View Single Post
Ponta
One is never too early to monologue.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:58 PM

>>> French Fries

My sister and I decided to eat at the mall’s food court after almost being plowed over by a car. Usually I loose my appetite after a near death experience (okay, maybe not “near death” but it would have been a serious injury), however I felt that if I ate something salty then maybe my desire to vomit would diminish. I think my sister, on the other hand, could eat just about anything in any given situation due to her love of food. I hate how she’s the “skinny one” and I still have my “pooch” no matter what I try to do. But right now weight wasn’t important – the hot smell of just pulled from boiling oil, salted French fries caught the attention of my taste buds. The hint of fried, battered chicken nuggets began to make my mouth water as well. “Hey sis,” I pointed to where the delicious smell was coming from, “I’m going to Wenry’s.”
“Eww,” she promptly responded, “That’s not good for you at all.”
I rolled my eyes, “You just almost got us killed – you’re not going to tell me what to eat.”
“But that stuff will kill you!”
Here she goes again. My sister being a health major was really starting to take a toll on me. Not to mention, she goes vegetarian when she’s at college and only really eats meat during the holidays. Her restrictions were limiting my variety and her concoctions of healthy food were making me want to hurl. But nothing was going to stop me from eating Wenry’s today – I deserved it.
“Well, I’m going to go get a humus wrap.” She said starting to walk off and then turned around, “Find us a table, will you?”
Once we both got our food and settled down, I started to devour my French fires. My sister watched in disgust and I knew she was about to comment on why I shouldn’t eat so fast… but then she started to laugh.
“What,” I ripped opened my packet of ketchup, “Is so funny?”
“Do you remember Latin class when we go into that argument over natural flavors in ketchup with the veggie wannabees?”
“Oh yeah,” I started to laugh. Terra had gotten so annoyed with these three girls who were vegetarians and said that ketchup having “natural flavors” meant that animal products were in it and would not eat it. The bullshit had all started with them watching a VideoTube about a douche bag who sent out a message to the vegetarian and vegan community because a waitress told him that natural flavor meant their was meat in ketchup. This resulted in the boycotting of ketchup on French fries and a whole lot of other idiot myths about food which eventually everyone got tired of hearing in Latin class. I dipped my French fry into my pile of accumulated ketchup, “Those were some fun times.”

Characters:
Tatum and Terra from Girls Need Love Too