View Single Post
Sinziana
Trelao. Seke. Verin.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:03 AM

It's an interesting quest, to find the perfect song to describe yourself. I even ventured so far as to try and make lists for my RP characters. Whenever I'd write for a particular personality I'd listen to the different lists to keep in the mood. It's a good help for longer posts to keep on point.

Anyway: Here are some songs I feel relate particularly well.

Hot Butter - Popcorn
Tchaikovsky - Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies, Swan Lake
Infected Mushroom - Becoming Insane
A Perfect Circle - Annihilation, Over, Renholder
Rufus Wainright - Hallelujah
Slipknot - Danger - Keep Away
Beethoven - Fuer Elise
Dvorak - New World Symphony
Fiona Apple - Criminal
Tom Petty - You Don't Know How It Feels
Into the Woods - No One Is Alone

...dear lord, there's more....... the more I try to understand and describe myself the more I fine subtle nuances and just plain old personality altering traits and quirks. It reminds me of that bit in Dune, where the kids can see all the possible futures and how they continually change. In order to keep from losing themselves and to proceed in their vision, they create a kind of base to view everything from. It's what I try to do, but it's like sitting on a secluded cliff up in the mountains and trying to watch the sky from day to day and pick out all the colors you see in it. No single color really fits, and the same colors are used in different ways every time. Music's like that too, when you find those songs that really just make sense. Ya know?