View Single Post
Ponta
One is never too early to monologue.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:09 AM

>>> Jelly

“Mom.”
“What is it, Tye?”
The young boy folded his arms and wore a frown on his face, “I was making a sandwich for Maxy and me and you know what?”
“Yes, dear,” she tried not to laugh with such a serious look on her son’s face.
“The jelly in the refrigerator was older than me!”
“Oh,” Minna cringed, “Did you throw it away?”
Tye stuck up his nose, “Yeah, because you adults are too lazy to do it yourselves!”
Minna wanted to agree with him, but at the same time not get herself too involved. “Well, you know the rules of the house,” she sighed, “I’m not allowed to make anything in the kitchen.” She put her hand on her son’s shoulders, “But if I would have seen that nasty old jelly – I would have thrown it away.”
“Yeah,” Tye shrugged his shoulders, “But I want a peantut butter and JELLY sandwich and we’re out of jelly.”
She knew where this was going. “Tye,” she got up, “Would you like to accompany to the store and pick out some jelly?”
The boy instantly brighten up, “I can pick out any one I want?”
She smiled, “Of course!”
Perhaps letting Tye pick out the flavor of jelly wasn’t the greatest of ideas. Later, when Tye’s father, Goukai, was digging in the fridge he found the recently purchased jelly. “What the hell is this?”
Minna, sitting at the counter in the kitchen shrugged her shoulders, “Tye picked it out – I told him it wasn’t going to be the jelly he likes but he’s as stubborn as you.”
Goukai stared, “But… it’s mint jelly. The only thing you eat with this is a rack of lamb.”
“So I noticed,” Tye walked into the kitchen with a disappointed look on his face, “The green jelly does not go good with peanut butter at all.”

Characters:
Tye, Minna, and Goukai from Wild Wingz