View Single Post
Pa-pancake
\(@O@)/
Send a message via MSN to Pa-pancake

Old 03-22-2009, 04:02 PM

The Secret Life of Bees

Amazing! Probably one of the best movies I have seen this year so far. It was moving and touching and it did not bore me one bit! Everything was really perfect. The choice of actresses was already really good. They put so many pow wow names into a single movie and really the result is good! I loved how the story moved and how it was a very different movie. It reached out to me because of the different races mingling and understanding each other. It shows how American progressed after slavery was abolished through the eyes of a 14 year old country girl. Her story is really compelling and it inspires me a lot because through that 1 and a half hours, I managed to grasp so much from it. There was so much sadness and little happiness actually but the ending itself was great. It made me realize and learn a lot. The simplicity of how the managed to portray such a twisted story is beautiful! Lilly was such an innocent girl at first and the conflicts she faced made her into a very strong independent young woman and Dakota Fanning, how can anyone play that character better than her? She was really fit for that role and the other African American characters were brilliant as well. I especially loved May Boatwright's character because she was such a unique character and even though she sadly passed on, I thought her character was the most moving out of them all. And really, her acting was very convincing! The setting of the place was very pretty too. It made me travel to where they were as if I was there. I cried a lot throughout this movie because it touched me so much thinking about the people who loved me and how much I should really cherish them. Its a very educational movie and definitely one to watch with the family to strengthen family ties. Though there are some parts with minor cursing but I highly recommend it!

Rating: A perfect 10/10!