Menewsha Avatar Community

Menewsha Avatar Community (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/index.php)
-   Comics, Manga, and Anime (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Hellsing Vs Twilight. Whaaaaaat? (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171522)

Faulkner 10-04-2010 03:32 AM

Hellsing Vs Twilight. Whaaaaaat?

I've noticed that even though they are not the same kind of writing people around my school have started a "Team Alucard" in response to team "Edward" I personally like Hellsing but have never thought of it as being comparable to Twilight just because it's a Manga and not a novel. So what do you think? Any one like Hellsing and anyone seen Alucard vs Edward? Or is this just happening at my school? I'm not a big twilight fan so naturally I find the little "Team Alucard" banners amusing but what do you think? Is manga in the same class as a regular novel when it comes to literature.

Discuss:

manga vs literature can the two be compared?

or

Hellsing vs Twilight (just for fun)

Dottie Mae Evans 10-04-2010 10:47 AM

Hellsing for the win! But with all seriousness, Hellsing has a better plot and story line. I rather watch a poorly made American remake of Hellsing than to watch another Twilight movie. Alcaurd is a real vampire. Shoot he can just break Edward's neck and he will be gone in a second. Alucard wouldn't even consider him good enough to digest.

Even though Seras may kind of look like Bella before becoming a vampire, but Seras has more common sense. Shoot, Seras wouldn't two time her boyfriend like that.

SPOILERX

Let's say another guy came around after Pip died, would you think Seras would go after him? I doubt it, she really loved Pip.

I rather go with Team Alucard. ;) I hadn't heard anyone mention Team Alucard till now. If you have graphics of that, I will so use it just for now. ;)

Oh yeah, Sir Integra could even defeat Edward. All she has to do is use her sword.

Sorry, I am just not a fan of Twilight. I didn't even need to read the book and I know how it ends. lol Again I apologize, I just don't get the main characters nor do I relate to them The only one that might have a tad bit of a chance in the Hellsing world is the wolf teenager from Twilight. He might last for one mission. :P

If Hellsing was a novel, it could be best selling for Adults. :D

"New York Times Best Seller, Hellsing: The Rise of the Millennium"

Edit: Hellsing isn't a novel yet, sorry for the teaser. :(

PrincessBane 10-04-2010 01:58 PM

This is what would happen if Alucard were to fight Edward. Alucard would rip him apart and eat him. Like he did with every other lowlife vampire punk.

Integra would blow his head off. xD Like she did to Schrodinger.

And finally, Seras would give him a good face grinding like she did to Zorin.

In the end, the puny creatures that dare to call themselves "vampires" would all annhiliated like the fodder that they are. =/ There is no comparison between them.

Faulkner 10-04-2010 05:45 PM

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/f...timate02-1.jpg

Example of Hellsing vs Twilight there are a bunch of them on google. It seems fans are pretty adamant about the subject.

----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizzyCollinsDeArc (Post 1768411539)
The only one that might have a tad bit of a chance in the Hellsing world is the wolf teenager from Twilight. He might last for one mission. :P
:(

I don't know the one werewolf that they had in hellsing was pretty badass and he lost to seras....

More anti twilight propoganda....

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...Fq06MNOhAT4Q4=

Terisa 10-05-2010 06:36 PM

"Personally... I did like the first book of Twilight but the fans got to eccentric over it so I lost interest in that all together. I do like Hellsing because it's a much better version of vampires than Twilight. (Sparkles?? COME ON PEOPLE!! ) But the whole Team Edward and Team Alucard is just to much for me... Sounds more like they need to go out and do stuff than watch either of them. Play DDR you lazy people!!!":headdesk:

Faulkner 10-05-2010 08:39 PM

I agree fans can be ridiculous.... but I must confess twi-bashing can be fun and the Team Alucard T-shirts are hilarious. I do think that there are fans on both sides who take it to the extreme. People should try not to take disagreements over taste in vampires so seriously. As I said in moderation and as a joke this sort of baiting can be fun for people mature enough not to get all bent out of shape when someone makes a butt of their favorite fictional vampire. I do not like Twilight personally but I love all parodies and I never take any of them seriously. Neither should anyone else.

oh and further more GO ALUCARD!!!! ;)

PrincessBane 10-05-2010 09:55 PM

Lol. c.c Twilight is just fail. I don't even know how they can begin to compare the two. I like the D vs Twilight pictures, though. Lol.

