dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 12-22-2007, 12:30 AM

Welcome to my Sky Pirates Role Play! This role play allows your to escape from the normal idea of pirates and enter an insane twist. Please look over this thread and consider joining! The crew of The Violet Dragon welcomes you!

You may travel on the seas if you wish, this role play does not require you to use only the skies. If you wanted, your ship could even crash somewhere and you have to explore the land for a few days until you get your ship repaired. The Role Play is only limited to your imagination, and nothing too advanced.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AeroMarines. They are the miliary of the world. They are trying to wipe out pirates and other outlaws from the world.

Bounties. All pirates have a bounty on them placed there by the AeroMarines in an attempt to recieve aid from ordinary civilians to wipe out the outlaws.

Currency. The currency of the world shall be Gold. The gold is like the currency of this site as well as most ofther avatar sites.

State of Technology. The world is in sort of a semi-futuristic, but still mideval state. Magic is fairly common. There are no sniper rifals, tvs, or any other too advanced device.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Table of Contents:
Post 1 - Introduction, Table of Contents, Links
Post 2 - Rules
Post 3 - Character Setup
Post 4 - Other (Current Plot/Contests/Blacklist/Reminders/etc.)

Links
Character Thread

Last edited by dragoness129; 12-13-2008 at 10:08 PM..

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 12-22-2007, 12:31 AM

Rules

1. |General|
~ No godmodding.
~ Keep everything PG 13.
~ Only mild swearing allowed. No useing the F word or GD words.
~ Must be semi-literate. Do not use chat speach. You can, of course, use pirate language.
~ These rules may change latter. I have the authority to change these rules as I see fit.

2. |Ships|
~ You may create your own ship and gather your own crew.
~ Your ship may join forces with me, become my rival, or be neutral (meaning I have not heard of you or come across you on my travels.)
~ Each ship will start off with 10 NPCs unless you create your own special NPC characters. The total NPCs will equal 10.
~ More NPCs may be found in port towns.
~ The number of NPCs you find will be between 0-10 and be determined by me.
~ Ship stats will be kept track of in the Character Thread.

3. |Battles|
~ Other captains may battle mine or any other ship.
~ You may not gang up on one ship, the number of ships must be evenly matched.
~ You must get concent to battle and notify me of the agreement.
~ You can not kill any member or take anyone as hostage unless both members and captains agree to it.
~ You may kill NPCs, but no more than 5.
~ Ships may not be attacked more than twice before they reach a port town.
~ I will be the judge on the events of the role play and the battles. I promise to be fair in my judgement when determining hits, misses, and effectiveness.
~ Damage will be determined by the quality of the reply. The more detail, the more chance of a better outcome.

4. |Pets|
~ You may only have up to three pets.
~ They can be any species you can come up with.
~ Pets can aide you in battle, but they can not have god-like stats. Their effectiveness will be determined by the quality of the reply in which they are being used.

5. |Races|
~ You can be any combination of creature you wish, but no more than a mix of three different creature types.
~ Your race will not give you a major advantage, but rather hardly any at all.
~ The secret word is Cannon.
~ Your appearance can be whatever you would like it to be as long as you keep with your race. (Ex: Race is Wolf, but you have a Dragon's Tail and are not part dragon.)

6. |Weapons|
~ You may have any number of weapons at your disposal, but no weapons that are insanely outrageous for a Pirate Role Play (Ex: No light sabers)

~More may be added later if needed.~

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 12-22-2007, 12:32 AM

Character Setup

Code:
Username:
Character Name:
Appearance: (A picture or a good description)
Bio: (A few sentances about the history of your character)
Weapons:
Pets: (Optional. No more than 3. Include names and species)
Position: (join my crew, start your own crew, or join a different crew(please state which ship and the name of its Captain.))
Reason For Wanting That Position:
~ If you are starting your own crew, please fill out the following:

Code:
Name of Your Ship: 
Goal of Ship: 
Friend/Rival/Neutaral to The Violet Dragon
~ Post your profile Here. You must put the secret word in Bold somewhere in your character post.
The secret word can be found in the rules, so be sure to read them all. The secret word will change often, so do not just post what other members post.

