Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 03-10-2015, 12:35 AM

Okay, so... I've got some very silly ideas for a RP, but I think with the right people and with good, unique, creative characters these ideas might actually work!
These can be either group RPs or one on one, I don't really care either way.
I would prefer for these RPs to involve lots of details. Not saying you have to make paragraphs for each post, but I'm not too keen on frequent one-liners.

Edit!!

Okay, so just so you all know, I post really, WEIRD ideas for RPs. Like, literally, things that probably wouldn't count as a normal RP, but I just think it'd be interesting to try. I'm still pretty new to Mene, I've only been here for like, three months now, almost four, so please PLEASE let me know if there's things I'm doing wrong or ways I can improve my RP skills. I promise you will NOT hurt my feelings! (So long as you're being respectful!)

My first idea is silly:

Soul Dracula: A group of vampires form a band and play in local venues, using their popularity to invite people backstage to drink their blood. This seems to work for them for a while, however, they quickly raise suspicion among local authorities who notice a string of murders following each performance by this band. The vampires must keep their secret, but it's hard when the authorities are hot on their trail.
This one would work best as a Group RP

So for that one characters I would probably expect would be;
Vampires
Detectives
Victims

Next idea:
Assigned to Protect You: An average Joe becomes a target for termination by a group of angry serial killers, who are actually extra-terrestrial beings trying to put fear into Earth's inhabitants. So, a secret organization that handles other-wordly visitors sends a secret agent to protect this average Joe.
I think this might work better as a onexone, but hey, it might work as a group RP?
I'd say onexone because the two characters that I'd focus on would be the average Joe (who can be of any gender) and the secret agent.

If this does end up being a group thing, I'd expect these characters: (And you're always welcome to add more if you think it'd help to RP)
Average Joe (Can be any gender)
Secret Agent
Aliens
Civilians

Next idea:
This is Our Escape!: Two unlikely people, (perhaps a princess/prince or servant, perhaps a wealthy government official and a slave) find themselves in a position where they are blamed for a crime they did not commit. Because of this, the entire town is doing their best to see these "wrongdoers" brought to justice. This gives them no choice but to ESCAPE! In their efforts to leave town, they find each other and their adventure continues.
This would be best as one x one

New idea:
Stuck At a High School Dance:
Just a high school dance. I figure that's a super easy thing to RP, maybe even too simple, but that's where my partners can add details that might make the RP more interesting. I think it'd be an artistic approach to RP, just doing a typical high school dance, with awkward, flawed characters. :D
This could go either way as a group or as onexone, but I think it might be easier to do onexone.

New Idea:
Untitled.:
Two close friends are separated when their (Friend B's) overbearing, controlling partner interrupts their lives. Distraught, the one friend (Friend A) tries to find a way to save her friend from her controlling partner.
So, for this I'd say the characters needed would be:
Friend A
Friend B
Abusive Partner

This would work best as a Group RP

Another New Idea:
A Little Light In The Dark:
A royal arranged marriage with an abusive spouse makes this character flee their home in order to search for a better life elsewhere. However, they are completely unfamiliar with life outside of their royal, stone walls. Can a beautiful, mysterious stranger show them a better life? Or will this beautiful stranger turn them in for the hefty cash bounty?
This would be best as a onexone
With this RP, I like there to be struggles for the characters, I like RPing with a character who's UNPREDICTABLE. Let's add some twists and turns in this story that I wouldn't expect and I'll add some that you won't expect. This story should be full of adventure and never be boring!

Those are just the ideas I have so far and they're pretty silly, I know.
I may add more when they come to me.

Let me know if you're interested! I'm still pretty new to Mene, so I may need help with setting up the RP thread.

Last edited by Kory; 05-05-2015 at 12:15 AM..

Kory

Old 03-12-2015, 01:25 AM

Okay, so I've decided to make this my official "Search" thread, instead of creating more...

I'll post ideas here of what I'm most interested in RPing. :D

edit;

I had another idea for something I wouldn't mind RPing, but it's super, super basic.

Stuck At a High School Dance:
Just a high school dance. I figure that's a super easy thing to RP, maybe even too simple, but that's where my partners can add details that might make the RP more interesting. I think it'd be an artistic approach to RP, just doing a typical high school dance, with awkward, flawed characters. :D

Last edited by Kory; 03-12-2015 at 01:48 AM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-12-2015, 05:36 PM

I like the idea of the soul Dracula, but it looks difficult to do as a onexone. I don't know if you can find other interested people.
Also, it would probably be best to edit all of your search ideas into the first post rather than spreading them out because people won't go looking past the setup posts.

Kory

Old 03-12-2015, 06:43 PM

Oh! Okay, I'll definitely do that then. :)

Yeah, I was thinking for Soul Dracula, it'd work the best as a group RP.
It'd be super fun if I could find at least three or more people who want to RP that idea with me. :) I was thinking that each person could play more than one character, but it would be more fun if there were more people to play less characters.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-12-2015, 10:00 PM

I don't like to play large groups, but three or four people would be fine. If you want to find a group though, you should probably advertise you're looking for a couple more peeps in the thread title. It would quicken things along.

