View Single Post
Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-28-2009, 01:24 AM

As her shift came to a close and she and her sisters packed up for the day, Dawn was called into Mr. Lewton's office.

"Now look here, missy, you can keep your job even after that little stunt you pulled earlier, one of which I have not forgotten. However, I will not let it go unpunished. You are to work an extra shift tonight as well as your usual shift tomorrow. No sleeping on the job. You fall asleep and you're fired, is that understood?"

"B-"

"Do not make me repeat myself young lady. There are plenty of other tramps looking or a job out there on the streets, I can easily replace you. Now, I'm sure you and your family barely get by as it is, do you really want your family losing your much needed income?"

Sighing, Dawn shook her head, "No, sir. I shall stay."

"Good, now get back to work!"

"Yes, sir," Dawn said simply before exiting his office. Sighing as she walked over to Ariena, Dawn explained the situation and put Ariena in charge of getting Mary home safely and fixing a small sandwich for dinner, she didn't want them cooking without her there.

When the girls had left for home, Dawn went back to her table and began working once more, shooting glares at Mr. Lewton's office door every so often while she worked. 'If only he weren't the boss here.. If only we could get rid of him or he'd go away.. maybe things would be different..,' she mused to herself.

"If only one could be that lucky," she whispered aloud as she worked, hoping to finish early and earn a small break to get at least a few minutes of sleep.