View Single Post
sarofset
Jeddak of Helium

Old 06-03-2011, 12:47 AM

In my opinion the real problem is not so much what we eat, as what we do. Most people simply do not get enough physical activity. They sit in front of flashing boxes all day, and then go to work, where they either sit in front of another flashing box, or stand there for hours on end.

Diet is a problem but frankly it's not the whole issue, and switching people completely away from any animal fat or salt is really bad for brain development.

Other problems include High fructose corn syrup, which is NOT "just sugar" It's much more energy dense than cane sugar, and it's in freaking everything. Seriously. Look at the labels on stuff, and you'll even find it in canned vegetables. It's gross.

Here is a simple solution. Go outside. Seriously. There's lots of cool stuff out there. Go play a a game with your friends, or go hiking, or just start going for a walk every day. It's good for you. And you don't need to pay for a gym membership.

Think you just don't like sports? Well have you tried Dagorhir? YouTube - ‪Dagorhir‬‏

Or even regular larping?

And as for food... make your own. Learning to cook is fun, and you'll realize exactly what's in everything you eat. You'll use less bad ingredients and once you get good, you'll probably be making stuff that tastes better then a lot of restaurants anyway.

I'm saying this mostly because I'm tired of tax money being wasted on trying to fix such a simple problem.

...now stop staring into the flashing box and go play a game or something.