Old 02-19-2010, 12:13 AM

We're told that in the clinical setting, it's not. Mainly because you can't be screening and treating a patient and standing at parade rest. We address them by sergeant/ma'am/sir and so on out of courtesy. But that first sergeant was completely out of line. And we have to just take it. Our NCOs were in range, but do they do anything? Nope. Unless there's a way to make themselves look good, they stay in their offices and just peek out their windows at us. >_>

But at the new clinic, I saw one of the NCOs defending his soldiers. One sergeant came up to me and started interrogating me on where two of the female medics were. (I know one of the girls had her nails out of regulation, but it was questionable on the other's hair. I'm glad I just pull mine back. No need to look cute when in uniform. 8D) He basically told her the truth - he had already addressed the soldiers and it was going to be taken care of when the appropriate time came. The other clinic preferred waiting until the issue was over THEN called us into the office to let them know what happened as if it was juicy gossip. >_>