View Single Post
Everstar
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-09-2007, 04:12 AM

“Are you crazy?!”

The door to the cabin, one certain general’s cabin, closed, Mai turned to face him, who had already settled on the side of the bed, breathing a little heavy. Crazy? Maybe, really he hadn’t considered it, but given everything he had gone through in his lifetime…crazy could have really been a fitting word. Mai, however, didn’t give time for the reality of being called crazy to settle in as she walked over, half leaning over in front of him as she put her hand to his forehead…a foolish thing, since no matter what he’d feel cold to her…and her warm was hardly a normal warm.

“You’re in no condition to travel, Clyde…even to go with everyone else…you know I’m not going to let you leave until you can move normally…right?”

“Yeah, I kind of figured that…” He smiled up to her, setting his crutch aside and relaxing. One hand lightly moved over his stomach, checking the bandage and he had to cringe when his skin made contact with his own skin, or rather the wrapped skin of the bandage. “Alright…so maybe I do need to stay…” It was really only sore, but the healers had sealed up the wound near perfectly…there would only be minimal scarring, a ring on his stomach and back at the least…The good news was he had missed any organs that couldn’t be without, leaving ones that could be healed…

“You do…we’ll stay, and I’ll keep an eye on you.” A soft smile crossed her lips as she leaned in, pressing her heated lips to his chilled, shivering a bit without thinking…the cold of his body always made her shiver, but it was simply him, he couldn’t control it, just like the heat of her body made him shiver…Only neither of them cared. The warmth of Mai was like something of a dream to him, a far away fantasy he could never have reached…

A sly little smirk crossed over his lips as he relaxed, scooting back on the bed a bit and patting his knee…injury or not, he still wanted Mai close. Someone whom he could be close do, dote on and be affectionate with, or rather she was there for him, for comfort…something he hadn’t had in a long time, since long before he left Airroboros. “I think I like that idea…”

Mai, nearly sultry in her manner, slipped right onto his knee, tossing her arms around his neck…one might confuse them for lovers, but in reality, wasn’t that the truth? The two had hardly given it much clear thought, there hadn’t been a reason to…they were far too happy to have someone to be able to speak and seek comfort in, both even in remotely similar situations, of a sort, so what need was there to complicate things?

“I figured you would…Mmm…” In all actuality, the time they had spent beforehand had been rather innocent, not being anything but hugging onto each other, cuddling, kissing, and a great deal of talking and confiding…While the want was there, on one part, if not both, they hadn’t crossed that line…gone that far…and neither really knew why? What was stopping them…?

Certainly nothing and the two of them shared the night there, together in one another’s arms, in a warm embrace, showing as a clear cut example how they felt about one another, an expression of love and passion unlike any either had felt before. Maybe it was the added excitement of the opposing elements, maybe it was the fact that it shouldn’t have been possible, that they should have been enemies, yet had fallen in…