View Single Post
Lady_Megami
The monster under your bed.....

Old 10-29-2009, 03:14 AM

I read "A Brave New World" in high school, it made me think a lot about what type of society we live in. The book is a satire, does any one know what that is? I am sure you all do, it is a sarcastic story about how things are seen. The whole story is about a man who lives in a world filled with sex and more sex. At the very end he wanted to see more then life full of sex and ends up committing suicide. If you think about it, the world around us views sex as a liberal, everyone does it aptitude. Not that it is a bad thing, however, this liberal view of sex has caused diseases to sky rocket.

Another story that made me think about life was "The Giver", it was a depressing book about how people just block out the obvious. This little society blocks out everything worth while in life because they view it as a bad thing. Colors, fun, excitement; even the family units are uniform and "perfect". Until one boy who is given the gift of site sees that this isn't how we should live.

Both those books where required reading in school, and both are worth reading. They are awesome stories that make you think about life and where we are heading.