Terisa 10-05-2010 11:27 PM

"I'm surprised really that they compare Alucard vs Edward. The better vampires to compare is Alucard vs D from Vampire Hunter D. The first and second movie were awesome to watch!"

Faulkner 10-06-2010 12:24 AM

Yes I would think that would make more sense as they are from the same genre both being Anime/Manga but the majority of Hellsing comparisons on youtube and google seem to be Hellsing Vs Twilight of more specifically Edward Vs Alucard. It's astounding how vehement some of these fans are when it comes to their vampires.

LadyKnightSkye 10-06-2010 02:26 AM

Actually, I've noticed quite a lot of "Team _____" ideas thrown around since Twilight started the Team Eddie-Bear/Team Jacob crap.

Just to throw a wrench in here, I'm Team Optimus Prime myself. XD

Faulkner 10-06-2010 02:40 AM

Team Optimus Prime....That's priceless :D I still think all of this anti-Twilight team( What- the- F*@#- Ever) is amusing. As long as no one takes it seriously that is. Some of those fans are waaaaaaaayyyy to hateful.

Lilith W 10-06-2010 06:14 AM

I actually have a t-shirt that says Team Alucard.
Wore it to the Twilight movies. lol what fun.

anyways, I think Hellsing and the Team Alucard is a lot better.
Mainly because they do what any reasonable person would do. Hellsing kills (most) of the undead evil vampires. While Belle just worships, gets beat up by and because of, sucks face with, and has other horrible things by.

I mean really when you see a vampire that says "I will hurt you" you don't say "let's do it" you either run away or shoot them.
the end

IadulDraculai 10-06-2010 06:23 AM

I run around the house with a 'Team Alucard' t-shirt, but I don't wear it in public because I don't want to be associated with this twilight nonsense.
From what I gather on Deviantart and such, it's a huge 'well, Alucard would just own Edward so it's funny' sort of fandom.
The concept is vampire vs. vampire, like pitting Lestat against Dracula, or Edward vs. Vlad the Impaler (what I wouldn't give to see Edward fail that fight
Even so, I don't quite see Edward as a vampire, not in the traditional sense, like was originally presented in the Penny Dreadfuls, and eventually by Bram Stoker.

And morehttp://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h...mgirlycard.png fuel to the anti-twilight brigade:

----------

One more thing: I worked as a bouncer for a while, almost a year and a half, and the worst fight I had ever seen was between two twilight fans arguing 'Team Edward' or 'Team Jacob'.
Both girls were hospitalized, and one even had minor brain damage because of it, though I wonder if that was actually from reading the book and not from the fight.

PrincessBane 10-06-2010 04:02 PM

LOL. xD I love that picture. Alucard was so amazing in that part of the manga. <3 Twitards are funny. I do wish I had a pro-Hellsing shirt. I have so many peers who like Twilight, sadly.

On a side note, Lestat would beat Dracula or atleast survive because Lestat's like a cockroach, you smash him and he comes back just when you believe he's dead.

IadulDraculai 10-06-2010 08:51 PM

I don't know. Dracula is also Vlad Tepes, and we really haven't seen Lestat go up against a
Van Hellsing.
Plus, Rice seems to give vampires a few extra powers that Stoker didn't. I wish there was a place we could imput stats and variables to calculate these things! It's so interesting (lol, I'm a loser, I know).

And If I recall, stoker implied Dracula wasn't dead, but i'd have to find the documents for that.

Oooh, oh, who do you think would win? Alucard or Lestat?

Faulkner 10-07-2010 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IadulDraculai (Post 1768424934)
----------

[/COLOR]One more thing: I worked as a bouncer for a while, almost a year and a half, and the worst fight I had ever seen was between two twilight fans arguing 'Team Edward' or 'Team Jacob'.
Both girls were hospitalized, and one even had minor brain damage because of it, though I wonder if that was actually from reading the book and not from the fight.

