Menewsha Avatar Community

Menewsha Avatar Community (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hangouts Archive (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=303)
-   -   ♥RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS♥ (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203403)

Amane 09-20-2013 09:47 PM

I really don't know. The weird video? Catchy song? I legitimately have no idea how that song got so popular. XD
Oppan Gangnam Style, by the way. There's an N.
"Oppa" is an honorific used by girls when addressing boys who are older than them. A lot of times you see it used when a girl is talking to her boyfriend, but it's usable with any older boy. Literally translated, it's "older brother." The other ones are "unnie" (girl --> older girl), "noona" (boy --> older girl), and "hyung" (boy --> older boy). And then there are other ones for parents, grandparents, teachers, seniors, etc. Anyone considered to be at a higher "status" than yourself. I don't know all of those. It's a respect thing.
/look what K-pop can do to you

xuvrette 09-20-2013 09:52 PM

There are other songs that are catchy too... oh well.
I can accept different of taste... but in case I miss something. XD

I love my manga to the point that I learn Japanese. That is love!

Amane 09-20-2013 09:53 PM

I learned to read Korean for K-pop, and learning words was a side effect… sort of.

Shadami 09-20-2013 11:18 PM

it means older brother style?

Amane 09-20-2013 11:50 PM

"Older brother Gangnam style" does sound weird, since that wording makes you imply that you're talking about someone's actual older brother. XD

I'll skip the grammar lesson and just say the an N on the end, which IS there contrary to popular belief, is what holds the whole phrase together. I'm far from a Korean expert, but the literal translation of "Oppan Gangnam style" is "Older brother is Gangnam style" as far as I know. "Oppa Gangnam style" makes no sense.

In the K-pop fandom, we leave honorifics untranslated and learn what they are. I personally like to think that "Oppa's got Gangnam style" is the best translation.

I repeat that I'm not a Korean expert!

ClockReject 09-21-2013 12:09 AM

-rolls in-

Liztress 09-21-2013 12:24 AM

One bad thing about disappearing: You miss out on all the new CIs.

Also, you get to missing your friends. Which is suckier than missing out on the items.

GwenaHikari 09-21-2013 12:42 AM

So, whats up y'all? :3

EirianHikari 09-21-2013 01:28 AM

Hey sis, lol.

Wonderlands 09-21-2013 01:31 AM

..YOU GUYS ARE RELATED?
Oh my, I thought your names were just coincidentally similar.
* Woah, is it weird talking to each other on here when you're in the same vicinity? (Unless you live separately)

EirianHikari 09-21-2013 01:35 AM

Yep, we'er related. :) And at first, but not as much now, because we play a lot of MMOs together. We'er use to typing to others and each other while in the same room, lol.

GwenaHikari 09-21-2013 01:38 AM

Yeah. We talk more online than we do in-person [;)] so not strange at all! And if you think that's silly, we have less fights this way [:P] The internet conquers sibling squabbles! (or at least makes them sound friendlier [ninja] )

Wonderlands 09-21-2013 01:38 AM

Aw man, that is so cool!

nemo.love_22 09-21-2013 01:39 AM

I used to do that - one of my roommates at the time has an account on Mene (she never gets on anymore) and we'd both be on and typing to each other, even when we were in the same room. *laughs* It's fun! How long can one person go without talking, became kind of a game to us. Typing didn't count as talking, like physically talking. :P

EirianHikari 09-21-2013 01:42 AM

The thing that's the most fun, is when we're playing an MMO, and someone tries to hit on one of us. That never works, and then they'll sometimes try to hit on the other, not realizing we're related. Meanwhile we're sitting there, comparing notes, lol.

GwenaHikari 09-21-2013 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EirianHikari (Post 1772151472)
The thing that's the most fun, is when we're playing an MMO, and someone tries to hit on one of us. That never works, and then they'll sometimes try to hit on the other, not realizing we're related. Meanwhile we're sitting there, comparing notes, lol.

Or one off us swoops in and tells them off if their being a pest xD and the dude doesn't realize it wasn't a coincidence someone came to your rescue lol

EirianHikari 09-21-2013 01:45 AM

Yes, that too. [lol]

nemo.love_22 09-21-2013 01:51 AM

*pokes her day with a long pointed stick*

GwenaHikari 09-21-2013 01:52 AM

Don't poke your eye out o.o

nemo.love_22 09-21-2013 01:53 AM

Pointy end is away from me, my mood is not getting better no matter what I've tried doing. :( I'm trying to poke the bad mood away. It's not working. And trying to get myself into a better mood. -.- Pointed stick is a Monty Python's Flying Circus reference.

KatMagenta 09-21-2013 01:58 AM

Hallo.

Monty Python is good for cheering. [yes]

GwenaHikari 09-21-2013 01:58 AM

I know nothing about monty python (heard of him but thats it), all I know is all it takes is one wrong move with a stick...sticks are scary

Hello Kat ^-^

EirianHikari 09-21-2013 01:59 AM

Hi Kat, and congrats on the Mod!

nemo.love_22 09-21-2013 01:59 AM

Kat: It sometimes works - depends on how bad the mood is, for me at least. Summer before last I got into such a bad mood that not even John Barrowman could cheer me up, it was bad.

Gwena: Monty Python is a group, not just one people. And right now I'll do anything, this mood is honestly making it hard for me to go about my daily life. [yes] [:(]

GwenaHikari 09-21-2013 02:01 AM

See, told you I know nothing about it xD One person, a group what ev's lol