Kory

Old 03-12-2015, 10:28 PM

Would it be alright to do that, though, if I have some other ideas that would be better as one on one? (ex, Assigned to Protect You, Stuck At A High School Dance)

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-12-2015, 11:36 PM

Well, you might not want to signify this thread entirely as group or onexone, but just adding a blub at the end of the title about looking for something might draw people in. Usually people making different threads for group and onexone ideas but it can be a bit messy especially if they can go either way. Whatever you want to do, but I've seen often enough how hard it can be to start a group without neon signs. :/

Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 03-15-2015, 06:09 PM

The vampire one sounds interesting, I'd be interested in joining it?

Kory

Old 03-16-2015, 12:11 AM

Sweet! :)

So I have a couple of people interested. If you know anyone who might also be interested please send them this way.

I would like to get about three or four people to join for Soul Dracula. I think that would be a good number for the RP to work.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-16-2015, 01:34 AM

Can we no do it with just the three of us?

Kory

Old 03-16-2015, 02:23 AM

If you both don't mind playing multiple characters, I guess we could do it with just the three of us. :O
Or, we could just start anyway. I'm super anxious to RP, and I really think Soul Dracula will be fun. :B

So, if you want, we could start.

edit;

I think all we'll need is just one detective, who can probably show up at any time. Unless either of you want to be the detective, I'll gladly volunteer one of my OCs. :)

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-16-2015, 02:29 AM

That's fine with me. I was expecting to play multiple characters anyway. What kind of band are we doing? Like rock. Trying to figure out instruments and such here.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 03-16-2015, 02:34 AM

I don't mind playing multiple characters either. But yea, do you have any specific kind of band for the vampires to have?

Kory

Old 03-16-2015, 02:53 AM

I was definitely thinking a rock band.
In my mind, I picture the vampires having a very unique sounding rock band with music that sounds different than ordinary rock in order to draw people to them.

Some instruments I'd think to include could be electric guitars, bass guitar, drums.

---------- Post added 03-15-2015 at 10:11 PM ----------

I forgot to add, but I'd also think there would be a lead singer for the band as well.

Last edited by Kory; 03-16-2015 at 03:12 AM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-16-2015, 03:13 AM

I call bass! I have a character in mind.
I'm sure they can have use vampire mesmerizing powers specialized to work with music or something snazzy like that. Since they're vampires, I'm sure they've been around for a while and all that history and time to hone skill aught to create a unique sound.

Kory

Old 03-16-2015, 03:35 AM

Sweet!
Anyone think of a fun band name? :)
I think I'd like to be the drummer, but I don't want to pick just yet.

---------- Post added 03-15-2015 at 10:36 PM ----------

I want to make sure you all are playing the parts you wish to play before I pick. :)

Aoi, do you know what you want your character to do? :)

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-16-2015, 03:46 AM

I dunno....seems like they should have a goth, bloodsucking, cool/overdramatic but totally realistic sort of stage name. Because chicks dig vampires.

Kory

Old 03-16-2015, 03:52 AM

Everyone digs vampires! ;P
I'll spend tonight coming up with some names if I can. It's late so my creativity is probably either really flowing and awesome, or really crazy and nonsensical.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-16-2015, 03:56 AM

I'd help because I've come up with good band names before, but work left me more brain dead than usual. Maybe it's just that I skipped the coffee.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 03-16-2015, 05:19 AM

I want to be the guitarist then :D

Sorry, one of my friends put me into a really bad mood so i'm all out of creativity at the moment. I'll try to think up some stuff too.

Kory

Old 03-16-2015, 05:10 PM

So I thought of some names, I'm not too good with band names or names that sound realistic, so these may not work! Just throwing out ideas at this point. :P
I've thought of "The Provenance" which is like, "the beginning",
"Vampyr" which is just a silly play on the spelling, but I thought that might make the vampires seem too obvious or too suspicious, it's a cute name though!
"Electric Daydream" which, I don't know. I don't have much of an opinion on that one.

Those are just names I could come up with. I was half asleep when I wrote them so they probably sound silly.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-16-2015, 05:15 PM

I like the last two though I don't know if Electric Daydream really makes any sense.

I thought of 'The Revival'. Vampires go....yeah. revive. But their music might have notes of past things since they've lived through it.
or how about 'Opera at Midnight'. Of all the forms of music, opera seems to fit vampires the most.

Kory

Old 03-16-2015, 05:34 PM

I really like The Revival!
I came up with my ideas super late in the night, I know none of my ideas made sense. Lol!
Opera At Midnight sounds very classy, I think that would be very fitting for a group of classy, musical vampires. :)

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-16-2015, 05:38 PM

Are are vampires classy or crazy blood-sucking rockers?

Kory

Old 03-16-2015, 06:16 PM

I think they front like they are very classy, very cultured people,
But they don't fuck around when it comes to their blood. So in a sense, they can be classy but they are also very serious about getting their drinks.
But you can really design your character however you think they'd be.