Menewsha Avatar Community

Menewsha Avatar Community (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/index.php)
-   Books (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   What death in the Harry Potter series got to you the most? *SPOILERS* (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186675)

xXMCRAngel2107Xx 07-24-2011 01:41 AM

What death in the Harry Potter series got to you the most? *SPOILERS*

For me it would be Dobby, Hedwig, Fred, Lupin, and Tonks.

LilyRose 07-24-2011 07:14 PM

Dobby's death made me cry :( . Both in the book and in the movie I was like "No, Dobby, don't die, don't die Dobby I love YOUU!! BAWAAAAAHH ROWLING! WHY YOU HAVE TO MAKE DOBBY DIE??!!"

darkmystery11234 07-24-2011 09:44 PM

fred, hedwig and dobby :'(

-The Half-Blood Princess- 07-25-2011 01:37 AM

Severus, definitely. As I'm sure everyone has already guessed, he was my favorite character - probably out of anything I've read, not just the HP series. I don't know quite how to explain it, but I've felt as though I had some sort of... connection, I suppose, to his character, even though he was fictional.

I was sad that several of the other characters ended up dying as well, but Severus's death and the entire story of his life was really the only one that I spent a lot of time thinking about afterward.

I really kind of feel like a horrible person for this, but I didn't actually cry at any of the deaths in the movie, even though I kind of wanted myself to. The book, at least, was another story.

Evicted Element 07-25-2011 05:09 AM

Fred Weasley, Hedwig, Dobby, Albus Dumbledore, Severus Snape, Andromeda Tonks, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black. Where does the list end? Right there, with Sirius Black. The moment he died you knew everything was going downhill; that everything beyond that point would riddle Harry with pain and suffering, and you'd just have to keep reading because it wouldn't stop until the last page. T_T

luvlolli 07-25-2011 05:34 AM

Okay so people will probably not be happy with this but i'm putting Bellatrix LeStrange, hedwig, and dobbie. I was in tears when dobbie died. ): So the reason Bellatrix is on here is because i was extremly happy when she did and was laughing my but off.. well in my head at least because if i did that in the theater more people would be mad at me.. o.o

Aerinn 07-25-2011 10:36 PM

I agree with Evicted's list. I cried when each of those characters died. :cry:

Ling 07-26-2011 12:41 PM

I think Sirius Black and Severus Snape both shocked me.

Also Dobby's death, but only because it was portrayed so much more dramatically than I think necessary.

Codette 07-27-2011 03:47 PM

I never read the last book, and I just saw the final movie last night! oh man, I was in tears!

Fred Weasley, Severus Snape, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black. Were definitely the ones that had me crying... actually to be honest, I cried a little when Cedric Diggory died...

SirGollyGumDrop 07-27-2011 10:47 PM

I wasn't use to all the death in the series when Cedric died, so I was probably most shocked by that.
The ones I was most upset about were Snape and Dumbledore. I loved them so much, especially in the movie series. Alan Rickman became my favorite actor for his part as Snape <3

lightkanna 07-28-2011 10:12 AM

Dobby death made me shed a tear, Cedric death made me go "WHYYYYYYYYYY!" and Dumbledore didn't make me cry, it just made me realize that obviously someone stronger had to come up. .-. Plus my friend spoiled for me.

xXMCRAngel2107Xx 07-28-2011 04:22 PM

Well I read the book... so I knew that Snape kills Dumbledore.

Elluh 07-30-2011 09:17 PM

...> . > No one misses Lavender? Ah, well..I was shocked when Fenrir
was chompin on her.

Bearzy 07-30-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -The Half-Blood Princess- (Post 1769634673)
Severus, definitely. As I'm sure everyone has already guessed, he was my favorite character - probably out of anything I've read, not just the HP series. I don't know quite how to explain it, but I've felt as though I had some sort of... connection, I suppose, to his character, even though he was fictional.

I was sad that several of the other characters ended up dying as well, but Severus's death and the entire story of his life was really the only one that I spent a lot of time thinking about afterward.

Not just me then? Awesome! I only cried for him during the movie. He was just so damaged, and without his love for Lily... well none of the story would have been able to take place. Not good.

But I was sad about Fred, especially in the book. But at least he went out the way he would have wanted, laughing.

Eloise Moonbright 07-31-2011 06:38 AM

I cried over Snape, Sirius and Hedwig. I felt awful for Fred, Lupin and Tonks, but was apathetic over everyone else. Except for Dobby. I always thought he was kind of annoying, and was really surprised when I went online after reading it and found out everyone was so upset for him.

