View Single Post
Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-28-2009, 06:14 AM

Leane sighed as she propped her head up with her hand, resting her elbow beside her books on her desk - bored in History yet again. It was only three days until the Masquerade Ball on All-Hallows-Eve and Leane had yet to consent to bring any of the boys who had asked her.

At seventeen, Leane was still uncommitted in a relationship - she found the boys in her school just that - boys. What she needed was a man who would treat her properly and not care that she was the most popular girl nor that her Daddy was a very rich man. Unfortunately, she would have to consent to bring one of these boys to the Ball with her, she couldn't very well go date-less after all. But how could she choose? She didn't want any of the boys to get the wrong idea, after all.

Then a thought struck her. "That's it!" Leane shouted as Mr. Culvey had just got done speaking of Marie Antoinette's untimely death. Mr. Culvey lowered his glasses and eyes Leane, "Yes, Ms. Supton?"

Blushing, Leane quickly thought of a response, "I-I was just thinking, the French are very unkind to Royalty! I mean, sure, Marie Antoinette had a lot of problems, but her husband wasn't much help! She simply used the money to get back at her husband, she and her children were innocent in the scenario and should not have been murdered. It was cruel and her motives were clear, she honestly did not think about the way her actions would effect the common people. Had the French simply listened to their case and learned the facts, the whole bloody mess could have been avoided!"

This earned her applause from the class, as was usual, she admitted with a sigh, due to her being popular and everyone hanging on her ever word. But although most of the class agreed with her, there were a few who remained silent.

Mr. Culvey simply rolled his eyes and turned back to the chalkboard, "Thank you, Ms. Supton, for that enlightening view. Now may I continue my lesson on the French Revolution?"

"Yes, Mr. Culvey."

"Thank you. Now, unlike Ms. Supton's view on the matter, the French people did not...." Mr. Culvey went on with his lesson and Leane returned to her thoughts - her thoughts filled with different ways to choose a date. 'There's always my original thought - name drawing,' she mused to herself as class went on uninterrupted.