Old 06-01-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chexala View Post
I LOVE the Darkangel Trilogy! I found in randomly in the library back in middle school because I was looking for Tamora Pierce books, and I've been hooked on them every since. I've been rereading them lately because I've finally gotten around to getting my own copies. It's been a while, so it's almost like reading them for the first time, since I've been noticing all these new details in them. I hadn't realized just how much those books had influenced me, but now I can see echos of that world in my own writing.

It seems to be such an obscure trilogy though, which makes me really sad; used bookstores almost never have them, and even Powells only had the first two, and I've never met anyone else who's even heard of them until I tell them about it.
I love this series too. And I actually found it the same way though in high school. Everyday after school I had to go to the library and wait a few hours before anyone could pick me up. I was working my way through the "Young Adult" section and one day I came apon the Darkangel Trilogy. The version they had happened to be an out of print version that had all three books in one.
And I fell in love with it. It is sad that it is a harder series to find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiarra View Post
I loved Tamora Pierce's books when I was younger! My sister has all of them now, but every so often I'll pick one up for a quick read. :)

Speaking of quick reads, I read The Hunger Games last night (as in.... I picked it up and 4 hours later I realized it was over lol). Excellent book. I will be looking for the 2nd next time I am at the store.

And now I will sit and be ashamed that I have not read any of the books that have been featured on page 1 of the thread.
I'm a fan of Tamora Pierce's books too. I started reading them when I was in 5th grade (got a few free at book faires) and then started buying them. And even though I am now 21 years old I still buy each new one that comes out because I want to have all of her books. They are still great for a real quick read.

I was told The Hunger Games are really good books. I should read them.