View Single Post
MintyRey
N00b

Old 11-27-2011, 07:12 PM

"Perhaps your tastes are a little more...discerning than most, Prince Jasper. I see no evidence that the princess has prepared the meal in an unsatisfactory way.", Samuel finally said. The duke, now done with returning everything to the cupboards, hung the damp cloths he had used to dry the dishes on an iron bar by the kitchen sink before continuing. "And surely you would agree, the way a lady cooks chicken can not be the only aspect she should be judged upon. I've met many men who prefer grace, skill, and intelligence in their wives over culinary ability. Practical characteristics a mere 'trophy' could never possess."

Samuel now turned to face the scion to the Eveque line. The disparity between them was evident, not just in their points of view but in their physical appearance. Though he disagreed with the prince, the duke kept a courteous smile on his face and made sure to carefully choose his words. "I myself hope to meet someone who isn't always so stuck up." He paused to observe Jasper's reaction, wondering if he would notice that the last two words were aimed more at him than anyone else. Even if he did, Samuel doubted the smug prince would give a damn. " A charming lady who knows what fun is.", Samuel continued, still keeping an amiable front. "And what of you? Do you still wish for an acquiescent lover?"

Last edited by MintyRey; 11-27-2011 at 07:20 PM..