Menewsha Avatar Community

Menewsha Avatar Community (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/index.php)
-   Comics, Manga, and Anime (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   What Anime are you watching now? (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=176351)

Emma Corrin 07-13-2015 02:44 AM

Funny - will definitely have to check it out. :3 Though if I add anything more to my DVR it'll probably crash lmao It's so full it's ridiculous! Same with my Netflix, Crunchyroll, and Hulu ques!

Phoenix of the Immortal 07-13-2015 03:06 AM

lmao. I'm actually cleaning my DVR out now.

Emma Corrin 07-13-2015 03:21 AM

Great minds think alike lol! I'm up to 20% free, does that count? My goal is 25% then I can watch Anime again lol Plus, I figure by then the simulcasts I'm waiting on will be aired so it's a win win!

Phoenix of the Immortal 07-13-2015 03:51 AM

lol sounds about right. Though my Female Slayer in Dungeon Fighter Online is taking a hit... *sighs*

Emma Corrin 07-13-2015 05:42 AM

That doesn't sound good! What kind of game is it? Do you just fight monsters or do you do quests/compete with other people?

Phoenix of the Immortal 07-13-2015 05:50 AM

It's an MMORPG that's free to play. And it's mostly do quests, level up and go into dungeons and all that good stuff. You can form parties but usually I just go into a dungeon alone. *nods*

Emma Corrin 07-13-2015 07:43 AM

Haha Reminds me of that dungeon anime I just watched! Sounds fun though - and awesome that it's free! I'll have to see if it's one that my brother plays - he's always playing online games like that! [yes]

Also - side note - you can't post a review until episode 4 has been aired for an Anime of 13 episodes or less on MyAnimeList - I wrote one for Charlotte so people don't dismiss it after the first episode, trying to gain more interest in it as the ratings keep dropping, and even though people found my review helpful it was removed due to some policy about writing reviews before so many episodes have been watched lol At least they included my review in the message they sent? I'll just repost it in a couple of weeks lol And here I thought the message I got was someone wanting to discuss anime! Pshhhhh! :P

Phoenix of the Immortal 07-13-2015 10:08 AM

lol seems a little strange for that...

Emma Corrin 07-13-2015 08:59 PM

Right? What a weird policy to create. I mean, it is a blanket policy but I feel there should be exceptions in terms of simulcasts. So many people are ignoring an Anime that has potential because of that bad episode. It's things like that that keep an Anime from renewing. :(

Phoenix of the Immortal 07-13-2015 09:06 PM

exactly. Going to watch Snow White with Red Hair, YGO Arc-V and Actually I am first and then go back to Charlotte

Emma Corrin 07-13-2015 09:31 PM

The worst part is I see it happening so often with MyAnimeList lately - there are so many trolls that rate anime and reviews just to be douches! An Anime isn't even aired yet and it already has a rating and an average. :(

YGO - is that short for Yugi-oh?

I've been waiting for Actually I Am to post! When I went to bed last night it had 2 hours left before it released, but it would be another couple of hours after that before it was actually uploaded and available to watch lol

I'm planning on watching it after dinner! Right now I'm watching Clipped on YBS :3

Phoenix of the Immortal 07-13-2015 09:58 PM

yup, short for Yugioh *nods*

Emma Corrin 07-13-2015 10:19 PM

I thought so because of the Arc part - loved that series growing up! I kinda got lost with that and Pokémon though - too many new seasons to catch up with and I didn't have DVR at the time!

Also - this whole changing my text when I submit even though I've corrected it from their stupid autocorrection is getting ridiculous. I meant TBS not YBS >_>;

Phoenix of the Immortal 07-13-2015 10:40 PM

lmao! Go home autocorrect, you're drunk.

Also saw episode two of Shirayuki-hime. I have a sad feeling that while she has her own inner strength, that because of her friendship with Zen Shira-chan will be put into a damsel in distress type of role throughout the anime. She doesn't come off as that trope though, thankfully, but she is put into situations like that with both episodes so far, and it seems like it will be the case in ep 3. Though whether it's because of her red hair or her friendship (*coughlovecough*) with Zen...not sure.

