Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 05-02-2016, 05:35 PM

So I haven't been around in a long time, and I miss roleplaying. I'd love to get back into it, but I'm sure I'm rusty after all this time.

---

I don't really do any movies, books, or shows. Or strange/weird pairings. Anything else pretty much goes, though.

I'd love to do a really basic survival RP, minimal backstory and no direct plot, just a sort of let it develop type thing.

Or we can go even more vague, a first setting, intro characters, and let it go from there with no other plots in mind. It could be fun.

---

I am pretty literate, I think. I usually do about 2+ paragraphs, more or less depending on the situation. I would like to think I will reply daily, but sometimes life gets in the way, but expect multiple replies a week.

Just comment if you're interested and hopefully we can get something going.

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 05-03-2016, 07:19 AM

I like the idea of a minimal premise. It'd allow for a lot of freedom and possibility.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-03-2016, 11:29 AM

Siren Sonder: That was my thought exactly! Sometimes I never know where I want a character to go, and I don't always liked to be locked into a plot, since it can limit some things. The only thing I've found with this is you need to have an interesting enough pairing of characters, or setting, if you want it to go anywhere.

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 05-03-2016, 02:17 PM

Precarious Fool: I've found that if the characters are fairly developed from the start, it's more likely not to lose oomph after a while I haven't ever written a really setting-based roleplay ever before though. I did have setting based 'sparks' listed in my search thread which haven't ever been taken up:

Modern-day India (with maybe supernatural/fantasy/mythological elements thrown in?)

A water nymph and nyx in Venice (though I know next to nothing about Venice so I might have to research...)

A bard and a scribe are tasked with the quest of completing stories for the Archive (travel and adventure and maybe they have to actually live the stories... or... something o.o)

As for a survival RP, I've never done one before. Maybe a dream world (but then maybe dying would mean waking up and nobody'd give a shit about trying to survive) or a video game world or a zombie apocalypse (so overdone though, ugh. I must mull over this.)

Anyhow, I'm reminded of a Snow White RP I'm writing on another site. After a slightly uncertain start (because we intended it to be a dark/twisted fairy tale and with the characters that's all that was planned) it got pretty fun. Because Snow White and the Huntsman are on the run it's just going with the flow; I am happy with my Snow White character and absolutely LOVE the Huntsman. And for once, I don't feel compelled to love a character because of a dark, tragic past. I just love reading the character, -ahem- enough to fangirl about -ahem- anyway. SORRY FOR RAMBLING! And textwalling.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-03-2016, 02:35 PM

The bard and the scribe actually sounds kind of fun. I can picture a bunch of different ways to do that that would make for interesting story lines. Like they have to collect stories, and travel to families to hear the stories passed down, and maybe encounter strange or weird things, or they have to investigate the stories they hear. So many options.

I had been trying to get a survival, like plane crash on an island, or ship sinking sorry of thing going but they never got anywhere, mostly because I tried to do group and that can be hard to keep many people interested.

Snow white sounds kind of fun. I normally avoid any known characters because I like being able to do what I want, not have to keep to the personality or whatever of something specific.

---------- Post added 05-03-2016 at 02:31 PM ----------

Siren Sonder: Sorry, forgot to tag you! D:

Precarious Fool

Old 05-04-2016, 09:35 PM

Is anyone out there? Still looking for a partner or two... or three. :D

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 05-05-2016, 01:30 AM

Precarious Fool: I'd be down for RPing any of those: the bard and scribe, the survival and a Snow White. So what are you leaning towards?

Precarious Fool

Old 05-05-2016, 01:38 AM

Siren Sonder: Oh, um... UGH. Hard to choose. To me it's between the scribe and bard or the survival one. I do worry that the survival one may get stale overtime, since sometimes you have to fabricate more interested things to happen, and that can only work so many times, but at the same time, for the scribe and bard, that's the point and would be the fun in it. We could change it up and add a lot of interesting things... So yeah, let's go with that one. Do you have any ideas of where exactly you want to start/go with that one?

Precarious Fool

Old 05-06-2016, 11:03 PM

I'm still in search of a RP partner.

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 05-09-2016, 03:52 AM

Precarious Fool: I can think of many starting points to choose from. It'd be kind of quest-based so when we start they can already have been at it for a while, or they're both new and nervous, or one's a veteran who's got to look out for the new one, and when they're travelling they can have hitches like meeting bandits or falling into a faerie trap, and may have to meet with many scattered people to piece together the story they're out to investigate...
As for what kind of story to start with, it could be anything I guess. Could be based off any legend or fairy tale, just as well as made from scratch. Like someone who seemed possessed or a haunted place, or someone died, or disappeared, or a changeling child, or a guy who sells magical/antique artifacts wants the story behind a particular piece of goods with a history too obscure for him to easily find (fact maybe this dude could give them tasks often not just once)...

Precarious Fool

Old 05-09-2016, 10:11 AM

Siren Sonder: All of that sounds pretty good. I guess we can pick and choose our preferences and make it from there?

