View Single Post
Croon
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Croon Send a message via MSN to Croon Send a message via Yahoo to Croon

Old 03-18-2009, 09:59 PM

To be perfectly honest, on the 14th I spent the day packing.
...Alright, that is a lie.
I spent all day the 14th TELLING myself to pack, and dreading the ordeal. I am currently (as of 3/18/09) in California with all 10+ of my insane relatives. The immediate household contains the Grandmother, who is mostly deaf, believes in angels, and is a total sweetheart but for her clawing, clinging need to hang on your arm and smooch you, repeatedly, right at the ticklish spot between neck and ear. Then there's the Odd Aunt, whom nobody knows lives where, who always makes fiendish concoctions that nobody dares eat because, of all things, she refuses to throw food out and as such is constantly recycling leftovers into gradually multi-age creations. There's the Artistic Aunt, who can't seem to decide whether to like or hate me, who takes care of the entire rest of the family and enjoys making stained glass when not trying to sell houses. There's her husband the Uncle, with the acidic wit and the ability to bruise feelings with a single second or, possibly, cause complete humiliated silence with a single sentence. There's the Uncle's Mother, who's one of the nicest people I semi-know and who has the wisdom to hide from the rest of the family during non-meal hours. And then there is Cecil, the Eternally Fat Cat, who loves you until he doesn't, and clings or claws with tooth and nail.

...but, yes. So. The 14th. I was dreading packing. Not packing for a lovely weekend at Momocon, prancing happily between the cosplayers and menewshans. Instead, packing for a 7 hour plane ride at 6:00 AM on the 15th, wherein the man in front of us snored wetly for most of the journey, and the plane never wanted to land (we had to circle at least once after a premature attempt at descent). For the harrowing 45 minute ride from San Francisco, wherein my father decided to be a total "man" and refuse to ask for directions, and promptly got us lost. For the arrival at the house, the "unique" and "individual" welcomes from the rest of the family. And finally the family dishes served at the dinner table.

...I would have taken Momocon over California ANY day of the week.

-I'd love a female shirt, to wear in memory of the times that I COULD have spent enjoying "Otaku" Fangirl Heaven, and instead spent suffering in the ironically-named town of Pleasanton, California.

Last edited by Croon; 03-18-2009 at 10:08 PM..