Emma Corrin 07-13-2015 10:47 PM

YES!

Well that's frustrating.... I thought she was going to have a strong role like Yona in Yona of the Dawn... I mean yeah she was weak at first but she grows up and into her role - plus she had just turned either 15 or 16 - I think 15 - so that was at lot of it. I was really looking forward to that series! Hopefully it's not as disappointing. :(

Phoenix of the Immortal 07-13-2015 11:34 PM

Well, let's not forget that Shira-chan is a herbalist. She's not a fighter like Yona, and she doesn't have her group of bodyguards to help as well. She has Zen, who while is competent and a decent fighter, she's not fighting anyone in particular. Right now, she's trying to become a Court Herbalist. She's not trying to overthrow a nation or anything like that.

Also, the Class Rep in "Actually I Am" is setting off my Tsundere senses...honestly, that opening also screams Harem.

Emma Corrin 07-14-2015 12:45 AM

Yona isn't a fighter though - not until she had to be when Hak was almost killed - up until that point she didn't even have weapons! And she only has the dragons around her because she decided she wasn't going to lay around and wait to be captured and killed so her only other option was to raise allies to kill the guy who murdered her father and take back her kingdom - she didn't really choose the lifestyle!

Also I didn't actually know her role! I haven't watched it yet so I only assume based on the recommendation from Yona and what's described in MyAnimeList :3 I'm watching Yona first (about half way done) then I'm going to watch the other one :3

Bwahaha oh jeez - I'm about ready to watch it so I'll let you know if I feel different! Based on the MyAnimeList photo I figured it would have harem tendencies!

Phoenix of the Immortal 07-14-2015 12:56 AM

And here I thought you had already watched Shirayuki-hime and "Actually I Am" Already... *sweatdrop*

Emma Corrin 07-14-2015 01:05 AM

Hahaha Nope! Shirayuki is on my list but haven't started it yet - I fell asleep before I Am finally got uploaded so I didn't get to watch that one until now! :3

No biggie though! It was up next for me anyways! ;D

Phoenix of the Immortal 07-14-2015 01:11 AM

lol kk.

Emma Corrin 07-14-2015 01:37 AM

Ahhhhhh - I seriously loveeee the opening song for Actually I Am! I need to find the full version and buy it!! [cry]

I can see how you mean about the Class Rep though - I can definitely see how there setting it up with her and Asahi lol I'm also liking the spin they're taking with the vampire angle - it's kind of cute how they get flustered around one another! Especially over things she calls "common sense about vampires" - like really, with today's media, how is it obvious blood isn't a meal? Lol!

Phoenix of the Immortal 07-14-2015 01:48 AM

I find the opening cute and catchy. Something that will get stuck in your head *nods* But yeah, definitely Tsundere is the class rep *nods* I also agree with the vampire angle that they're doing, it's really cute and sometimes disturbing at points. Especially with how hard he's trying to keep the secret and yet he can't keep any other secret to save his life.

Emma Corrin 07-14-2015 01:56 AM

Agreed! He's literally a blab about everything but that - he doesn't overly come close either! It seems a little off and forced, but things will get interesting now that the reporter has that recorder of everything that transpired!! O.o Also I'm really surprised over the Class Rep discovery - I thought the screw was really weird, but never expected that plot! I can't tell if I like it yet or if I feel it's out of place lol Plus I really want to see the vampire daddy!! :3

Phoenix of the Immortal 07-14-2015 02:20 AM

I totally agree with you there. *nods* It was a little weird to see that he's been able to keep her secret and most likely will keep the Class Rep's secret as well *snickers* It's totally a hammer! but yeah, I'm quite curious as to what else will happen within the anime. Especially if that journalist girl is some sort of alien/mythical beast. (honestly think that goth girl is a werewolf or something. Wouldn't surprise me with all the chain links and the collar.)

Emma Corrin 07-14-2015 02:24 AM

Agreed!! I think so too - I hope they introduce the twists soon! Same with the goth girl and the guy - it'll be interesting the dynamic once everyone is there and involved! Definitely looking forward to it!! :D