View Single Post
Supi
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-17-2010, 04:00 AM

The Mortal Instruments series, City of Ashes. I LOVED City of Bones. Really I did. Even though it faintly rang of a fan fiction story and Clary was a little too desparing of herself and regarded Isabelle's "beauty" too much to be realistic on that front.

But other than that there was Alec, who I adored, and Magnus - despite being absolutely stereotypical to a T - who was fun too. So imagine my surprise when I open City of Ashes, read for awhile and all that potential is -gone-. It could be I simply don't like Jace much. He's a jerk. Maybe a good looking one, but the boy is a complete ass. And yes, he has reasons, but that doesn't make up for how he treats the girl he likes and his best friend, really, the two people he should be the nicest towards are the two he acts the harshest. Anyway, I haven't finished it. I'm trying to though. Not going so well. But...that's about it. I don't usually pick up books I don't like or haven't done some research on so I normally read everything I buy :3

And I do not remember the name of the author. I should go look it up, but...I feel lazy xD