Old 12-22-2010, 10:09 PM

Here’s how battling works.
A trainer will appear like so:

Quote:
Level 2

Pokemon Trainer Mikey has appeared!
Roll an 8 to engage in a battle!

[dice]10[/dice]
The level on the left represents the trainers that can battle him, and the number of pokeballs represents how many pokemon he has.
Trainers will then roll accordingly. The first person to roll the correct number will engage in battle.
After I see that the number has been rolled, I will post this:

Quote:
Level 2

[Your name] has engaged in a battle with Pokemon Trainer Mikey!
Mikey has sent out

Pikachu lvl 25!
This is how damage works:
A trainer will automatically beat the generated trainer’s pokemon that was sent out if the pokemon is at least 3 levels higher than the generated pokemon’s trainer.
Basically, you just need to post the pokemon you sent out after quoting the generated trainer post, and declare an attack that works with the pokemon you sent out

For example:

Quote:
Quote:
Level 2

Mikey has sent out

Pikachu lvl 25!

Squirtle, use Razor Leaf!
If I see this, I’m just calling it an INVALID BATTLE, because you really shouldn’t be here if you think Squirtle knows how to use Razor Leaf.

For a battle to be valid, you MUST declare a pokemon attack and it has to be compatible with that pokemon

So, if you did post "Squirtle, use Water Gun!" and your Squirtle is at least level 28 or higher, you win, and I will post:

Quote:
[Your name] has beaten Pokemon Trainer Mikey's Pikachu. Pokemon Trainer Mikey is about to send out Gardevoir!
You may send out another pokemon that you have, or use the same pokemon.

Since the trainer has two pokemon, I will repeat the battling process:

Quote:
Level 2

Mikey has sent out

Gardevoir lvl 28!
Let's say you have an Absol, level 26. For pokemon (that you have) that are stronger types than the generated pokemon, but are at levels that are at least 2 levels less or more, than the stronger type wins. (ie, fire beats grass, etc)

So, if Absol is from levels 26 to 30, it wins.
If you sent out a Fighting-pokemon that is level 30, because it falls under the +2/-2 range, Gardevoir would win.

Quote:
Quote:
Level 2

Mikey has sent out

Gardevoir lvl 28!

Absol, use Bite!
Even though your Absol is only level 26, it falls under the +2/-2 range, so it wins.

After beating all pokemon, I will post:

Quote:
[your name] has beaten Pokemon Trainer Mikey!
[your name] receives 8 rare candies for winning!

If, however, you happen to lose the battle, the entire rolling process will start over and another trainer will have a chance to battle.

Last edited by Waffle; 01-01-2011 at 10:13 PM..