I like the idea of at least my character being new to it, just to have that new, excited feel about it. I don't care about being scribe or bard, so if you have a preference, feel free to pick it, same with gender.

Where I'm stuck is the story, but I guess we don't have to focus on choosing the best one, because it may be likely we'll be doing more than one, so we can always end/finish a quest and start a new one if it feels old or isn't going anywhere. Is there a specific one you'd like to start out with? Investigating a disappearance could be fun, and really open ended.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-10-2016, 12:02 AM

do you yaoi?

Precarious Fool

Old 05-10-2016, 12:12 AM

I have once, but it wasn't a super strong one. I'm not against it, if that's what you mean. I don't care much about pairings, I'll do just about any gender/age/etc.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-10-2016, 12:14 AM

oh good cause i'm most comfortable with male/male pairings.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-10-2016, 12:22 AM

Yeah, that's no problem for me. My longest RP was a male/male that never had the intention of romance and ended up with it.

Is there a specific plot or story you like? Human based? Fantasy? Modern? Medieval?

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-10-2016, 12:23 AM

Kind of into mutants.

---------- Post added 05-09-2016 at 08:23 PM ----------

Or a mutant/human situation dealing with prejudice and shit.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-10-2016, 12:40 AM

I've never really done a mutant one. I could easily do a human to interact with yours, though. That sounds interesting.

What would the setting/story be? If you have any ideas, if not, we can work it out together.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-10-2016, 12:42 AM

was thinking modern setting. they have to meet in secret cause your guys family is very anti mutant. and could I start the thread?

Precarious Fool

Old 05-10-2016, 01:02 AM

Yeah, that sounds interesting. Do you have a type of setting at all? Just a normal modern city, basically? No specific place so we can suit it to our needs? Also, is there anything specific you want from me character wise? If not I'll wait for your post and intro and just go from there.

Feel free to start and either link me here or ping me there. I'll be on for awhile, and am usually quick to reply.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-10-2016, 01:08 AM

no specific city. and not that I can think of

---------- Post added 05-09-2016 at 09:12 PM ----------

Forbidden Love

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 05-10-2016, 10:07 PM

Hey I'm interested in getting back into RPing. I was never really that experienced, but I think I should give it another shot. I think I'm pretty similar to you in that I do around 2 paragraphs, reply very often and I like basic story lines, survival is great. I'm not into developing a page-worth of character backstory, I like to go with the flow. Let me know if you are interested! (ping me!)

Last edited by lunanuova; 05-10-2016 at 10:14 PM..

Precarious Fool

Old 05-10-2016, 10:15 PM

lunanuova: That sounds wonderful and just like me. I normally just write paragraph or so of reference for the character, and develop the rest during the RP itself. I'd love to start one up with you, do you know what sort of story line or background you'd like? Some ideas could be like a ship/plane crash in the modern world, some sort of natural disaster, or pretty much anything. I'm not terribly picky and can come up with something if you'd prefer. Also, if there is a specific type of pairing, I do just about anything, so just let me know and I'll make a character that suits. Also am willing to do one or two main characters, and a few background ones to keep interest if need be.

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 05-10-2016, 10:25 PM

Great! That's fine too. I'm not that picky either. I like the ideas surrounding a crash, or some big event, or on a mission. I was actually in a group RP a long time ago that was meant to be a crash, but the RP didn't last so I wasn't able to get into it. A story about surviving on a desert island might be interesting? Do you have any existing ideas? From the ones that I have done in the past I do seem to feel more comfortable in a male character, I'm not sure why but it just works better. But I really don't mind about the pairing. I think it is more interesting for the story though if the characters are either strangers or aren't in a relationship already as then you can develop their personalities and they can find out more about each other. That sounds interesting, I have never considered doing more than one character or background characters, but that could come into it if you like!

Precarious Fool

Old 05-10-2016, 10:34 PM

Since we're both willing to just play as it goes, perhaps we do something along the lines of a team of researchers, wanting to study this previously undiscovered island. It's all been very hush, so few know about it, everyone who does is on the ship sailing there, basically. Not everyone knows each other, they were brought on for this expedition., funded mostly by this older scientist who thinks there is a rare extinct bird on the island or something. A storm can cause the boat to crash/ damage equipment, so they really can't get in touch with the outside world. Not everyone made it on shore, some are injured, etc.

I would probably do a pair of characters, male and female perhaps. And maybe sprinkle in some input from another survivor or two. You could just do one, or two, and the background characters could be controlled by both of us to suit our needs.

---------- Post added 05-10-2016 at 06:35 PM ----------

lunanuova: sorry for any errors, typed it up on my phone. If all that is agreeable, I can make up a thread and post a short intro, plus my characters then link it to you.

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 05-10-2016, 10:44 PM

I think that's a good idea, I'm happy to go with that. Would you start with the characters waking up after the crash? I'd go with a main male character, but would you prefer a main female and have them interested in romance down the line? Do you want the older scientist to survive or not?

No problem, go ahead and start the thread. I can't do any more now though because it is late, I'll have to reply tomorrow!