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 12-22-2007, 12:34 AM

Current Plot
~ Staring over

Contests
~None at this time~

Blacklist
~None so far. Try to keep it that way.~

Donators
~Not required, but loved~

Reminders
Do not godmod.

Words Used
~Picture ~Candle ~Illusion ~

Last edited by dragoness129; 11-30-2008 at 12:12 AM..

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 12-22-2007, 12:36 AM

Here is the story
The winds were blowing harshly and the rain was pouring down in thick sheets. The lightning flashed, illuminating the outline of the forest just ahead. "Keep the ship steady and on course!" I barked at my crew. We were headed to the port town on the he other side of the forest. Looking out across the land and watching the lightning flash dangerously close to the crow's nest, brought back an unpleasant memory. I recalled in vivid detail the night of the storm that parted my father and I. Returning to reality, I called out more orders, "Keep those lines steady! Tilt the sails at an angle so we don't run unto those trees ahead! Prepare to accend!"

Satomi
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Satomi Send a message via Yahoo to Satomi

Old 12-23-2007, 02:48 AM

Satomi stepped down from Doragon.

Satomi: Good boy, Doragon.

Satomi pulled out giant drumstick of meat and tossed it to Doragon. Doragon ate it happily in one swift bite with his massive jaw.

Satomi: Let's go and spend this treasure, boys.

Crew: Yosha! We're coming Ojou-sama!

The Monkey Pirates walked down the streets of Palitoque, the port town neighboring a forest. Townspeople stared as the fearless group walked down with grins and bags of treasure on their backs.

Hideaki: Ahhh! It feels so good to actually have some money and buy some decent stuff! I'm gonna get me a ginormous steak!

Bo: Mmhmm! That pirate jerk was sooo easily beaten! I'm surprised he had so much treasure!

Everybody Else: You didn't do anything!

Bo: Hey! I'm just the shipwright ya know!?

The crew continued down the road and stopped by a bar. They entered in the busy bar that suddenly became silent.

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 12-23-2007, 08:21 PM

The storm continued to rage wildly as the ship began its accent. The ship was nearing the start of the forest now. Yumi needed to know how much space was between her ship and the tree tops, "Oy, Lookout! How much space is beneath us?"

Blacksheep poet
\ (•◡•) /
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Blacksheep poet

Old 12-23-2007, 08:25 PM

Brose awoke from her daily nap in her quarters from one of her crew members.

"Captian!" They yelled "There's a storm coming! We have to leave soon or else-"

"Shut it!" Brose yelled as she threw a small dagger towards the crewmens head. "Or else.... I won't miss the next time!"

The crew member stood frozen. "B-b-but captian! Are you sure that the demon bringer will survive a storm this bad?!" Brose stood up and ruffled her hair.

"Not at all. Were most likely all going to die unless you shut up and get going" Brose informed. "I don't care if there is a storm coming or not! I care about you knowing the obvious thing to do which is to leave. Not come to me about it!" The crew man then left her quarters and everyone started the ship to set sail.

Satomi
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-24-2007, 01:46 AM

The fearless pirate crew walked up to the counter, not even noticing the eerie silence or stares.

Bartender: Welcome, Miss.

Satomi: Hello. My pirate crew is quite hungry and thirsty, attend to their orders, we have enough money to pay.

Bartender: Alrighty, Miss.

The bartender turned around and started preparing drinks and food. The bartender, still looking away, said-

Bartender: Miss, after your crew is done here, please get out. This town does not support your kind, all the shops will not offer you anything. Everybody knows about you, please do not cause trouble.

Satomi: I will do nothing of the sort.

Satomi smiled at his turned back. A strong wind blew. A storm perhaps?

