View Single Post
Ponta
One is never too early to monologue.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:26 AM

>>> Procrastinate

I don’t know if it’s procrastination or something else. Maybe I’m just scared to do it. Everyone’s afraid of failure, right? When I look back on those years, I wonder if it was confidence that kept me at it or just sheer ignorance. Back then, I wasn’t worried about what others thought – well, at least when it came to that. I was always self conscious about my body and what others thought about me. But writing? Nobody could take that enjoyment away from me. The days where I’d stay at the computer, typing a way for hours in a whole new fantasy world. I could produce so many pages – and yeah, maybe now they seem like crap but at least then I wasn’t afraid to type… to write… to let my creativity flow from my fingertips to the keyboard. Each tap on the keys in front of me led me one step closer to finally telling that story I always wanted to tell. Now what? Now where is that story at?
Dead.
It’s been chopped up, spit on, cried over, and dead on the editing room floor of my mind. As much as I want to go back to it, as much as I want to return to the eternal bliss of writing without a care in the world, I hesitate. I procrastinate. I try to forget it but still, it lies there.
“Hey, Ace…”
I turn around, looking up to see a most familiar and beautiful face.
“Kid, why don’t you get some sleep?”
I nod, realizing my eyes had been aching and my ears ringing from the lack of sleep. Maybe a good night’s sleep will allow me to battle my demons tomorrow…
Who am I kidding?
Sleep is just another word for procrastination.

Characters:
Ace and Biff from Dirty Laundry