View Single Post
whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 11-02-2007, 11:39 AM

Malaya nodded, "I do get lonely. A lot. Sometimes... But then my tastes are also to blame. Like what I said, most people only look at me as the -male version of Marikit with significantly less curves- or -the pretty girly looking nerd-. When I do date or find someone, I'm often torn away from my books rather violently. It's as if they try to change me...I thought love was about acceptance, compromise and companionship."

He took a sip of his chocolate, "If I'm going to commit myself completely to someone, I want that someone to take me for what I am. I like to read. I like to write. I want time for myself. I don't like having casual sex either. I don't like being criticized and called names either. Most importantly, I belong to myself..."

The engkanto paused and realized he was practically ranting at the human about his relationship woes. He looked at his reflection on the warm liquid and apologized. "I got...carried away. I'm sorry. You can tell, I don't get to talk to people a lot and that I'd like that but the circumstances prevent so."

Malaya cleared his throat and changed the subject, "The villages...we call them barrios, are far flung and very different from the cities. There are very few gadgets of electricity and life is very simple. I think...I might have seen a TV but I wasn't quite sure if that was it. I remember seeing large cabinets that were cool inside and even produced ice. Maybe...I should pay more attention to the items scattered in the barrios and ask, don't you think?"