Herkamyrh
*^_^*

Old 12-24-2007, 03:07 AM

H'Lorn ignored the lightning flashing about him as he peered out over the edge of the Violet Dragon. His eyes were made for seeing in dark conditions but the rain wasn't helping any. He peeled his eye patch back so that he could use both eyes and squinted. "We have the length of three men between the tree tops and the bottom of the ship," he shouted down to his captain, "but nary more and we're running the risk of colliding with some of the bigger trees." He turned to look down at the helmsman at the wheel. "Two coming to starboard and one on port. 1 o'clock, 2:15 and 9:45," he hurled his voice down to the helm hoping he would catch all that over the roar of the storm. His voice was not as powerful as the captain's but he did what he could and braced himself for the worst, tying off to the nest with his hook and cord.

Satomi
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-24-2007, 03:31 AM

The crew members, with the exception of Satomi, ate and drank happily.

Bo: Ojou-sama! C'mon, let's ~driiink~!

Satomi: No thank you, I'm fine.

Satomi scanned the shop, many people were whispering to each other at their tables. "Isn't that her?" "Yeah I heard she..." "Wow! She has that big of a bounty?". The only noise in the bar was Bo who was drunk and singing songs. The others were eating as they were starving after their week-long travel without food.

Suddenly, somebody ran through the bar's flapping doors.

Civilian: Hey guys! There's some commotion over on the west part of town! Something's happening with the forest!

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 12-24-2007, 10:16 PM

"Alright! Captain, ye orders!" Called the pirate at the wheel, indicating that he had heard the lookout.

"Keep her steady, bring her up about one more foot so that we don't hit those tall trees! Then turn those sails so we hit the big gust of wind coming up from behind!" Yumi called to her crew and her men all hurried to follow out the insturctions. Her wolf ears were sharp, so she had no trouble hearing H'Lorn.

The ship was nearing the middle of the forest now and would be starting to come into view of the town. They needed to land at the edge of the town, the only large open space available to harbor her ship since the town was completely surrouned by the forest. The ship needed some supplies, so there was no chance of passing by the town. Yumi was eager to see if this town offered any possible new recruits. She knew that her ship would cause some commotion, but that would only increase her fame. Yumi smiled as she thought of this, more eager to reach the town.

The storm seemed to be hitting only around the forest, not reaching the town, almost as if by magic.

Satomi
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-24-2007, 10:35 PM

Satomi (under her breath): Hmm? What's going on here?

Civilian: Another storm is coming in! It's about to hit town! And even more, there seems to be several ships riding the winds! So far there is no confirmation of what type of ships they are... I hope the 'crystal' is strong enough to protect our town once again...

Guy in Bar: No.. it's already too worn down from last time! Everyone, gather your things, we might not make it this time...

Drunkard in Bar: Don't be foolish! The 'crystal' has protected our town for over 50 years! A few storms ain't gonna matter! We gotta worry about them pesky pirates lookin for stealin of our treasure!

Guy in Bar: Shut up old man! Don't say that out loud...

Satomi (thinking to herself): Hmm... I see...

Satomi: Okay guys, finish up quick, we're going out!

Guy in Bar: No... We won't let you steal 'it'! *pulls out sword*

Satomi: Don't worry.

Nobuta: What kind of pirates do you take us for?

Bo: ~yaaa~ ~We'd be bandits *hiccup* if we stole from villages!~

Seshi: *puts hand on sword handle* We're going to help you of course.

Kazuma: Most likely, the ships that are coming in are coming for your 'crystal' if they're going through such lengths to travel during a storm.

The crew gathered their bags of treasure, with Bo gathering some extra booze. They walked outside the panicked streets and stood, waiting for what comes.

Herkamyrh
*^_^*

Old 12-24-2007, 10:51 PM

H'Lorn was glad to see that the ship was righted. He continued his watch keeping his eyes open for the city. It was not long before his eyes were able to discern the outlines of the city's taller building and more importantly the clearing that was to be their landing spot. To his surprise, a ship had already landed. Only this was no ordinary ship but a dragon. H'Lorn had heard the rumors, even glimpsed the ship from afar, but never once had he the pleasure of sharing port with She and her crew. This would be interesting indeed. He yelled down the warning to his captain and crew, "Town Ahoy! And it seems the Red Haired Devil's ship has come to port."

