View Single Post
p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-27-2011, 04:52 PM

Brooke hopped in the back of the gray car and layed down on the seat. She didn't mind, she wanted to rest her head anyway and try to regain her cool. She heard a faint click and then the car began to move. She wasn't sure if they were in the clear yet and then she heard a loud explosion that made her jump. Terry seemed to be a dangerous man and Brooke was glad he was on her side, for now.

Brooke had moved to lay on her back, knees bent, now bare feet in the seat, watching the clouds drift by upside down from the window when Terry said it was safe to sit. She sat up and looked down at herself to assess the cuts on her hands as she responded, "I'm fine, the cuts aren't deep enough for stitches, most of the blood," she paused for a moment, "isn't mine." She looked out the window again. She hadn't killed many people who'd come after her, but like this time they had all been in self defense. It still gave her nightmares and she still hated doing it. Her arms were bruised, her back ached and her lip was swollen, but it would be fine too, given time, and maybe a little ice.

All she wanted to do was get these bloody clothes off. "I don't care where I go, but I need a shower," she said briefly, still shaken up. She leaned her head back on the seat and stared up at the roof of the car. She still wasn't sure she should trust Terry, but for now, she was the only one with the information on the location of the flash drive, so she knew he wouldn't try anything crazy. It was barely after two now and they would still need to wait a day to be able to get the flash drive. Brooke sighed, at least that would be one more day she was, almost, sure she'd live.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 09-27-2011 at 04:55 PM..