Menewsha Avatar Community

Menewsha Avatar Community (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Do you have wild pets? (https://www.menewsha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167763)

Dannydarkus 08-11-2010 07:31 PM

Do you have wild pets?

I have a raccoon and a chinchilla.
I was going to say exotic..xD

Dragon059 08-11-2010 07:40 PM

I have a snake ,a lizzard and house pig <3 ((my pig is the wildest xD ))

Kole_Locke 08-11-2010 07:42 PM

Well, I had a pet for a little while that was a little baby brown bunny. It looked so helpless that I took it in and it would not eat for almost two days. I was really worried about it and called the veternerian and they told me that it wasn't healthy to take animals out of their habitat. Oddly enough it began to eat and as I spent more time with it, it began to trust and bond with me. I named him or her Buggsy. The bunny was so cute, I fed it and let it run around the house, but eventually I knew I needed to let it go. I kept it for a month and then let it loose. It kept coming around with other bunnies but I knew which one it was because he or she was not afraid of me whenever it would come up in my back yard. I'm one of the popular belief that not all animals should be pets. Bunnies are not really exotic creatures or pets for that matter, but some people have unrealistic expectations of their exotic pets when they get them and the end results are not always the best. I don't know about racoons or anything, I'm sure there are folks out there who domesticate them. It's definitely an interesting and cute animal. We see all kinds of animals out in the wild that are cute, but I would prefer just to watch them in their habitat.

Mystic 08-11-2010 08:24 PM

My grandma did wildlife rehabilitation and had a bunch of coons and a squirrel. I would not call them pets seeing as they were not domestic in the least. They couldn't be released for various reasons.

As far as exotic pets go, I have five bearded dragons, a king snake, a ball python, a small parrot, a finch, and a ferret. I've always wanted a servel but dunno if you would consider those "pets" per say.

misfittbaby 08-11-2010 09:28 PM

I have two rats, I suppose you can consider that as one? xD

[Naromay] 08-11-2010 09:49 PM

I have a jedi cat. Pretty rare.

Dannydarkus 08-11-2010 09:52 PM

@Dragon - A pig really?! I want one! They're so cute ;w; did you feed it with a bottle when it was a baby?

@Kole - I'm glad you took care of it. I adore bunnies. That's sort of how I got my coon coon. I found it on the side of the road one day, it's arm and leg were both broken. So I decided to take it in and once it was healed I'd return it back into the wild. Unfortunately, I became attached to him and I kept him. But I love him so very much. His names Rocky like the beatles song. Rocky Raccoon.

@ Mystic - I would love to be your grandma's nephew. That sounds amazing. :drool: I used to volunteer at a petting zoo every summer but since i'm moving to a different city I don't think it's possible anymore. As for your pets..I think bearded dragons are amazingly cute. And snakes scare the heck out of me..I don't know what a finch is but I'm assuming it's a type of bird? I used to have a ferret but he died of old age. I had him since like 2nd grade all the way up to 9th grade.

@Misffitbaby - Gimme one of your rats. Don't be greedy. D: I've always wanted to buy a rat ..because I'm unoriginal and I've wanted to name it scabbers. :O

Dragon059 08-11-2010 09:58 PM

Yeah, Pigs are awesome and yes i fed him with a bottle when it was a littly baby Pig ^-^

Dannydarkus 08-11-2010 10:02 PM

Aww,what's his/her name?
how did you get a piggy?

Mystic 08-11-2010 10:10 PM

I used to have a few pigs. They're a lot of work but they're so cute. I had a pot belly pig named Wilbur. He was pretty much like a dog. I also had little pink farm pigs for a while too but they were for my mom's friend's petting farm. When they got too big we gave them to a friend of the family's so we know they did not end up dinner.

Dannydarkus 08-11-2010 10:17 PM

Aww..I'm vegan so I wouldn't eat em. xD
My raccoon is like a dog..It's so cute, he even has a leash. I wanted to get it vaccinated for rabies at a elementry school because they were doing vaccinations for dogs and cats. Apparently raccoons aren't in that category. Well anyways..A group of elementry kids were walking by and Rocky stood up on his hind legs and started hissing at them. I couldn't stop laughing but in the end they made me leave the premises.

Mystic 08-11-2010 10:21 PM

Ha, I love when they try to be big and bad and stand on their hind legs like that. They're just too cute. It's too bad that vets won't vaccinate critters that can't be released though. You'd think they would due to health concerns but that's probably why they won't do it.

Dannydarkus 08-11-2010 10:27 PM

Mhm,he does it all the time when I mention giving him a bath. Guess who wins?
Shoot,if I could I'd vaccinate him myself..but I think that's illegal.

Mystic 08-11-2010 10:29 PM

It's legal here but you have to give the shots a certain way otherwise it can cause injury. I went to school to be a vet tech so I do all my own vaccines.

Dannydarkus 08-11-2010 10:33 PM

:eager: That's amazing! I think I might be a vet but I'm not sure yet. I would never want to cause any animal harm. That's like..the cruelest thing anyone can ever do.
Purposely knowing I mean.

Dragon059 08-11-2010 11:05 PM

My piggy called Spanky <3
And I got him from my Dad =D

misfittbaby 08-11-2010 11:08 PM

Why scabbers? Lol.
I had two male rats before the rats I have now, but they passed away, they lived up to four years old.
The two I have now are still really young (not even a month old) but they are so silly, haha.

Dragon059 08-11-2010 11:12 PM

I love Rats long time ago i got 2 too =D a white one and a grey one <3

misfittbaby 08-11-2010 11:27 PM

Aw, that's cute. My two rats are both the same colour. White and light gray designs on them. However, one is a male and one is a female, right now they have to stay in separate cages until I get the money to get her spayed D: Since she got to the age where they go into heat D: I got them when they were just old enough to leave their Mother, they were so tiny :3

Dannydarkus 08-12-2010 12:07 AM

Lol. The getting sprayed thing made me laugh..it'd be amazing if we could do that to teenagers. the pregnancy rate would go down. xD

Scabbers like from the Harry Potter series..It was Ron's rat.

Dragon059 08-12-2010 07:28 AM

=O my ones where both female =3

iiToxicRainbow 08-12-2010 09:52 AM

Scabbers! Thats just a epic name xD
I've always wanted a parrot xD
I only have my cat called Rocky at home.well hes hardly ever home but y'know xD

Dannydarkus 08-12-2010 03:11 PM

My dad used to have a parrot..it was so cute.
I don't know what happened to him though.
We have two parakeets also.
Yeah,cats do that a lot. I had a cat but he ran away.

Mystic 08-12-2010 03:15 PM

Large parrots scare me. Like Macaws...eh..no thank you. Been bit too many times. lol I have a small parrot though. He yells swear words thanks to my sister.

Dannydarkus 08-12-2010 03:20 PM

Lol.
That's lovely.
The parrot we used to have would scream Spanish slang at everyone.
The bird we had was a blue macaw named Pepe.