View Single Post
Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 08-27-2010, 07:03 PM

Autumn assigned each girl to keep an eye and ear out for any trespassers in a schedule so that they could all get some rest. From the disheveled looks of the girls, Autumn knew she would be the first one on watch duty. Motioning the girls to grab a few of the tarps covering various lawn gear, she cleared enough space for them to lay down. The clutter and closet sized dimensions of the shed made for a tight fit and the girls were almost laying one on top of the other.

"Now, I know it's not the Ritz," Autumn replied when the girls became fussy. "Would you rather be dinner? If so, I'll show you were the exit is. Just don't expect me to open the door when they come after you." Her remark caused the girls to look at her, fear flooding their eyes as they wondered if she would do that. Autumn looked around the shed for any form of weapon. She cursed silently for leaving her pistol back inside the house, in the very room where that boy's corpse or lack of now laid. Whoever lived on this property must have been of the lazy sort. Her fingers skimmed across the riding lawn mower, which had appeared to had been used rarely. The few inches of dust and spiderwebs draped from corner to corner reassured her of this.

"Autumn..." A voice called out causing the redhead to turn her attention away from the contents of the shed and towards the blonde. "I can't sleep. They're going to get us, aren't they?"

"Not if we play it safe." She answered, squatting down closer to the girl. She noticed that the brunette companion was softly snoring. "We cannot be fighting each other. What you two did back there was a bonehead move. And it got that boy killed." Autumn felt a flash of anger flare up as she thought about all the 'what ifs.' If Autumn hadn't let her guard down because of the fight, that boy would be alive still. "Just get some sleep and in the morning, we'll move on."