That's nuts. Why in the blue hell would anyone pick a fight over "Team Edward" and "Team Jacob"? I've seen that in parodies and as a joke but I didn't know they were that messed up. Then again you're likely to sustain some type of brain related injury while reading Twilight....

@IadulDraculai

I don't know personally my money would be on Alucard just because he's Dracula but that would be much harder to determine than Alucard Vs Edward.
and indeed the Team Alucard thing seems to be more for kicks because it seems like such an obvious thing for him to win. I've yet to meet anyone on "Team Alucard" who's actually serious.

@ Lilith W

Yeahhhhh I find the Edward Bella relationship creepy. Edward watches her sleep, he says to her in the movie "I want to kill you" and "you're my personal brand of heroin. That doesn't strike me as romantic in the least. Just really creepy and Bella is so.....dumb, that's the only word for it. Dumb.

Lilith W 10-07-2010 02:50 PM

I completely agree.
The creepy stalker relationship they both show towards each other is beyond weird.

Dottie Mae Evans 10-07-2010 05:00 PM

Has anyone ever thought of D (of Vampire Hunter D) Vs. Twilight? lol

I mean shoot, Vampire Hunter D can easily defeat Team Edward and that other team. :P

Hm... I like being on Team Alucard though. :)

Faulkner 10-07-2010 05:05 PM

No but I've seen some vampire hunter D and Alucard jokes here and there. But mostly I'm finding Alucard vs Edward more than any other anime vampire twilight comparison just because fans find it funny that Alucard is such a guaranteed win. But I'm sure there's no question that D would own Edward.

Lilith W 10-07-2010 07:46 PM

shoot one of my other favorites is Team Edward Elric
He might not be a vampire but he is one awsome Edward.
And I bet anything Ed would still wipe the floor with that sparkeling Edward.

Faulkner 10-07-2010 09:10 PM

Edward vs Edward...ah that's clever. I love it.

Kriever 10-07-2010 11:11 PM

I'm a total fan for the Hellsing series, can't avoid loving those bloody episodes, and the humor they have.
Well, I just hate the Twilight series, the writer simply 'made' his/her own concept of the usual vampire. And it was a real fail, because all of us know that the normal vampire DOESN'T sparkle. Creative? No, it wasn't creative at all. The writer probably tough the character was a pearl, so it would sparkle if exposed to an intense light, and this light could surely be the sun. Feminine, isn't it? Yes. It ruins all the vampire mythology that has been developed so long ago. You can at LEAST hate the series, just for that. Of course, the book was an success, just because it is a romance, and many persons that would not even imagine forum sites, dicussions and ideas that you can find here just loved it, and, unhappily, reccomended to their friends, 'contaminating' even more our concept of vampire. Well, we, fans of blood, gore, sarcasm and a VERY nice manga - Hellsing - , can surely respect these twicrap series, but come on, maniac fangirls saying that jacob is hot and edward is handsome? No way! That's not acceptable.

((Ok, have I overreacted?))

Faulkner 10-08-2010 12:26 AM

Pfffffff let the fangirls drown in their own drool and kill each other over Eddy Weddy and Jacob. It makes for a good laugh later. Everyone's allowed their own likes and dislikes no matter how lame we think they are :P. The truth is that Hellsing is a vampire series and Twilight is a romance series that happens to feature vampires. If I want vampires I'll read the vampire series before the romance novels.

LadyKnightSkye 10-08-2010 02:09 AM

@ Faulkner: As a reader of paranormal romance, I'm forced to point out that Twilight isn't even GOOD para romance. It's gad-awful. The first book was okay, but after that it went downhill. Swiftly.

Faulkner 10-08-2010 02:31 AM

Yeah I mean what's that relationship based off of? She likes vampires and he thinks she smells like food. I'm sorry that's just a bit creepy although it's not as creepy as this bit from the movie.

Edward: I want to kill you

Mary su-Ahem- I mean Bella: I'm not afraid of you.

Stupid girl much? Not that Edwards much to be afraid of but come on if someone, especially a vampire, tells me that they want to kill me I'm not going to hop into bed with them. I'm going to run away and call the police and don't get me started on the whole Bella/ Edward/ Jacob mess. That was just painful