View Single Post
sidrabutterfly
Infinitely odd

Old 12-24-2011, 09:42 PM

FINISHED!

Advanced (307 words)

Abel's Christmas

Abel was staying up late working on a new project. Suddenly he heard a strange noise coming from the roof, and shortly a big man in a red suit appeared. Surprised, Abel prepared a quick spell to ward off this large intruder.
“Ho ho ho!” he shouts, his belly jiggling like a bowel of slime he had found in his fridge this morning.
“Who are you. I won’t have you trying to steal any of my spells.” Abel could tell that the fat man was magical, powerful too. He checked his protection spells, but none of them had been broken.
“Young Cain, you’ve been a good boy this year. I’ve brought you your presents. Ho ho ho!”
“Don’t call me Cain, I'm Abel, and I’m hardly young,” he said coolly. How did this person know his real name? He couldn’t sense any maliciousness from him, but some beings were incredible good at hiding their true intentions.
“To me EVERYONE is young, little Abel.” He reached into the large bag that he was holding, and brought out a blue snow-flaked patterned present. “Go ahead and open it now child.”
This man was making a very large claim to say everyone was young to him, and his calling him so was starting to get on his nerves. So he took the present warily.
When he opened the box a brand new scarf was in it. It was softer than his current scarf, and a card in it said that it would regulate his temperature, no matter the weather, and it also had a protection spell already built in to it. He supposed he could use a new scarf, and he was going to need renew his spells on this one soon anyways, so it would save him a lot of trouble. Still, he would have to thoroughly examine it before wearing it. He looked up to speak to the fat man again, but he was gone with nothing but the faint smell of cookies lingering in the air.

----------

It could also double as a "Present" theme :P