But Snape. I could barely finish the last few chapters because I was bawling so much. Didn't help that I predicted the Lily romance after book five, so I was upset over his unrequited love angst as well.

Ramoguy22 08-04-2011 04:30 AM

Hedwig.

Kill everyone. I can get over it.
Dobby, you are in a better place.
Snape, your heartbreak is over, it is time for you to meet your maker man...Peace to you..
Hedwig....YOU WERE JUST AN ANIMAL GOSHDARNIT..JUST AN ANIMAL...No Mercy for anyone?!
That when I knew for sure that all my favorite character were gonna die, when Rowling was going to go slasher...

Bom 08-05-2011 08:59 PM

Hedwig, Bellatrix, Severus, Dobby, and Fred

Hedwig was just an owl.. who was trying to defend her master.
WHY DO YOU SHOOT DOWN THE BIRD. SHE WAS INNOCENT.
SHE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS WIZARD WAR.
It's just wrong.

I love Bellatrix. She is crazy, annoying, evil, and bitchy. (Plus it's Helena.. COME ON <3)
I found her death a bit lame. I mean it was awesome that Mama Weasley was all NOT MY DAUGHTER BITCH but Bellatrix just withered and blew up. Besides loving her.. her death could have been more classy for she screwed up many of the characters' lives.

I never really liked Severus much until the end (and that's what Rowling probably wanted) but he suffered a violent death.
He wasn't wiped out cleanly no, he had a violent bloody and grand death. Though it was irking I liked how he died. Loyal to the end.

Fred was just awesome. You don't fuck with the Weasleys. EVER. It was sad to see him go, leaving his TWIN behind, as well as his family.

Dobby was a sweet little elf. He died loyal and at the end of the movie which obviously leaves an impact to us viewers.

rain drops 08-05-2011 11:37 PM

When Sirius Black died, I knew the series was going downhill, yet I kept reading the series and watching the movies. The books and movies were okay after that, but I didn't enjoy them as much after he died.

WeBuiltThePyramids 08-13-2011 07:12 AM

Severus or Dumbledore it's a tie but for very different reasons then most. See I was just waiting for Snape to be shown as a mysterious, anti social, tough love, hero through the whole series and then what does he do. He kills Dumbledore. I cried so hard and swore not to read the last book. i caved after my sister informed me he really was a good guy. She didn't mentioned that he died though, so that was more time spent crying over him.

I was a little happy when Dobby died. See when I read the 2nd book he scared me. Like nightmares scared me. I had a really over active imagination. So my inner child was relieved when he died. Sorry but had I walked into my room and saw him on my bed he would have went right out the window.

pipmyrod 08-14-2011 07:05 AM

fred. his death definitely got me the most. i couldn't stop imagining how george must've felt.

i'm pretty sure his is the only one that made me cry while i read the books.

~{MagikRiter}~ 08-17-2011 04:07 AM

First off...I would like to say that it's highly unusual for me to cry during movies.
I'm not a huge, huge Harry Potter fan, but I'm still a fan.
The death that got me the most was...Snape's death.
I cried hard until the ending of his memory in the pensieve (I'm aware I might have spelled that wrong).
I mean, with Serius' death, I was saddened.
With Hedwig's death, I was highly saddened.
With Dobby's death, I just reminded myself that he died in the arms of his best friend -- he was loved.
But Snape was so misunderstood and he was really a good guy.
He died before anyone but Dumbledore knew. :cry:

xXMCRAngel2107Xx 08-17-2011 07:08 PM

Readers knew, however even after everything... i disliked snape.

Bearzy 08-18-2011 12:32 AM

This is true, readers knew about Snape's unrequited love as of.. I actually can't remember which book. Order of the Phoenix probably.

NicoleJin 08-19-2011 04:39 PM

My imagination ended up making lupin into a really believable characters and twisted it some into someone i starting liking so his death really got to me and made me almost unable to finish the book ><

Rukia Kuchiki- 08-25-2011 04:09 PM

Dobby's death--hands down--was the hardest I've ever cried while reading a book. He was one of my all time favorite characters and his death made me want to dive into the book to the seen in which Bellatrix threw the knife and stab her to death. Fred's death is a near tie, because I was sobbing quite a bit. In general...there was a lot of crying with this book!