Menewsha Avatar Community

Menewsha Avatar Community (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/index.php)
-   Comics, Manga, and Anime (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   What Anime are you watching now? (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=176351)

Phoenix of the Immortal 05-13-2016 08:45 PM

very good animes *nods* the only problem I had with Gungrave was the fact that you never know when this is all going on during the story point. Like a month between eps, years, etc.

onsenmark 05-15-2016 04:39 AM

Macross Delta.

'nuff said.

(although, I still need to finish Ore Monogatari!!!...)

Phoenix of the Immortal 05-15-2016 04:43 AM

never could get into Macross tbh...

Emma Corrin 05-16-2016 03:55 AM

I got sidetracked and started watching Yosuga no Sora - totally different than I was expecting, but pretty good none the less. I'm very confused right now though - apparently it's retelling the same story multiple ways or something? It just told a story in 4 episodes and then said Fin and then I just started episode 5 and it backtracked in time to I think like episode 2 and it's starting over again but events aren't the same! It's so weird but I'm even more intrigued lol

Phoenix of the Immortal 05-16-2016 04:07 AM

weird.

Emma Corrin 05-16-2016 04:23 AM

Very - and the way events are playing out it's kind of similar but who he ends up dating is different and what kind of back story comes out is different - it's very strange to watch and understand!

Phoenix of the Immortal 05-16-2016 04:33 AM

I see. I think I'll stay away from that anime. Re: Zero is something similar to that, but at least each "death" makes it look different instead of returning it and making the same story over and over again.

Emma Corrin 05-16-2016 05:34 AM

Apparently it was just the first two stories that did that because it revolved around sisters - the third story started back further and I think it's pair is going to start at the same place - in a gag reel at the end of the show it made a comment about how a scene wasn't in a game so I'm starting to think this is based on one of those dating Sim games popular in Japan - and every story ends in sex so I'm thinking that's why. It's so weird but the original story was good and then they just end it with sex and I'm just left thinking "what...?" - if I hadn't already started it I probably wouldn't watch it personally - it's totally not how Crunchyroll advertised it - they may want to consider changing their bio page lol I'm curious how the actual plot ends though because every story changes big parts in order to keep with the new girlfriend plot and so back stories are changing and at first I was trying to figure out what was real and what was exaggerated, then I was trying to figure out who's point of view it was from and if this was all happening at the same time - but after the game comment I'm thinking this is how things could have turned out in the game based on the decisions you made and who you went after for a partner. It's totally confusing and weird though but I'm like 6 episodes in so seems silly not to try and figure out how it ends since I'm already halfway through it now because I was trying to figure out what was happening lol!

Phoenix of the Immortal 05-16-2016 09:48 AM

alright.

Emma Corrin 05-16-2016 05:03 PM

Whelp - it never went back to the original story lol Well it did but it also didn't. It went from one story to the next - 4 main stories and 1 gag story - and basically it reset itself every time a new story started and different choices were made which ended up with the result you got versus the other result for the story it paired with - it was weird. Definitely wouldn't overly recommend it unless you're into the PC Sim games though - it was very weird - especially when you're not expecting the content! And the grandparents were totally not even alive so Crunchyroll's bio page is 100% misleading lol

Phoenix of the Immortal 05-17-2016 02:15 AM

lol wow.

Emma Corrin 05-17-2016 02:21 AM

It was bad lol

Watching Rokka: Braves of the 6 Flowers now! :3

Phoenix of the Immortal 05-17-2016 02:57 AM

you will enjoy that. i'm not going to spoil it for you though. and Adlet is awesome. *nods*

Emma Corrin 05-17-2016 02:03 PM

I'm already hooked but I fell asleep last night after 2 episodes lol! Definitely excited to meet the other braves - I'm loving Adlet and the Princess so far! <3
I have a launch event tomorrow afternoon for Origami Owl so I don't know if I'll get much watched tonight, but I think after the event tomorrow I'll marathon it :3

Phoenix of the Immortal 05-17-2016 08:43 PM

Nice to hear. Also...

Flamie is mine. You can't has her.

Emma Corrin 05-17-2016 10:44 PM

Haha! We shall see!! [twisted]

Phoenix of the Immortal 05-17-2016 10:52 PM

I will admit that it sucked watching it as it came out because of the cliffhangers OF DOOM!

Emma Corrin 05-17-2016 11:18 PM

Oh I bet - it was probably like how Yona of the Dawn was for me! I added this to my list when it aired but I had so many going that it got side-panneled lol I'm kinda wishing I hadn't waited but I'm also glad I did so I don't have to deal with cliffhangers lol!

Chikyu 05-17-2016 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emma Corrin (Post 1773651596)
Oh I bet - it was probably like how Yona of the Dawn was for me! I added this to my list when it aired but I had so many going that it got side-panneled lol I'm kinda wishing I hadn't waited but I'm also glad I did so I don't have to deal with cliffhangers lol!

