View Single Post
Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 03-20-2009, 04:19 AM

100. Gone - Continuation of City and "Trust Me"

Heso had somehow procured us a bed. When the Jagerians had made it clear that we would be staying there, the braver of the prisoners had requested to go out in parties and drag what supplies they could from what was left of the burned city. Our guards had allowed it, but most likely because they did not want to be bothered, and because there was no way they were giving up the beds in the castles. Heso never said how, but in one of those many days that I returned from the interrogation by the Jagerians, there was a bed that Heso ushered me into, but honestly he would have been enough for me. I could lay in his arms for hours and forget the beatings that I had succumbed to as the Jagerians tried to get out of me where the last remaining members of the royal family had disappeared to. It hurt all the more that I knew nothing and that I could not convince them of the fact.

So I would come back to our dining prison along with others, the last remaining members of the army, trusted servants who had once worked in the home, and I stumbled into the quiet corner that Heso had reserved for us and succumbed to sleep. How quickly I could fall asleep in his arms. One day as I dozed I woke with a start as he winced in pain. "Your wounds!" I said quickly as I rose and examined the bandages that still remained from the last day of the war. But I had checked them just a few hours ago and none of them had pained him since we had come to be there. He shook his head and hissed again through gritted teeth before sitting up and taking a deep. He broke out in a sweat at once and I bid him lay down. Half the span of an hour passed before he sunk back into a peaceful sleep again. I lay down beside him and placed my head on his chest, but I could not force myself to sleep for fear for him. The hours passed endlessly.

"Shonasha," he finally said some time around dusk. I sat up and looked at him, but didn't speak. "Can you wait for me?" his voice sounded small, and unsure.

'Wait for you?" I asked with a frightened laugh, "Why do I need to wait for you, you're right here?"

His red eyes turned away from me, and as they became distant I knew he was looking someplace that I could not see and contemplating something that was still yet to come, "I have to leave you alone, or rather, leave myself..." He sighed in exasperation. "Flamoya is on the move again, and I can feel her tugging at the edges of my mind, trying to get in. I wish the clouds would cover her face again, she is so very strong," He gripped the front of his shirt and took a deep breath. "If she were to gain control of me, you know what could happen. I cannot fend her off as I am now, I need to devote all of my energy to protect myself. Can you wait for me?"

What could I say? Flamoya had used her powers of possession during the war and her power could destroy so much. I could not stop the words from passing my lips, "I do not want you to go, I have finally gotten you back. Please don't leave me here alone,"

He put a hand to my face, "Please take care of me while I'm gone. You'll need to leave this place when you find the prince. I'll be able to do some things, but not much. Please."

"I'll take care of you," I said as I held his hand to my face, "I promise."