Menewsha Avatar Community

Menewsha Avatar Community (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/index.php)
-   Comics, Manga, and Anime (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   You Hate 4-kids TV done to Anime? (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101255)

Micki Chiba 08-07-2008 02:45 AM

You Hate 4-kids TV done to Anime?

I noticed this alot in the new which I didn't noticed that 4-kids don't even allow Riceballs in thier cartoons,for example.:shock: I noticed some parodies that deal "what if" 4-kids get hold of certin anime like Powerpuff Girls Z, for an example.

Let's talk about 4-kids getting anime.:sweat:

RoxasSinClaire 08-07-2008 02:28 PM

4-kids really stinks, I believe they took over Tokyo mew mew (Anyways... whoever did) it's like a whole ENTIRELY different story, they just stole the art of TMM. Seriously and in the Japanese, most of their names were English names! Why change them?!

katyasha 08-07-2008 05:50 PM

I don't like 4kids doing all the dubbing at all they killed One Peice and who know what else they did

Sho-Shonojo 08-07-2008 06:31 PM

I haven't really watched anything edited by 4Kids. The last things I watched done by them was Pokemon and Yugioh. I was a lot younger then so I guess I didn't notice. I watched the riceball video. I can't believe they would do that. There was a video linked to that where they actually left the riceballs in and called them jelly donuts!

Shows that aren't geared toward a younger audience really shouldn't be made to fit in America. I'd only read the first volume of One Piece and I could tell it wasn't for young kids.

katyasha 08-07-2008 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sho-Shonojo (Post 3758313)
I haven't really watched anything edited by 4Kids. The last things I watched done by them was Pokemon and Yugioh. I was a lot younger then so I guess I didn't notice. I watched the riceball video. I can't believe they would do that. There was a video linked to that where they actually left the riceballs in and called them jelly donuts!

Shows that aren't geared toward a younger audience really shouldn't be made to fit in America. I'd only read the first volume of One Piece and I could tell it wasn't for young kids.

I agree, I'm glad they moved it to CN I wish it was on Adult Swim but it's on Toonami for now but the new eposide won't start for a while because they are still dubbing them

titaneatomoe 08-07-2008 07:31 PM

4 kids is the reason why i will always love subtitled animes more then dubed >.< they changed the storylines and even cut out something like two kids siting beside each other on the beach >.0 thats the stupiedest cut ever!!!

Micki Chiba 08-07-2008 09:27 PM

I know it's stupid how they would deny any culture in the dubbed ones. many people are upset about this. when you thier so-called website did you noticed they allow certin words like gaia?

Q U E E N ! E 08-07-2008 09:57 PM

Once I saw what they did with Tokyo Mew Mew, I decided to hate them till the ends of my days.
I wish VIZ would take their place.. they haven't done anything in a while, I think.

kawaiisora 08-08-2008 03:48 PM

4 Kids just destroys everything it touches ... I love One Piece and decided to give the dubbed version a try when it came out on TV and god was I horrible >.<

I'm not even going to get started on it all ... but there is a great comic on the vgcats website that shows you just what 4 kids does to anime *lol* I think it's called Lost in Translation >.>

Rmarques 08-08-2008 04:23 PM

Oh for the love of... People, 4Kids is no longer licensing anime, they're just finishing Yu-Gi-Oh and some other lame-ass card game anime, that nobody really gives a crap about. Stop complaining, and go buy the uncut One Piece DVDs by Funimation.

For Pete's sake.

Claudia 08-08-2008 04:27 PM

I dunno..but I thought turning a cigarette into a lollipop was hilarious.

kawaiisora 08-08-2008 04:43 PM

I realize that they are not working on that particular anime anymore ... I just read this and felt the need to rant a little ^^;;

And I do get my anime uncut, thank you very much.

titaneatomoe 08-08-2008 05:56 PM

Hmm I thinks it's fine that people rant and rave about things they think is unfare....kinda wierd to have someone pop in to it at random to rant and rave at the others ...most "uncut" dvd's Are still uncut to a degre. Some are missing whole eps. kinda funny but it's true!!

