Thread: The Muted [O/A]
View Single Post
Skykittykat
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-06-2010, 07:28 PM

The confusion was clear in the girls voice and Ely nearly laughed but it was cut off by a sharp rapping on her door followed by a harsh yell for her to keep it down. She growled to herself and rolled her eyes. She'd bloody well do what she wanted if she was going to be locked down here like this. "Kiss my barking spider and sod off..." She muttered to herself in contempt before turning her attention back to the other girl, Rue, apparently.

"Of sorts and among other things. I guess you could say I emit light, but that's really just a side effect of photokinesis, at least in my case. I've ne'er seen anyone with my talent so I can't assume it's a universal side effect." She shrugged, even though it wouldn't be seen. "Corrr! Five years... Blimey. Walls this white would drive me blinkin' mad!" Ely exclaimed in shock. She wasn't quite sure how the other girl put up with it for so long. "Anywho, it's nice to meet cha Rue."

At the girl's asking for an explanation of her words Ely laughed hopelessly. "Ah... I guess I'm right not in London anymore, am I, Toto?" She asked half jokingly though her brain dragged in dismay. Her family... They were still in England. She couldn't help but hope they were still looking for her, or that they were still waiting for her to return. Even if now that she was here she would have little to no chance to return.

"Er..." She returned her attention to Rue and struggled for the words she was looking for that the obviously american girl would get. Translating from British slang was an uphill battle indeed. "Pants... I think you Americans would say 'terrible' instead. And Khazi... Well..." She grasped for the right words. "The John? A bathroom." She nodded to herself. The right term finally coming to mind.

[[Barking Spider - A somewhat rude term for the butt. If you think about it a bit you'll get it.
Sod off - Eff off
Corrr - a general exclamation of surprise
Blimey - Wow
Blinking - Means the same thing as bloody. An intensifier

Just so you know. Since Ely grew up on the streets a lot of what she uses is less common british slang and not the formal and upright language you'd normally hear in England.]]