Satomi
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-25-2007, 12:05 AM

There was a brief moment of silence with no noise nor wind. The pirates stared out into the tops of the forest... Suddenly, with a huge gush of wind, in an instance, there stood a gigantic ship in front of them.

Hideaki: Eh?! What the hell is that?! It's purple!

Ganno: Oi... haven't you seen our ship? *points to the sleeping dragon* Eh?! How can it sleep with all this wind?!

Satomi placed her hand on top of her head to not let her hat fly away. She could see the outer cap of the hat flapping in the wind, reminding her to protect the innocent, like 'he' did.
The ship came flying in and looked to make a landing on the long strip of land that was the main street. Satomi walked up calmly, not even needing to say anything to her crew, for they were so close they could communicate like this. The ship began it's descent, but she never looked up. She kept her head down, right hand on her hat. With a loud screech the strange purple ship began scraping along down the road... The ship was going straight for Satomi.

Civilian: What are you doing?! Get out of there, you're gonna get crushed!

Satomi seemed to not have heard the civilian; with her head down and her mouth grinning devilishly. Just then, she was only 5 meters away from the ship, still moving very rapidly. Time seemed to have slowed down as the villagers waited for the impact. There was none. In the blink of an eye, the ship had stopped. Smoke was everywhere from the sudden decrease in speed. When the smoke cleared, Satomi was still there.

Seshi: Hehe... That's our boss!

Satomi had stopped the entire ship with her left arm.

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 12-25-2007, 06:54 PM

Before they landed, Yumi called to her lookout, "Never heard of them." when he made the reference to the other ship in the port.

"Whoa! That was a rough landing!" Yumi thought aloud. The ship had never had that rough of a landing before. Yumi hurried to the edge of her ship and stood on the railing on the Starboard side, keeping ahold of the rigging. "Oy! What caused this rough landing! Nothing had better of damaged my ship any!" Yumi called out to the towns people. "I am Captain Yumi Akuma of The Violet Dragon!"

Satomi
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-25-2007, 09:45 PM

Satomi (thinking to herself): Yumi of The Violet Dragon huh? I've heard of them somewhere...

The townspeople looked in awe at the pirate who stopped an entire ship, and at the other one declaring herself with a grin after just battling through a storm and a dangerous landing. They were no ordinary pirates.

Satomi (under her breath): This might be interesting...

Satomi leaped onto the figurehead that was the face and arms of a huge purple dragon. The ship was too huge to make it in one leap, so she grabbed onto the lower jaw of the dragon and catapulted herself onto the jibboom.

Satomi: I am the Red-Haired Devil of the Monkey Pirates!

Blacksheep poet
\ (•◡•) /
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Blacksheep poet

Old 12-25-2007, 10:56 PM

On the ocean now, Brose peered along the great blue see, leaving a storm behind her and her crew. She looked at the storm and how trecherous it seemed.

"Wow!" she mummbled to herself "It's a good thing we left when we did!" Her great red eyes then peered along the path they were headed. "Now, the question is.... where do we go...."

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 12-26-2007, 12:04 AM

Yay! Another Captain! Yumi thought to herself, wondering if this Captain would want to be a friend or she would turn out to be an enemy.

"Hello there!" She called to the other captain who had jumped up onto her ship with ease. Yumi was a little anoyed with her, though she did not let is show. She did not particualy care for people inviting themselves onboard her ship.

Yumi turned to the crew, "Alright, time to stock up on supplies! Get a move on!" Her crew hurried to make their way off the ship and onto the street. Each crew member headed off to a different shop, or went into the shop in pairs. Some of her crew stayed aboard, for they had not been assigned to a shop or were not wanting to pick up anything from this town.

"Are you getting supplies as well?" Yumi asked the other captain, returning her attention to her, not wanting to take her view off of her for too long.

