Thread: Frozen in Time
View Single Post
Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you know?"

Old 02-25-2010, 07:00 PM

"About my city," Shara repeated, trying not to flick the woman's hands and measurements away. Vague annoyance spread across her features, but she did nothing other than shift uncomfortably. "It's farther down," she said, glancing over at another worker. "Though by the looks of things, it's completely covered." She shuddered then, closing her glowing eyes. "I don't wish to speak of it. Not to humans."
Glancing over to where the second crystal had been found, Shara narrowed her eyes. "It's only us then?" she asked no one in particular. "The last of the elves brought down to dust. Pitiful." The woman's smooth voice was bitter, and her movements became a bit more jerking and sharp. Gritting her teeth, Shara shook her head and looked down at Alana. I wonder if I can get away from these humans to see my city alone. It was then that she made a mental plan to do so. All it would take is time.
"Let me know when Kej has been freed," she said in a low voice, calm once more. Stepping away from Alana, she began to observe the many others. She avoided the rays of sun that cascaded into the cavern, even raising a hand to shield herself from the dull lighting when she stood many feet away. Moving over to where the humans kept their food, she sniffed the air a few times before kneeling and prodding one of the packs.
"May I?" she asked in a nuetral tone, tilting her head in a bird-like motion. Running her tongue over her fangs, the elf sniffed the air again. Shara didn't recognize the smells, but perhaps there was something worth eating in there. . . .

Kej woke before the humans had uncovered his crystal. In a flash of panic, he found it hard to breathe. Strange, how awareness could do that to you. Many of the others had suffered a fate such as this - they had suffocated in malfunctioning crystals.
Placing a hand on the glass-like surface, the elf labored to keep breathing. Help me! White eyes wide, the male tried to calm himself - he was only using more air if he was panicked. He saw a bit of light . . . it came from the part of the prison that the humans had uncovered. Desperately placing his hand on the surface, he pushed gently against it, knowing that he wouldn't be able to break it with the little amount of strength he had.
Dark hair fell in front of his face as he shifted again, feeling the air itself disappear. Am I going to die like this?