View Single Post
Ponta
One is never too early to monologue.

Old 11-01-2009, 06:56 AM

>>> Steak

“Biffy,” Max skipped ahead of his boyfriend, tail wagging. “What are we going to have for dinner tonight,” his voice rang.
Biff smiled at the gray wolf, “Let’s just say it’s not something your brother would ever make for dinner.
“Hooray!” Max knew what this meant – MEAT. His brother being part rabbit hindered their diets which mostly consisted of vegetables and tofu. Max couldn’t complain though, his brother was the one taking care of him and Ivan did get sick every time he tried to eat meat. It still would have been nice keeping some sort of protein in the house other than supplements and peanut butter. Thankfully Biff came along in Max’s life because buying takeout was getting expensive.
“Hmmm,” Max tried to think of what they might be eating. His favorite was lobster but the crustacean wasn’t in season so it must be something else. Biff had fairly expensive tastes too so whatever they were going to eat was going to be good. Obviously the wolf would just have to wait until they got back to the apartment.
“You like mushrooms, right?
Max looked towards Biff, “Of course,” he grinned, “With Ivan being the chef for so many years I think I’ve had just about every vegetable known to this world. Maybe even from out of this world too,” he added.
“Vegetarian sounds dreadfully unappealing,” Biff’s foxtail swished to the side as it was stating he agreed. The fox took out his key to his apartment. “I’m not sure how you managed.”
“Takeout, fast food, microwavable,” Max started to list a few, “And Chris usually eats with Ivan and me somewhere once in awhile. He’s not allowed to make any meat comments though because Chris will chew his head off.”
“That woman certainly knows how to put your brother in his place.”
Max grinned, “That’s just because he likes her but won’t admit it.”
Inside the apartment, Max flung himself down on the sofa as if he had been living there all his life. He kicked off his shoes and stretched his arm and legs. Biff smirked, taking off his coat and dropping it on top of Max. “Just make yourself at home.”
“Hey,” Max wrapped up in the coat, “Maybe I will,” he said with a pout.
“Aww,” Biff leaned close to Max’s face, “And here I thought you were going to defensive about me treating you like a little kid.”
“No, Max put his nose towards Biff, “I know I’m more important to you than that.”
“Right you are,” Biff then moved into the kitchen, “Nap if you like. I’ll get dinner done shortly.”
Max curled up in the coat, taking in all of Biff’s scent. “He’s so good to me,” Max said quietly to himself as he drifted off to sleep.
The wolf slept until a smell so wonderful caused his mouth to drool. He lifted his head with heavy eyes ready to trail off to the kitchen, “Steak and mushrooms.”

Characters:
Biff and Max from Flaming Snowball