View Single Post
Ponta
One is never too early to monologue.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:39 PM

>>> Pudding

The short, red headed rabbit girl was scraping the sides of her pudding cup, trying to get the very last scoop. The three year old loved chocolate, with chocolate pudding being her absolute favorite. The only thing that she loved more than chocolate was carrots and if she had any, she would have certainly used the carrots as a dipping spoon.
“Biff,” she cried out to her caregiver, “More!”
She shoved the empty plastic cup up above her to the much taller, male fox. Biff smirked before he took the cup from her and tossed the disposable plastic into the garbage can. “You sure do love your pudding,” he said as he leaned over and picked the small child up, “Looks like I’ll need to clean you up.”
“No,” Scarlet protested and rubbed her face with her already dirty, chocolate covered hands.
Biff sat her down on the counter and wet a rag, “This will just take a second.” He wiped her face and made sure all the chocolate was off, “There.”
“I want more.”
“That was the last one.”
“More!”
Biff sighed, he knew the kid was as stubborn as both her parents yet he was the one that had to put up with it. It was okay though, he’d stay the guardian of the child as long as he could… as long as Chris would finally tell Ivan the truth.
“Let’s walk to the store, Scarlet.”
She grinned, “Okay!”
Before the two left, Biff put a light jacket on the girl and a hat that discreetly concealed her white rabbit ears. He put on a gray, knee length coat knowing the weather wasn’t frigid, just a bit nippy. Leaving the apartment, the two walked hand in hand to the small grocery store until Scarlet requested to be carried. She rode on his shoulders even inside the store.
“What we get?”
“We’re getting pudding mix,” Biff said as he found the aisle and starting filling his basket with the pudding mix boxes, “You go through the cups too fast.”
“But I like cups.”
Biff had expected to hear that, “Tell you what – I’ll make this pudding extra special.”
The little girl became interested, “How?”
“I’ll add fresh grated carrot.”
Scarlet instantly hugged the head of her guardian in approval – nothing could be better than chocolate pudding with carrots.

Characters:
Scarlet and Biff from Flaming Snowball