View Single Post
NekoShade
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-01-2010, 06:46 PM

Welcome to How The Monkey Met the Clam and Other Blurbs: A Weekly Contest Thread!

Hey all, I'm NekoShade, NekoSari's mule and I will be hosting this here writing contest. Now, things might be a little shaky since I've never held any kind of contest so you guys will have to bear with me while I smooth over any little things that crop up; but I shall certainly do my best to make this as fun for everyone as I can. The contest is still very much a work in progress so don't be too disappointed that the prizes are a little puny at the moment.

First though, everyone's least favorite part: The Rules

1. This one's obvious, respect Mene's TOS
2. Keep everything pg-13 please
3. Respect all who post here, we don't want to be disrespected, right?
4. No whining or complaining if you are not chosen to be the week's winner. There will be other chances since this contest is going to be held every week, so there's no need to get all snippy
5. Have fun!

Table of Contents:
1. Intro & Rules
2. Contest Notes
3. Announcements
4. Contest Themes and Requirements
5. Contest History
6. Undetermined
7. Undetermined
8. Undetermined

----------

The way this will work:

1-Every Monday morning (or maybe sunday night) I will announce the week's theme and requirement

2-All participants will have until Thursday evening to post their submissions (beneath a spoiler bar please~) so The judges can read every entry and reach their decisions by sometime on Sunday

3-Winners will be announced at some point sunday afternoon and prizes will be sent out

4-This is very important!! All participants need to make sure to shoot me a PM with a link to their subscription so that nobody gets overlooked!

5-As a special sort of extra prize, the winners of the previous week may choose to volunteer to judge the upcoming week's contest entries

These are the tags for the spoiler bar: [hide] Entry [ / hide ] But with no spaces in the second /hide.

----------

Special Announcements:

Before the contest is officially open, I'd like to ask for my first two (possibly three) Judging volunteers, since judging would be a bit of a heavy load on me and wouldn't be very fair or unbiased. If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM and I'll let you know whether or not I'll need ya. The way I want to do the judging is to have all 2 or 3 judges (myself included) read a portion of all entries and discuss the better ones out of the bunch. As a final note: I will be the only person that knows who the judges are, so there will be no chance of bribery. Not that I think anyone would actually do that :ninja:

==>MAKE SURE TO ALWAYS CHECK THE POST BENEATH THIS FOR THE WEEK'S THEME AND REQUIREMENT!!<==

Last edited by NekoShade; 12-17-2010 at 05:38 PM..