View Single Post
ljosberinn
This is an obnoxious and offensive message.

Old 12-25-2011, 11:33 PM

Cherry: Ahh I love ferns! I'd love to see one with decorations too!

I celebrate the solstice personally - the winter and summer solstices are important to me personally and emotionally (those are the two times of year I get homesick the most, by far, especially since you can really, really feel the difference of the two in Iceland with almost 20hr darkness and 24hr daylight) and although I don't really have specific ways of celebrating that in itself, that is what I think about the most. My family celebrates in ways that are rooted mostly in culture, so a mix of pagan and Christian traditions. We have a tree, lots of food, loooooots of lights everywhere.. but a big part of it is that at 6 on xmas eve, we wait to hear the church bells toll on the radio and we do keep the mass on while we eat dinner. But as my mum is the only really religious person in the family (which is funny, because when I was a child she was doing a BA in philosophy, so she really taught me to question religion, along with everything else), we don't take any of it too seriously. It's more a time of traditions and being with the family, and keeping warm and light during the darkest hours of the year.

Do I ramble on too much sometimes? I feel like I do.. sorry about that! It's like thinking out loud except it involves writing everything that comes to mind down. Really, I should just use my blog more.... Also I am in foodheaven right now, which makes my mind wander more I think.

Also downloading at my parents' is especially slow! I hope I'll get to watch the xmas special tomorrow. :C Anyone seen it yet then?