Menewsha Avatar Community

Menewsha Avatar Community (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/index.php)
-   Announcements (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   [News] Awesome new plan to help out new users! (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194180)

Thrifty 02-08-2012 10:33 PM

Awesome new plan to help out new users!

Hey!! I've got something super exciting to tell you all about! Because it's turned out to be not at all ideal to have a thrift shop in the market place for the new users, we had a rethink. We'd pondered, and users had suggested; moving some items into a special gold store, a small range of basics at real low prices. But Ferra: had a much better idea!

YOU are going to provide the new guys with clothes!

Are you all thinking "huh, wasn't that what the thrift shop was :?" Well yes, but this is entirely different! You guys are going to pixel items for the newbie store. How about that?! This is the opportunity for those of you with a bit of skill to provide a really hands-on bit of help for the new users.

You can use this thread for advice and help, we'll be here to coach you along the way, and if your item finishes up good enough, it will become available for everyone to buy! How awesome is that? I think it's going to be amazing, and I hope you're all as excited about it as I am!

So, now start asking your questions!! I'll stick a post after this one for answering them ; D

Thrifty 02-08-2012 10:33 PM

Questions!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keyori (Post 1770448482)
What kind of guidelines apply to the items? Such as, is there a limit to how many colors an item has? Is there a preferred shading method? Is there a color palette artists should stick to?

5-6 shades of each colour. Your shading needs to look right with our existing items :yes:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nephila (Post 1770448542)
What sort of things are you looking for in the way of starter clothes? What comes to my mind right away are T-shirts and pants/skirt set. But those are already covered really well by the Studio 54 items.

Basic simple items, as these items will have a low price. As stock builds in the store other items can be made to compliment them, so it's easier for a new user to clothe themselves fully with minimal gold.

jellysundae 02-08-2012 10:34 PM

@allonline;

Thrifty's got something to tell you all, best pay attention!

Keyori 02-08-2012 10:35 PM

Holy poop this is an awesome idea!

What kind of guidelines apply to the items? Such as, is there a limit to how many colors an item has? Is there a preferred shading method? Is there a color palette artists should stick to?

sailor star rainbow 02-08-2012 10:42 PM

Sounds like a wonderful idea to bad I don't know how. to make things with digital any thing but I'll be glad to donate something to a new user.

The Kit-Kat Project 02-08-2012 11:03 PM

wow, this sounds awful nifty. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

Nephila 02-08-2012 11:04 PM

This is exciting. It's been a while since Mene has had a pixel "contest"

What sort of things are you looking for in the way of starter clothes? What comes to my mind right away are T-shirts and pants/skirt set. But those are already covered really well by the Studio 54 items.

*ponders*

hmmm..I think a box or barrel would be funny though. XD

jellysundae 02-08-2012 11:13 PM

Really anything goes, but it does want to be fairly basic as the items will be cheap. As stock gradually builds people can get inspiration from what's already available, for new stock :yes:

Ferra 02-08-2012 11:44 PM

This is just my personal opinion, but I'm hoping the first round at least focuses more on providing clothes rather than accessories or items. :) Also, I'm hoping the boys get plenty of options too!

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa 02-08-2012 11:59 PM

Can't wait to see some nifty new things from the userbase! :eager:

Keyori 02-09-2012 12:03 AM

WAIT I HAVE SOMETHING FOR THIS

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...mehpresent.png

:ninja:

The rainbow one needs updating though. Hrm.

Cora 02-09-2012 12:11 AM

keyori's pooop! I remember that !

Also KEYKEY!

I haven't talked to you in AGES>

jellysundae 02-09-2012 12:12 AM

Hahaha, don't think so, Keyori :P

Cora 02-09-2012 12:16 AM

It is rather amusing though xP

Keyori 02-09-2012 12:17 AM

IT'S NOT MY POOP.

It's Yumeh's. I just captured it with pixels. ;D

HI CORA.

I figured it would get denied. I'm only really happy with the traditional one anyway.

OH ANOTHER QUESTION. Would re-colors of existing items be acceptable entries? Like, if something super-fancy got plain-ified.

Example:
http://www.menewsha.com/images/items...a9d1ee473a.gifhttp://www.menewsha.com/images/items...017e58fd30.gif
Would it be okay to remove the pattern to make them more plain, and then submit multiple colors?

jellysundae 02-09-2012 12:19 AM

Nope, got to be stuff created by the users, not edits of existing items :)

Keyori 02-09-2012 12:20 AM

I figured as much. Thanks for answering!

Cora 02-09-2012 12:23 AM

Cora wishes she could join this, but....she really sucks at pixel she won't even show you her last attempt lols.

Nephila 02-09-2012 12:24 AM

So do I but I'm still gonna try XD If even for the lulz

Aoiome Sanshi 02-09-2012 12:52 AM

Oh, this sounds like a great idea! Too bad I don't really do pixels XD
I hope to see everyone's submissions thou! ^^

Siri 02-09-2012 01:24 AM

Oh, I can't really pixel either, but I made a little something for fun a few days ago. I thought I would post it here because it seems like something I would want to see in a 'cheap' newbie thrift store. It was inspired by an outfit from Forever 21. :)

http://i.imgur.com/eCgIZ.png

hummy 02-09-2012 03:35 AM

since i has no artistic talents what-so-ever,
i will continue to just give items to new users as i have been.
i do hope the donated items went to new users.
and if you did buy something by mistake,
i hope you pass it or something equal to it on to a new user.

good luck to all of the talented artists here on menewsha!

StrangeMwarn 02-09-2012 04:58 AM

I tried....but it was so worthless i deleted on the spot, because I didn't want look at it anymore lol.

xuvrette 02-09-2012 05:22 AM

Now this is a good merge for different type of needs and demands.
I am a detail freak, don't think standard/simple/ordinary/normal would be my style. T__T

Ferra 02-09-2012 05:26 AM

@xuvrette: Well variety of options isn't a bad thing. Again, this is just my personal opinion, but I think there are plenty of users that would like some interesting clothing options to start off with. I don't think the clothes necessarily have to be stuff you'd see in a real life shop. :)

Case in point: I wouldn't wear something like my current avatar IRL, but I love wearing fantasy stuff. If I had some fantasy items to buy for cheap when I first joined Mene, that would have made me really happy. Instead I didn't have pants for several months because I saved up for a nicer outfit. :lol: