Menewsha Avatar Community

Menewsha Avatar Community (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/index.php)
-   Books (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   Shadami's Book shelf is always overflowing. Come in and chat. (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218198)

Shadami 04-14-2016 03:03 PM

Shadami's Book shelf is always overflowing. Come in and chat.

Pull up a beanbag chair, a couch cushion, or just lay on the floor with your feet up on the wall. Whatever you find comfortable. I myself tend to move around while i read, finding a new comfy position that gets me the best light for whatever time of day it is. (and i hardly notice that I've moved)
My favorite position is with my feet in the air. Which is silly i know, but its super comfy.

So I'm going to reserve just a couple of posts here in a minute. But than anyone and everyone is free to chat. The more the merrier.

I've had a goal to read 1000 books. Which honestly. I'm starting to think i've already done :P so let's see if i can read 1000 more!

Shadami 04-14-2016 03:03 PM

Reserved for childrens books.

Shadami 04-14-2016 03:04 PM

Reserved for "young adult" books

Shadami 04-14-2016 03:04 PM

Reserved for books in general

Books I've read in the past, some I've even read multiple times. Others I read once, but I can look at the cover and remember the story cause they were good.
Harry Potter Series - Read all 7 main story
Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them - Thoroughly enjoyed this. Ron and Harry's notes were hilarious.
Quidditch through the ages - don't write in library books Ron!
Protector of the Small Series - Page was my first Tamora Pierce book, I loved it so much i put down the series and read all of the rest of her books that came before it.
Immortals (wild magic) Series - Daine has got to be my favorite heroine from the original 3 Tortall series.
The Lioness quartet - Love Alanna, love George, love the series. Makes me dream of being a warrior!
Circle of Magic - I used the nickname Tris for a long time because of this series.
The Circle Opens - Was super excited to read this series cause it was more about my favorite 4!
Trickster Series - Has to be one of my favorite series by Tamora Pierce. I LOVE Aly! and Kyprioth is so cool!
Will of the Empress - Huge surprise about Daja in this one i didn't expect. But loved regardless. <3
Melting Stones - More about Evy was really awesome. i have this one on CD as well which is the first time I've ever bought a read it to me book.
Beka Cooper Series- This is my favorite of the series, even beating out Aly. I loved it so much. I want to read it again and again.
The Art of Deception - Ridley Pearson - another that i reviewed on tumblr. I remember it being fascinating and exciting.
Electric Blue by Nancy Bush - Was an intriguing mystery book that had a romantic interest flare.
The Killing Club by Marcie Walsh and Michael Malone - I sat down in the library one day and read this front to back. It was really good, and really cliff hanger-y.

Shadami 04-14-2016 03:05 PM

Reserved for those other reading materials

The Garden party - by Katherine Manfield - Short story I 'reviewed' on tumblr.
Elder Brother - Tamora Pierce : a short story that makes me really wish there could be a novel about the character. It was really good.
Huntress- Tamora Pierce : i actually remember being confused by this one at first. And i'd like to go back and re read it and see if it makes sense. (short story)

Shadami 04-14-2016 03:05 PM

Reserved for suggestions for myself. Things people think I will like based on past books read. :3

and please feel free to post while I decorate^^

Battle Magic - Tamora Pierce. I haven't read it yet. and its driving me nuts that i haven't!!!

Terry Pratchett -*Wee Free Men
*Hat Full of Sky
*The Wintersmith
*I Shall Wear Midnight
(suggestion by Woodlandnymph:)

LOTR series, Hobbit first (suggested by The Wandering Poet: )

Bearzy 04-15-2016 12:50 PM

I like how much you like Tamora Pierce! She's one of my absolute favourites! Have you ever read anything by Robin Hobb?

Shadami 04-15-2016 01:07 PM

You know... I'm not sure that I have, but the name sounds very familiar. What's .. he? write?

I met Tamora Pierce too and was to star struck to talk to her while my mom just sat and chatted with her for about 30 minutes at a book signing. She's so nice and friendly!

Woodlandnymph 04-16-2016 05:36 AM

Lord of the Rings! Yes! Childhood and adulthood favorite of mine.

Shadami 04-16-2016 11:03 AM

xD I am definitely going to have to read LOTR than. My brother has this big book that has all three of them in it. And I think he left it home when he went on vacation for the rest of this month. SO i can swipe it. :D

On a side note, I was starting to read 491 or something like that but I had to pack it up cause everything of mine is going in boxes right now.