View Single Post
Anaromantic
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-04-2009, 12:58 AM

The pencil ran over the white paper in ferocity as a figure began to take shape. Fawn bit her lip in concentration and her eyes went in and out of focus as her imagination flowed onto the paper. One figure than two... and a smaller smudge to the side.

The first figure was tall, lean, but not all together skinny. The second a little shorter, but definitely female. The smudge to the side soon had eyes and a wide smile full of sharp teeth. A castle corridor stretched out behind all three of them and a large labyrinth laid out outside the window at the side. Fawn took a break and looked over her artwork and looked out the window to the view of downtown Anaheim and the City Hall across the street. It wasn't a labyrinth, that's for sure.

"Fawn, what are you doing here?" her mother came into the room and looked at the sketch pad in her hands, "I swear, girl, if you don't get your mind out of those fantasy worlds and into your real life, you're going to miss so much of what can be."

"Not much there, mom," Fawn muttered and looked at the picture she drew again.

"Ok, honey," she sighed and tapped on Fawn's door, "Time for some errand work. Let's get going."

"In just a sec, I wanted to figure out her story," Fawn blended an angle on the female's face, "I wonder if she was wished away to the fae..."

"Sometimes I wish that fae or little goblins would come and take you away," her mother laughed at her daughter's playful pout. She turned from the room and walked down the hall and called back to her daughter, "Work awaits!"

"Yeah, I gue- what is that?" she tucked her sketch pad into her small bag and slung it over her shoulder to put it away. Her eyes re focused on a small spot moving below her window on the grass. It moved in and out of bushes and suddenly it looked up at her and smiled a broad smile with sharp teeth. The connection was made instantly.

"It can't be," Fawn whispered and turned abruptly as her door slammed shut and her lights flashed off. Chuckles were thrown at her from all around her room. And then she couldn't even see the moonlight from outside. She couldn't see anything.

"Hey Fawn," her mother knocked on the door and then opened it, "Fawn?"

The room was empty. No sign of her daughter or her sketch pad.