I loved Yona of the Dawn so much! I was keeping up with the manga, but also got side-tracked TuT

I'm currently watching Saiunkoku Monogatari, really loving it! Starting season 3 [heart]

Phoenix of the Immortal 05-18-2016 12:07 AM

I'm currently on episode 21 of the anime, Akatsuki no Yona and I love Jaeha the Green Dragon...

Chikyu 05-18-2016 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix of the Immortal (Post 1773651625)
I'm currently on episode 21 of the anime, Akatsuki no Yona and I love Jaeha the Green Dragon...

I love Shin-ah and I also like Jae-Ha and Kija makes me laugh bc he is so pathetic xD But in a good way lol

What I really love about yona of the Dawn is Yona's caracter development. She isn't whiny or too helpless. I LOVE when her eyes glow from anger and she is cute but also becoming deadly with that bow and arrow [heart]
plus I lover her design with the short hair

Phoenix of the Immortal 05-18-2016 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chikyu (Post 1773651630)
I love Shin-ah and I also like Jae-Ha and Kija makes me laugh bc he is so pathetic xD But in a good way lol

What I really love about yona of the Dawn is Yona's caracter development. She isn't whiny or too helpless. I LOVE when her eyes glow from anger and she is cute but also becoming deadly with that bow and arrow [heart]
plus I lover her design with the short hair

Yona is definitely a great character and I love how she's developed as a character but honestly I liked her with her long hair. Just like how I liked Shirayuki's long locks of hair instead of her hair being short (from Akegami no Shirayuki-hime (Snow White with Red Hair iirc))

And personally I love Hak, because he can be so serious one moment, lovey-dovey the next and then complete badass all in one episode.

Chikyu 05-18-2016 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix of the Immortal (Post 1773651659)
Yona is definitely a great character and I love how she's developed as a character but honestly I liked her with her long hair. Just like how I liked Shirayuki's long locks of hair instead of her hair being short (from Akegami no Shirayuki-hime (Snow White with Red Hair iirc))

And personally I love Hak, because he can be so serious one moment, lovey-dovey the next and then complete badass all in one episode.

I was gonna watch that!

Yoo Hak is great! I love when he gets all murderous and he cares so much for Yona TuT

Emma Corrin 05-18-2016 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chikyu (Post 1773651600)
I loved Yona of the Dawn so much! I was keeping up with the manga, but also got side-tracked TuT

I'm currently watching Saiunkoku Monogatari, really loving it! Starting season 3 [heart]

Ahhh! I haven't read the manga yet! When it goes to anime I read the manga after if I haven't already started it usually - Yamada & the 7 witches was an exception though - sooooo gooodddd - Crunchy had the manga and I couldn't control myself - it sucks that it's simul-pub though only because I have to play the waiting game!!! It totally has enough content for a second season though - I hope it comes soon! With the same opening song.... because I'm obsessed with it.... like no joke lol

That's on my list too! Looked really good!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix of the Immortal (Post 1773651625)

Aww you're almost done!! Don't forget the special episode!! <3

I love all of the dragons but I think it love the blue dragon best - he's just so innocent and adorable yet super bad ass while being compassionate at the same time - and is back story! Ugh. I can't <3

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix of the Immortal (Post 1773651659)

I love Yona's development too! She started off so naive and weak I'm like wtf - but then she became rebellious at times and strong - I cried during the escape scene at the very beginning - that poor boy didn't have to die!! [gonk][cry] I get it had to happen so they could travel alone though - it helped it move faster - but still lol

Hak is my favorite character out of everyone though - and I love his grandfather! He's so bad ass he doesn't even have to resort to violence immediately - he just has to make some remarks and comments and he shuts people down lol he's strong without having to be violent!

And I love Hak's jealousy over Yona and the dragons, especially with Mr. I'm a lecherous pirate but really I have a heart of gold and I'm not as cold hearted and jerk-ish like I pretend to be lol

Phoenix of the Immortal 05-18-2016 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emma Corrin (Post 1773651721)

Aww you're almost done!! Don't forget the special episode!! <3

I love all of the dragons but I think it love the blue dragon best - he's just so innocent and adorable yet super bad ass while being compassionate at the same time - and is back story! Ugh. I can't <3

I love Yona's development too! She started off so naive and weak I'm like wtf - but then she became rebellious at times and strong - I cried during the escape scene at the very beginning - that poor boy didn't have to die!! [gonk][cry] I get it had to happen so they could travel alone though - it helped it move faster - but still lol

Hak is my favorite character out of everyone though - and I love his grandfather! He's so bad ass he doesn't even have to resort to violence immediately - he just has to make some remarks and comments and he shuts people down lol he's strong without having to be violent!

And I love Hak's jealousy over Yona and the dragons, especially with Mr. I'm a lecherous pirate but really I have a heart of gold and I'm not as cold hearted and jerk-ish like I pretend to be lol

I totally agree with you and I haven't forgotten about the special episode. I actually liked the "Pretend-War" episode as well. But yeah, I love how Jaeha is all "Curse this Dragon Blood" but at the same time has feelings for Yona since he isn't his usual charm-like self.