Menewsha Avatar Community

Menewsha Avatar Community (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/index.php)
-   [Private/1x1] Fan-Based (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=272)
-   -   They Wanted a SHIELD (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=205671)

Woofie267 10-01-2013 02:00 PM

They Wanted a SHIELD

Agent Alexis Sabatello signed off another transfer form and sighed, rubbing her temples briefly. There went another intern off to another department.

Not that she blamed the kid, really, sometimes their work sucked. Like today. Today was one of those days she wished she'd been assigned to some other team that didn't have Tony Stark flying around pulling publicity stunts simply because he could and being a cocky, flashy superhero.

One of these days she'd pin Coulson down and figure out how exactly he dealt with all the paperwork.

Pulling out her phone, she sent off a quick text to her friend and fellow agent.

I hope all is quieter on your front.

Mageling 10-01-2013 02:08 PM

Agent Autumn Lennox pulled out her phone even as she read over a file from the higher-ups. It was getting harder and harder to shepherd her minions around and still keep both the X-men and the government civil with one another. She snorted at the message on the screen.

I've suppressed the urge to shoot people four times already. Honestly, I could shoot Logan and I doubt he'd feel it, and it would make me feel worlds better.

Woofie267 10-01-2013 02:10 PM

At least you have that. I can't shoot Stark or I'd get in real trouble. Alexis made a face at the paperwork in front of her and signed the last bit of it with a flourish before going to check the schedule for the next week or so to see what she'd have to do.

Besides the normal Stark bullshit and pissing people off, anyway.

Mageling 10-01-2013 02:20 PM

I hate that I'm getting some transfers right now. It's hard enough keeping the X-men placated with the government trying to push the Registration Act through again. Autumn put the file in with the rest of them before leaning back with a sigh. Biweekly visit tomorrow, too, that's always fun with fresh minions.

Woofie267 10-01-2013 02:22 PM

Mine's not until next week. Alexis stretched and scanned the rest of the month's events. I need to talk to Coulson about getting another agent assigned to the Avengers, they're wearing me out. I can see why Agent Winters switched.

Mageling 10-01-2013 02:31 PM

I know how you feel. I know exactly why Agent Demers switched out, and it's named Logan. Autumn stood up and stretched a bit. It's quiet here right now, want to grab some coffee? I've got the place across the street trained just how I like them, now.

Woofie267 10-01-2013 02:33 PM

I'll meet you there in ten. Alexis finished updating her calendar, made a reminder for herself to talk to Coulson, and headed to the coffee shop. Although she was feeling tea today.

Mageling 10-01-2013 02:40 PM

Autumn put up her 'out of office' note and left, heading down to the coffee shop. It felt good to get out of headquarters for a little bit. She tugged at her pencil skirt a little, adjusting it some as she walked.

When she got to the coffee shop, she grabbed a table and ordered her coffee, settling in to wait for Alexis.

Woofie267 10-01-2013 02:42 PM

Alexis joined her and ordered her tea, sighing as she rolled her shoulders, cracking her neck a bit as she did.

"Yea, looks like your day has been about like mine," she said.

Mageling 10-01-2013 02:47 PM

"Looks like," Autumn said, nodding. She sighed. "You get that memo this morning about the new baby minions joining the pool? We all have to pick one of them to join our teams."

Woofie267 10-01-2013 02:50 PM

"Yeah, I saw that. I suspect half of them will drop out, but that's pretty normal." Alexis shrugged and took a sip of her tea when it arrived. "I've got active babysitting duty tomorrow, they're all supposed to have some sort of team bonding exercise."

Mageling 10-01-2013 02:54 PM

"I get to take my baby greenhorn with me to Xavier's," Autumn said. "Poor kid, I bet my other minions are taking bets on how long he'll last."

Woofie267 10-01-2013 02:56 PM

Alexis snorted. "Probably not too long," she said with a brief grin, taking her time enjoying her tea. "I just have to finish up the pile of paperwork for today and then I can go home."

Mageling 10-01-2013 03:04 PM

"I just finished mine, I didn't have much today," Autumn said. "Got a packet from on high, though. Registration Act again. This is going to make everyone titchy for months."

Woofie267 10-01-2013 05:44 PM

"Oh yikes," Alexis said feelingly. "I'm sorry. That just sucks majorly." Because while she didn't have to deal with it herself, Tony got actively involved, and she figured Bruce and Steve probably would too.

Mageling 10-01-2013 05:49 PM

"Charles is going to be on edge about it for a while," Autumn said. "Butting heads with Magneto, from what I heard about the last few RA attempts. And Titchy Charles is bad all around, because the others all look to him."

Woofie267 10-01-2013 05:50 PM

"I bet." Alexis grimaced. "I can spare interns if you need. I don't know if I can help out a lot but whatever you need that I can do, consider it done."

Mageling 10-01-2013 06:01 PM

"Let me see how this plays out, first," Autumn said. "You need all the interns you can get to keep up with Stark. I'll steal one or two from Maya or something, she doesn't need a lot of them to handle the Four. There's only so much PR and damage control that can be done when it comes to Johnny Storm, after all."

Woofie267 10-01-2013 06:03 PM

"No kidding. Although I do pity her sometimes." Alexis shrugged. "I think Frank might have a few hanging around too, somewhere. Most of the loners have been pretty quiet lately so he hasn't had much to do."

Mageling 10-01-2013 06:10 PM

"I feel bad for Carlos, though," Autumn said. "Poor guy got himself assigned to Deadpool duty."

Woofie267 10-01-2013 06:14 PM

"That is one of the worst jobs ever," Alexis agreed with a shudder. "Remember when Fury was using it as a threat?"

Mageling 10-01-2013 06:23 PM

"Oh I remember," Autumn replied. "I also remember making damn sure I didn't get assigned there."

Woofie267 10-01-2013 06:25 PM

"No kidding." Alexis looked down when her phone went off at her and she sighed. "Well, looks like I have to get back, I just got paged. I swear if it's Barton messing with me again..."

Mageling 10-01-2013 06:32 PM

"Good luck," Autumn said. "Let me know if you need extra hands."

Woofie267 10-01-2013 06:38 PM

Alexis got back to work, promptly headed over to Stark Tower, and was calling Autumn again twenty minutes later, still glowering at Clint. Since he'd seen fit to buzz her every twenty seconds until she got to the Tower.