View Single Post
Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-01-2007, 02:53 PM

Vienna lifted her head from her pillow as the bright light streamed through the window. She groaned, still feeling like she needed a few more hours sleep, but her body wouldn't allow it. She was completely awake at this point. She rose from the bed and stretched and then walked to the window. Outside, the sun was shining brightly, a few white puffy clouds floated lazily in the sky, and the birds were singing. It was a beautiful morning! It was hard to believe that only a few hundred miles away, people were coming their way to try to kill them.

She thought of the events of the night before and remembered the suppressing drug Russell had first had her drink, and then the tarots had forced into her system after her capture. She focused on a small figurine on her dresser and concentrated on slowing down the air molecules around it in an effort to create frost, but try as she might, nothing happened. "I wonder how long until the drug wears off," she wondered. I can still fight, at least!

As she dressed in combat gear, she thought of Russell and frowned. On the one hand, she furious with his betrayal and wanted nothing more than to see him come to justice. On the other hand, she felt hurt because she had really come to like him. It bothered her more that his friendship had been false than for what actually had happened with the tarots.

She left her room and made her way up to Hotaru's chambers. She hoped the Queen had gotten her rest, but somehow she doubted it. She knocked lightly and entered when the doors opened to her and saw that the renegade tarots were still in there, as were Seika, Ita, and Kai. They gave her a strange look and she said, "Uh oh. I don't think I like the way you're looking at me. Did I interrupt something? Hotaru?" she looked to her friend. "What happened now?"

Hotaru shook her head and grimaced at the fact that the rook was already dressed for battle, ready to fight. But she couldn't take a chance with her blood being spilled, thus possibly releasing Master's curse on Chess. "You're not fighting today," she said.

"What??"