to see what it's about!

Phoenix of the Immortal 07-09-2015 02:14 AM

alright.

Emma Corrin 07-09-2015 03:48 AM

Omg - To-Love Ru: Darkness 2nd is finally airing and the opening song is amazinggg! Love it just as much as last seaon. Ugh. They always pick the best music for this Anime series lol!

Phoenix of the Immortal 07-09-2015 04:16 AM

Never got into that anime series tbh...

Emma Corrin 07-09-2015 04:26 AM

I really love the story! When you get past the sexual stuff it's actually really good - I will say that Darkness had a lot more sexual stuff than prior seasons but I attribute that to the sisters (mainly Momo) and new harem plot they're doing with the relationships lol Luckily it's pretty easy for me to ignore so I can still enjoy the rest of the storyline and plot! :D

Phoenix of the Immortal 07-09-2015 04:50 AM

I see. I have a ton of anime to get through, some from Winter 2014, some from Spring 2015 and starting to add animes from Summer 2015.

Emma Corrin 07-09-2015 01:22 PM

I know how you feel - I've even started adding Winter and Fall lineups into my list!

I checked out the Aoharu anime - sooo good! Same feel as Ouran but in a total different way and I love it - definitely going to be a great series! :D

Phoenix of the Immortal 07-09-2015 09:37 PM

I just finished watching Akagami no Shirayuki Hime and for anyone that liked Akatsuki no Yona, I definitely recommend it. The characters are likable and I honestly like Shirayuki-chan (though why cut your long hair...it was so cute...)

Also watched episode 1 of Jitsu wa Watashi wa (I am) I think is what it's being subbed as and I'm going to be staying on this roller coaster of a rom com. Usually these aren't my type of thing but I'll give it a shot.

Emma Corrin 07-09-2015 09:53 PM

Funny - I just put that one on my list when I added Yona but started watching Yona first! I too thought it was similar in style so I'm glad I won't be disappointed! :D

I haven't heard of that one - what's it about?

Phoenix of the Immortal 07-09-2015 11:38 PM

You won't be, it's pretty cute and Zen is pretty awesome like that. But yes, you won't be disappointed.

"I am" is about a guy who can't keep a secret to save his life. However, after finding out that the girl he loves is a vampire, he has to somehow keep it a secret. Otherwise she has to move away, the condition that her father gave her. Kinda like her character once she reveals her true self to the guy.

Emma Corrin 07-10-2015 05:24 AM

That plot sounds familiar.... but the title doesn't.... I think I just recently added that to either Crunchyroll or MyAnimeList during one of my recent adding binges lol I'll have to take a look tomorrow but the plot is definitely familiar!

Phoenix of the Immortal 07-10-2015 05:25 AM

alright. Were you able to watch the first episode of Charlotte by any chance?

Emma Corrin 07-10-2015 07:38 AM

Just checked my Crunchyroll and yup it's on there listed as Actually, I Am! I thought it sounded familiar lol

Not yet - I'm actually about to watch it right now! :3

---------- Post added 07-10-2015 at 03:46 AM ----------

I'm actually already annoyed with this guy's character and I'm 4 minutes in. I think this has potential though. Will finish out the episode and hope for the best!

---------- Post added 07-10-2015 at 04:01 AM ----------

Well, the two girls from the entrance ceremony made it worse, but once he was forced to retake an exam and got caught with the power things turned interesting! I'm enjoying the 2 people introduced from the new school who also have powers. Now that these people are in the picture I think it'll get better. Will definitely be giving it a second episode for sure! Did you watch through the chase etc.? Or did you turn it off around the time of the accident/pancakes?

Phoenix of the Immortal 07-10-2015 08:48 PM

Hope that you like "Actually I am", especially since it seems to be an interesting Rom Com type of anime. And I stopped right after he was called in to retake the test. However, if it gets interesting from there, I'll give it another shot.

Emma Corrin 07-10-2015 09:01 PM

I just watched it last night and I really liked it - it reminds me of Rosario Vampire in style and a few other anime I can't quite place, but I think it'll be really good! Only downfall is it's a simulcast so I have to wait either weekly or biweekly for each new episode!! The wait will be torture. [cry]

I personally think it has potential! They introduce 2 new characters and his sister, and in those moments you see a glimpse of a completely different person - I also feel it foreshadows a deeper story with the sister and his family situation - I would definitely at least finish the episode and give it a shot!! I was honestly on the same page as you when I first watched it, but after the test chase I saw the real potential and plot and I think it'll be really good once it gets going! The first half of the episode was really misleading!

Right now I'm watching a gag anime called Comical Psychosomatic Medicine - only five minutes per episode but it's hilarious lol It tries to be accurate but it's just insane - it's a nice 20 episode mini-series to just watch for kicks!

Emma Corrin 07-11-2015 02:43 AM

Well Aoharu is taking foreverrrr to release the second episode on Crunchyroll and I've finished the gag anime, so I'm now going back and forth between Yona and The Comic Artist And His Assistants - Yona is really good but it's a bit heavy and I can't just binge watch it like I normally would an anime - I'm not very far into Comic Artist yet but I'm liking it so far!

Phoenix of the Immortal 07-11-2015 04:06 AM

7 Deadly sins is a good anime to binge watch on, and the second opening is one of the best anime openings of all time. But if there's more to him than meets the eye...I'll give it another shot. But seriously those first 10 minutes make you HATE him...

Emma Corrin 07-11-2015 05:03 AM

The name sounds familiar but not sure if I've seen that or not - will have to check MyAnimeList!

Well I could be wrong but to me it leads me to think that there's more going on and will later be developed - I agree that I wanted to kill him in that short period of time though - I was only 4 minutes in before I hated him! But I stuck it out to the end and based on those last 10 minutes I can see the potential of what they're trying to set up with this episode :3

I think it's going to be one of those where the first episode sucks and it gets better from there because they didn't open the anime correctly :3 Or at least I hope that's the case!!