Satomi
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-26-2007, 03:45 AM

Satomi scratched her head in awe. This pirate was not scared of her! In most cases, just hearing "Red-Haired Devil" would make the average pirate cringe. Satomi shook her head and reclaimed her proud composure.

Satomi: Umm... Yes! I am. Me and my pirate crew, *points behind her* have just docked not too long ago. Oh, and have you seen our ship?

Satomi stood a few paces to her left, to allow Yumi to see, and pointed at the gigantic sleeping dragon at the edge of the town. Satomi grinned at Yumi, waiting to see what reaction Yumi would give. In the mean time, Satomi's crew started walking towards them, due to their captain's signal when she pointed at them.

Herkamyrh
*^_^*

Old 12-26-2007, 05:12 AM

With his eye patch placed back over his eye, H'Lorn watched the exchange between the two captains from the crow's nest since he wasn't assigned to retrieving provisions. How civilized these two seemed in comparison to his own kin's reaver chiefs who would have exchanged blows by now as a means to test one another's strength. He entertained reasons rooted in gender but brushed those notions aside knowing that it was also influenced by his upbringing and after all, he had chosen to serve one who he already knew was no ordinary woman. His attention shifted to the dragon. He tried to remember back to what his father had told him about this creature when they had seen it the first time and specifically why such a grand beast would find itself in servitude to humans. The memory failed to surface so he dismissed it for now. He turned his attention back to the women who were talking, his keen elven ears picking up every word.

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 12-27-2007, 02:32 AM

"Oooh! So pretty! I have a smaller relative of the dragon family." She paused to let out a high pitched whisle. After about ten seconds, a drake that was twice Yumi's height landed on the ship beside Yumi.
"This is my drake, Dracilia." Yumi introduced to Satomi. As she did, one of the pockets on her trench coat moved. "Oh all right, you just can't stay out of the spotlight can you?" she asked as she reached into her pocket and pulled out a small ball of fluff. "This is my hamster, Silver. He has been with me since I was little." Silver yawned and blinked, looking around the ship and resting his eyes on the other captain.

Satomi
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-27-2007, 07:00 AM

Satomi: Very... interesting. Excuse me one moment.

Oh my gosh, this girl is weird! She actually has a dragon-like creature too! Doesn't she realize how rare they are? Pretty happy for a pirate... something must be up! *puts on serious face*

Satomi: Ahem, sorry about that. Anyways... *whistle* All you're doing is stocking on supplies? Not anything...*coughcrystalcough*...else?

Satomi stood there awkwardly, struggling to put a smile instead of the nervousness she felt. It was a long time since she felt nervous, she was a fearsome and fearless pirate after all. A 500 ton Sea King (name given to giant sea monsters) wouldn't scare her. But something about this happy-go-lucky girl was giving her the heebie-jeebies!

Herkamyrh
*^_^*

Old 12-27-2007, 05:02 PM

H'Lorn watched on. He noticed the other captain's uneasiness, the corners of his mouth curling slyly. Her words, "not anything else?" rang in his head. What was she getting at or what was she trying to hide he wandered. As far as he knew this was a routine provisions stop. He smiled again, this time inwardly. His people never made such stops for they were reavers. They would have pillaged a small town for the supplies they needed as opposed to trading and purchasing. Still this was the life he chose to live and it was nice not having to risk it for the basic necessities anymore. He continued to watch the exchange between the captains, considering if maybe a jaunt into town for a few personal items would be fruitful. That never really appealed to him though as his race was known for their reaving and brutality and such a jaunt would indeed draw unwelcome attention to himself. He maintained his position within the nest thinking about saving his shore visit for the next port.

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 12-28-2007, 06:09 PM

"Well, I am looking for adventure, I do love adventure! I want to be the best known pirate on the skies!" She said the last part with pride.
"Anyway, what were you saying about a crystal? Thought I couldn't hear it through the coughing?" A sly smile spread across Yumi's face as she pictured the captain's surprised look.
My crew was returning now with the supplies.