View Single Post
Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 05-25-2009, 06:10 AM

71. Obsession
He was working at a little music store at the time. It was just off main-street, and was the kind of place that was visited by tourists, but was only really appreciated by the locals that came by there every day to check out the new CD's that were out or just hang out and talk music with the people that worked there.

Putnar was working register, and he just wanted to finish up with the last wave of people before he could take of for the evening and head back to the little apartment he shared with Soda. He was going to call up the other man and talk the night away in that apartment until it felt like both of them were there, instead the miles apart that they actually were. "Did you find everything alright sir?" He asked, as he started grabbing the next customer's things and scanning them in.

"It really is you."

Putnar's heart thudded deep in his chest, as if trying to knock him of his feet. He looked up slowly and gaped back at the perfect smile of the tawny haired young man that he had known as a teenager in high school. The man who had broken his heart down to the core, and had made him want to die ever since then.

"Anthony..."

And so it came somehow that as his shift ended, just a few minutes later that he walking down the street just off the main stretch with the tawny haired man that had broken his heart. How had that come to be?

"What are you doing here?" Was all he could manage to ask.

"The University of Phoenix. I'm taking classes to become an engineer," Anthony said, as he walked in that sort of shuffle that he had always done.

"An engineer," Putnar stopped in his tracks and stared at the other man, "What about your football career?" Football had been that only thing Anthony had ever cared about in high school. It had been the reason Anthony had broken up with Putnar. He hadn't wanted to get kicked off the team if anyone found out he was going out with another guy.

"Yea, I realized football wasn't getting me anywhere. I got hooked up with an up-and-coming company and they're paying for me to go to school so I can work for them. And," He turned around and gave Putnar that charming smile that had won him from the beginning, "No one will care what I do with my love-life."