View Single Post
ljosberinn
This is an obnoxious and offensive message.

Old 07-16-2010, 07:41 PM

It's amazing, seriously! I'm still so excited about having found them and been invited to come along to practices.

I was debating not going last night though, since I was really tired and I knew I needed the sleep for today. Ended up going anyway (because there was no way I'd regret going but likely I'd regret not going) and I'm so glad I did! I was late so I was only there for an hour, but I got tips on my juggling (apparently I've been doing it wrong.. holding my hands way too high and not throwing high enough. So I need to start again kind of.. D; ) and afterward, my friend dragged me to the camping site that's right by where we practice.
There were these three Canadian tourists that came to practice and they had a slackline in their tent, so we went to take a look. They were really cool and we ended up hanging out with them for way too long, my friend and a couple of other people from the circus tried the line (I didn't want to risk it cause of my ankle) and they tried a unicycle (not on the slackline, though they were tempted..) and juggling and stuff.
So yeah, I'm really glad I went. : D

Yes, it was an isolation, like the stuff he does at 0:26 onward. The second guy does it a bit too, but you can't really see it.. the filming is really weird in that video, but the guy is really good. Looks really smooth. Though he keeps his fingers really far apart when doing the butterfly.. I'm practicing keeping them together now myself.
Oh, and the butterfly thing I'm practicing is in that video, he does it a couple of times, the first time is around 0:16. I can do a few of those tricks, though not so smoothly. And I really want to learn the chest roll.. I can roll it up to my elbow easily, and with my left hand I can easily roll it up the inside of my arm to my elbow and down the other side of it, but that's about it.. I'm trying to roll it further but it's haaaaard.

Well, I dunno if we'll manage two person juggling, but you can always steal the ball from the other person. My friend did that to me at practice the other day and I tried stealing from him, though I didn't manage it before he had to run off. It doesn't look too hard though... first I need to get juggling on my own. P:

Woo, word bomb!