Cemetery 08-10-2008 01:19 AM

Me no likey 4kids! D: They ruined all my favriote anime series in one shot!

amyrex2 08-10-2008 01:36 AM

I had to give up on saturday morning anime after cardcaptors...

bearysplash 08-10-2008 02:57 AM

i hate 4Kids.
honestly i don't know who likes it haha
I hated it when my sister would watch Tokyo Mew Mew.

Bunai 08-10-2008 03:29 AM

why not put some blame on Toei?

Micki Chiba 08-10-2008 03:58 AM

That's ture. the power ranger was good at the beginning until it got really lame. Did you know at Toei was gonna have a live action verison of Salior Moon here in America until Toei desided it was a failure.

Bunai 08-16-2008 04:14 PM

knowing tokyo pop or viz. they probably would have grabbed the Live Action Sailor Moon. the BSSM one. although people would object to an American / Canadian Sailor Moon, you do have the Power Rangers formula to back it up. kids like heros, its a strong selling point.

but over the years, Toei has gotten really... greedy, and i dont mean whining about how i cant enjoy something because it cost too much and evil people want my money. i am talking greedy as in asking for more than what its worth, setting expectations so high on their licensor, and refusing to release shows when someone is willing to pay for it.

they have been making some bad deals.
i remember ADV paying a pretty big chunk of cash, to get the original first and second season of Sailor Moon. and Toei gyps them by giving them bad audio, and at time, low animation quality. ADV pretty much did everything to boost the quality on the DVD up.

well, to stay on topic.
i dont hate 4Kids but they do need to work better with imported animation, they do just fine with their own. they dont have many anime shows under their belt to begin with. they just had popular ones.

one thing i can like them for is recognizing Shoujo/Girl shows.instead of doing with other networks do and completely ignoring their female demographic.

Magical DoReMi was - surprisingly - well dubbed, cute, and funny. if you disregard the cutting for time and food changes. its disappointing that they let it go to web only.
i grabbed a wand and a music locket at Toys R Us.

Mew Mew Power was a hit or miss, they often changed episode order, and again, cut for time. or made changes that didnt need to be made. (they try TOO HARD to domesticate things)

they just need to relax, they dont have to stick to the exact dialog of the original, but they should keep the story and pace intact.

Cherry_Doll 08-17-2008 10:47 AM

I don't like 4kids.

They ruined a lot of good animes and turned them into CRAP!

>.< It murders me a little inside...

MiroshaxKerry 08-27-2008 10:40 PM

I dislike them strongly...... thanx to them people always download and never buy the DVD's because they think all company's chop up all anime. x-x

They should of made a better job..... i would understand them cutting some stuff out if within reason... but they go over the top..

*edit* i dislike any anime really been butchered up.... i dont watch anime on tv anymore... eithier watch it online or buys DVD's.

d2hiriyuu 08-28-2008 05:07 PM

No one really lieks 4-kids, though I must admit, they at least are streaming anime, enough so people know it exists, into the kids. But yes, they ruin it all terribly.

LoveIsOrange 08-31-2008 06:24 PM

I don't enjoy how they edit out all of the story and plot out of the anime. They leave out certain parts of the plot so they won't piss off people, but it ruins the anime. Ah well, I guess that's what subtitled anime is for.

Adrastia 09-02-2008 11:45 AM

They basically take anime and regardless of original intent turn it into something suitable for 4 and up.

Alot of these shows already had a fanbase before they were dubbed. They would have done better just to leave them alone. Stupid cesoring and moronic changes.

I had never seen the original Mew Mew. But I watched some Mew Mew Power and found it annoying.

And I like dubs. I like things in my own language. But if they can't get it right... That ruins it for me.

katyasha 09-02-2008 10:13 PM

4 kids did a bad job of dubbing anime I mean take a look at One Peice they did a bad job on it thank god Fundmation had picked up the series and is planning to fix the episode that got messed up badly.