View Single Post
Ponta
One is never too early to monologue.

Old 10-23-2009, 02:19 AM

>>> Cookies

Ding!
The kitchen timer just went up, prompting Scarlet to jump up and run over to the oven. Oliver, still sitting at the kitchen table yawned. “You really think they’re going to burn?”
“Yes,” Scarlet quickly slipped her hands into an oven mitt and pulled down the oven door. The kitchen quickly filled with the scent of the freshly baked cookies. Cautiously, Scarlet pulled the tray out and set it on top of the stove. She then pushed the door shut and turned the oven off. “Oh, I want to bite into one now.”
“You’ll burn the crap out of your tongue.”
“I know,” Scarlet took in the smells of sweet carrot and chocolate goodness, “But they’re just saying – eat me now!”
Oliver took a whiff of the carrot chocolate cookies, “They do smell pretty good.” Before, Oliver had never been a huge fan of carrots but because of Scarlet’s love for the orange vegetable, he was starting to change his mind. He was about to suggest that they go find something to do while the cookies cool off but was suddenly taken off guard by the girl’s actions. “What are you doing,” he interjected.
His cry was too late though as Scarlet already had taken one of golden brown cookies and took a bite out of the round sweet. “Ouch!” She quickly threw the cookie back on to the tray, “It burnt my tongue.”
“Of course it did,” Oliver got up from the table and walked over towards Scarlet, “Let me take care of it.”
“How?”
The boy smirked, leaning in towards Scarlet before surprising her with a sudden kiss.

Characters:
Scarlet and Oliver from Flaming Snowball